User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 29 of 29
  1. #18
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm loving playing badminton again.
    I noticed in some pro - matches people don't apologize on net shots - so I thought maybe it's considered a great shot as opposed to lucky as in Tennis or Table Tennis.
    not all pro have good etiquette. in fact, some of them are outright poor at it.

    but that doesn't mean it is ok. it only means they are setting bad examples for others to follow. we should always strive to have good etiquette.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    that is a very good point, about people being sick, especially when the players still have sweaty hands that's where the germs are! maybe i should start banging rackets
    Some folks here bump fists to limit the germ-transfer of a handshake or high-five. It's comical at the end of a game when each player wants to do something different.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    I have 3 kids, my immune system is awesome.
    Immune system's in great shape with three kids? But how's your bank balance?

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't Lin Dan in one game lose his sets (while sponsored by yonex) he didn't shake hands and got angry and kicked his racket up in the air and ended up hitting the other player ...

  4. #21
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Didn't Lin Dan in one game lose his sets (while sponsored by yonex) he didn't shake hands and got angry and kicked his racket up in the air and ended up hitting the other player ...
    he did kick a racket, but didn't hit anyone like you described. and that behavior is a good example of what NOT to follow!


  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    he did kick a racket, but didn't hit anyone like you described. and that behavior is a good example of what NOT to follow!

    Oh my bad , I thought it did because the racquet landed beside him while he was holding his head :0, yes indeed.

  6. #23
    Regular Member dbswansea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had to sell my soul to get my jjs

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Immune system's in great shape with three kids? But how's your bank balance?

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That Lin Dan, what a gentleman at the end of that match.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smashikon, Driveland
    Posts
    588
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    one bad day in 10 years of pro-badminton and some people still making silly comments. you guys must be real saints...

  9. #26
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,707
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    one bad day in 10 years of pro-badminton and some people still making silly comments. you guys must be real saints...
    where are the silly comments?
    Anyway I think to be of the severe competitive nature you need to have, to become a champion at the top level, behaviour like this once in a while is inevitable.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mater View Post
    That Lin Dan, what a gentleman at the end of that match.
    He did go over to try and shake the guy's hand - but the other guy was too busy celebrating - maybe opponent should've started his celebration after handshakes were finished!

  11. #28
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,065
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Some folks here bump fists to limit the germ-transfer of a handshake or high-five. It's comical at the end of a game when each player wants to do something different.
    @Fidget
    We go one further... we bump elbows instead.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thats datuk lee btw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •