User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Regular Member DuckFeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Plastic click / creak in cone

    Around the cone, either at the very top or maybe further down in the handle I can hear this click/crack noise when waving the racket.

    Does this sound like it's about to separate at the cone or split in half say the handle? It's louder after whipping some hard smashes earlier today. Maybe I should go easy on it?

    If this breaks/is broken do I take this Asian sign that I need a stiffer racquet?

    I'll try and post a video.

    It's a fleet woven, copy of a meteor.

  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    on Yonex rackets, that means the glue that attaches the hollow plastic cone with the solid cone underneath has come loose. the solution is to wiggle it until the plastic cone is completely detached, and then re-glue it.

    however, i have not disassembled a Fleet cone before. so i am not sure if that's the same problem.

  3. #3
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,322
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If there's no crack on the cone, then it's just the epoxy that has loosened. Should be fine. Won't affect play.

  4. #4
    Regular Member DuckFeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cheers guys, I just didn't want to end up throwing half a racquet at anyone if it went mid smash.

    I kind of wish I was so powerful that I overwhelmed the racquet but I think I'd prefer to be able to keep playing with it

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,138
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    on Yonex rackets, that means the glue that attaches the hollow plastic cone with the solid cone underneath has come loose. the solution is to wiggle it until the plastic cone is completely detached, and then re-glue it.

    however, i have not disassembled a Fleet cone before. so i am not sure if that's the same problem.
    If I bed the shaft it cracks once around the cone area, but after that if I use it continuously it doesn't crack. It only does if you leave it for a certain period of time and then when u swing it or bend the shaft you have hear 1/2 cracks then it stops, is this okay?

  6. #6
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,322
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please please whatever you do, do not I repeat do not bed the shaft!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,138
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Please please whatever you do, do not I repeat do not bed the shaft!
    Okay thanks visor, I played with the z force today, I didn't hear any cracks and I was smashing away so I'm going to assume its okay

  8. #8
    Regular Member DuckFeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was tempted to bed my mx60.

    I wonder how long before @Exert spots the typo. I read your post out of context...

    The grab both ends and flex thing is only a vague indication of flex anyway isn't it? No appreciation of aerodynamics or head weight.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,138
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckFeet View Post
    I was tempted to bed my mx60.

    I wonder how long before @Exert spots the typo. I read your post out of context...

    The grab both ends and flex thing is only a vague indication of flex anyway isn't it? No appreciation of aerodynamics or head weight.
    Bed......

    10 chars.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •