User Tag List

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    If they show the instant review video to everybody (much just for the referee), i think there will be much less dispute.

Secondly, I am sure there may be situations where even with the benefit of instant slow mo review, it may difficult to make a call. If that is the case, I think it is best to call it a let. For example, if the referee thinks it is in while the deputy referee thinks it is out, a let should be call instead.
    I'd like to agree with you. But BWF has stated before, a certain degree of discretion by the referee(s) is called for in tight calls. A shuttle is not like a ball, after all. That's the drawback until we have a technological breakthrough in future, I guess.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what on the planet... i went off to look for a new theme for BC, and then come back and the umpire already getting off the high chair!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In G2, LXR started off 1-6 down and ended 21-9 won. Yeah, LXR often is able to turn the game around with a good run of points despite trailing well behind but, at the same time, she is prone to giving away some easy points. Nonetheless, whenever the going gets tough, she gets going.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    what on the planet... i went off to look for a new theme for BC, and then come back and the umpire already getting off the high chair!!
    Precisely, that frequently happens with LXR's matches - I would take a toilet break or walk away a while for a drink or attend to something, the moment I come back, the game(set) is over.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess, for Bae YJ, facing LXR or WSX is like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. Perhaps she'd rather face LXR who at least hasn't shut her out completely as WSX has been doing to her. No difference actually, just different kind of agony.

But, to be frank, I admire Bae YJ 's fighting spirit and determination, esp those times when I see how she ground her opponents down in grueling situations - in this aspect I think she is superior to her compatriot Sung JH who happens to be one of my non-CHN favourites.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think Bae Yeon Ju should work on her attack and speed. Her basic game is pretty consistent (unless she starts to struggle with a drift, she should learn to adapt better). But her attack is rather weak, she mostly reacts to what the opponent is doing and can't put the opponent under pressure.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    i think Bae Yeon Ju should work on her attack and speed. Her basic game is pretty consistent (unless she starts to struggle with a drift, she should learn to adapt better). But her attack is rather weak, she mostly reacts to what the opponent is doing and can't put the opponent under pressure.
    agree, she has the build to attack. but instead, she doesn't, but chooses to run. but she is not a very good runner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do i can find live streaming?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wh.zulkefly View Post
    We do i can find live streaming?
    http://www.hahabar.com/20131211/v--7....29774561.html

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching tago now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tago giving the first game away...I dislike that mentality of oh, okay, I'll give my all in the second and force a third...well, what if you can't?
    Last edited by mrinalini; 12-14-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Personally, just because YY/WXL were involved in the London Olympic fiasco which we are all too familiar with the ins and outs, which to me they are more like victims than perpetrators of a bad system, they are made to bear the brunt of it as if they were the only ones - and haven't they all, the 8 of them, paid a heavy price for it?

While I can understand and accept their being criticized for it , the fact that some people only pick on YY/WXL and no-one else (except the CHN) can only smack of moral hypocrisy , outright double-standards and unashamed meanness touted as justice. To me, it reveals more of the criticizers themselves than anything. Enough said.
    Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to agree with you. But BWF has stated before, a certain degree of discretion by the referee(s) is called for in tight calls. A shuttle is not like a ball, after all. That's the drawback until we have a technological breakthrough in future, I guess.
    I agree and let us give BWF some time to improve the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunate for JOJ to have to meet Lee CW in the semifinal in what should have been a final.
    True but I still think BWF should change the rules next year so we can see LCW vs LC which is real final we all want to watch.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ting_ht View Post
    True but I still think BWF should change the rules next year so we can see LCW vs LC which is real final we all want to watch.
    who?
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    agree, she has the build to attack. but instead, she doesn't, but chooses to run. but she is not a very good runner.
    You are right but I believe it is not easy to change your style mid-way through your career and be successful like LD.

Originally Posted by swunk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    who?
    lol
    Sorry, it should be CL = Chen Long.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast