User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Junk food = badminton food!!

I dunno why but for some reason nothing goes better with badminton than McDonalds. Well, it's prolly just me and that I'm really insane but I feel like I can play my best, if i eat some french fries and a really big cheeseburger thing before playing badminton. Junk food gives me the energy to play at my best. I really can't eat anything else before a hard intense game of badminton. Of course....I always eat a bannana every once in a while off the court.

( my bad............i think this should be moved to the chit chat forum)
    Last edited by odjn; 02-10-2004 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had McDonald's before badminton I'd be violently ill all over the court!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

lol i just stay clear of McDonalds bloody shite food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mmm

i used to take macs and those fast food rest alot.. now i cut down after a severe gastric pain and stomach problems.. so im gonna take a long time to recover now. guys pls take care of your health and dun ruin your health because of some oily snack or gassy drink. ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to eat 2 pieces of pizza before I play (at noon), but I don't do that anymore

Now I take a full meal before I go! Badminton makes me hungry all the time! (We have a food place inside the gym, which is a good thing. You see people buying sandwiches there all the time)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i barely eat mcdonalds as it is!!!! when i play after eating it, i usually play pretty poorly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had McDonalds for over a year...too far to get to McDonalds from where I live, and I don't eat fast food anymore.

Anyway, here's something interesting
    Super Size Me . It's about Morgan Spurlock eating McDonalds for a month and the impact on his health.

Probably a light snack would be good before playing, like a sandwich+soup+fruit. But usually I have dinner at 7pm and then play at 8:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you find that you play much better after McD, then it sounds like you are suffering from carb defecit. Try eating LOTS of carbs (rice, pasta, etc.) the night before a game and see how well you play the next day. By a lot, i mean around 2-300g of pasta (uncooked) or 3-4 cups of rice (uncooked). And drink lots of sports drink before and during the game. You should feel much better than after McD because all the oils and fats in their foods slow you down.

The rice/pasta method should replenish your body's glycogen stores without slowing it down before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You play better when you eat what your body is used to. If you eat fast food (which is crap to your body) all the time, when you eat healthy at a tournament you won't play well. You're better off still eating McDonald's at a tournament if you're used to it.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOpefully nobody thinks I'm a chubby person just cus I eat McDonalds. Really I'm only 125lbs! Usually what I order is a quarter pounder with cheese, Super sized fries, and a strawberry milkshake....*drewls*

Do you guys notice that there really isn't a small size for anything? It's either meduim, large, or Super Size. It's really smart advertising if you think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was small size...at least that's what I remember from the last time I was at McDonalds.

You might not get chubby, but it isn't healthy to have that regularly. Fries contain cholesterol, and the milk shake is pretty much sugar and fat. As for the burger...well you don't want to know which part of the cow the meat is coming from..

McDonald's does have healthier choices for more money. I think it is worth spending more for nutrituous food in the long run.

I agree with BRL, that rice and pasta will provide carbohydrates which should give more energy. But I don't see how anyone eat 3 to 4 cups(uncooked) of rice in one night. Personally I can only manage 1 cup, and I get really full already.

On a side note: pop machines are being replaced with juice machines in Canada. Finally people are promoting better health. But they have yet to ban fries, which has no nutritional value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Phil
    You play better when you eat what your body is used to. If you eat fast food (which is crap to your body) all the time, when you eat healthy at a tournament you won't play well. You're better off still eating McDonald's at a tournament if you're used to it.

Phil
    I can't imagine a player is sitting at the sideline eating Big Mac when playing in a Yonex Open Game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bluejeff
    I can't imagine a player is sitting at the sideline eating Big Mac when playing in a Yonex Open Game.
    You never know McD's have got the budget to make something like that happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bluejeff
    Well... chances are someone playing in a Yonex Open eats healthy.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TheGr8One
    I agree with BRL, that rice and pasta will provide carbohydrates which should give more energy. But I don't see how anyone eat 3 to 4 cups(uncooked) of rice in one night. Personally I can only manage 1 cup, and I get really full already.

On a side note: pop machines are being replaced with juice machines in Canada. Finally people are promoting better health. But they have yet to ban fries, which has no nutritional value.
    Start off 1 cup and slowly work your way up
    Or you can eat it raw as a snake. Rice in canada and US is clean up to do this wish if you rinse it a little.

As for fruit juice... it's mostly sugar water anyway (the processing of fruit to have a long shelf life removes most of the natural nutrients.) It's no different than the sodas except with less caffine and added artifical vitamins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Looks like the majority is saying:

JUNK FOOD = JUNK BADMINTON!!!

Thank goodness, I don't normally take junk food!