Yonex BG85 Vs Yonex BG66 Maxima

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by LoneRanger, Dec 12, 2013.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    I've pretty much had my eyes on getting a packet of 'Yonex BG66 Maxima' for my Karakal BN60 racket. But after looking through a few threads I became curious to see how the 'Yonex BG85' compare. Firstly, durability and price aren't a factor and I'm okay with endlessly stringing again and again. Hitting sound is not important at all too but if this comparison ends in a tense tie then I guess it will become 1 of my last factors to include, however, I don't expect that to ever happen. My top 3 aspects for a string is 'Feel', 'Power' & 'Feedback', arranged from 1st to 3rd. I play singles more often and don't use power to win but use angle to pressure my opponent around the court from left, right, back & forth. I usually do net play and I play with feather shuttlecocks. I will string my racket at 28Lbs via the 4 Point/Knots method.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you are really into feel and feedback, then stop going to Yonex and look for other strings. here are a few that i'd recommend:

Victor VS850
    Ashaway Zymax 62
    Gosen R4X Momone or 110

3. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Can't vouch for the feel and feedback of some other Yonex strings but BG66 Ultimax might worth a try. IMO this has the best feel of all Yonex strings I tried (65, 65Ti, 66U, 68Ti, 80, 85, 95, 98, 99)

I would second Kwun's recommendation. In addition you can try R4X100 (.63, thinner gauge than R4X110).

Hope that helps.

4. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Nope, I'd disagree with Zombie. BG66UM is a medium feel string, it doesn't provide as much feedback as a hard feeling string does, like BG80 IMO.

5. LoneRanger

Student
    Thanks for the suggestion guys, I will definetely do some research on 'Victor VS850', 'Ashaway Zymax 62/75/67', 'Gosen R4X Momone/110' & 'R4X100/R4X110'. But in your opinion, which of these 2 strings would you chose? The 'Yonex BG66M' or 'Yonex BG85'? Please tell me your pick of these 2 strings and your explaination. I will compare my favourite of these 2 against the rest of your suggestions.

6. LoneRanger

Student
    After scrolling through many threads I've shortlisted down my top few favourite strings to the 'Zymax 65' and 'Yonex BG66 Maxima'. As usual, please comment on which is your favourite and expaination for your pick. Thanks

7. LoneRanger

Student
    But my eyes are still set om getting the 'Yonex BG66 Maxima' right now as I've seen it being compared with 'Zymax 65' and wins my attention as it suits me best. Still, you guys could put down your thoughts on 'Zymax 65' if you're a fan of it but still, it probably won't change my mind as I find BG66 Maxima the one to suit me best. Thanks for all yoir suggestions guys. Case closed....