User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are epxecting a huge amount from your physique with the changes in racket.

What you are probably experiencing when you use your old rackets are an ease in which you can perform the shot because they are not as head heavy as Z Force. Z Slash is certainly lighter in the head.

To counter this may I suggest you undertake some of the armchair exercises on my website (see video section). These will help you build up additional strength and please make sure you use Z Force to do the exercises.

You will probably find a big difference when you have given the exercises a go over a few days.

Good luck

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Paul,

Have you tested Yonex Voltric i-Force yet? I believe it available on 5U weight only, which i wonder if i should be getting i-Force 5U or VT70 3U? My string tension is 28lbs, and more attacking-style player. VT80 3U is somehow a bit exhausting for my wrist (but with very nice power-smash) and looking to find some replacement for it. Or perhaps ARC-Z-Slash 3U?? I wish i could try them all out before decide which to purchase, which i don't think the seller would be happy to let me do so. Please advise. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    You are epxecting a huge amount from your physique with the changes in racket.

What you are probably experiencing when you use your old rackets are an ease in which you can perform the shot because they are not as head heavy as Z Force. Z Slash is certainly lighter in the head.

To counter this may I suggest you undertake some of the armchair exercises on my website (see video section). These will help you build up additional strength and please make sure you use Z Force to do the exercises.

You will probably find a big difference when you have given the exercises a go over a few days.

Good luck

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    Hey , did anyone else saw Carsten M. bend the Z force during the London Olympics (Denmark v Korea) ?
    its not that difficult to bend it if you have the right technique. there are players in my badminton group that do it pretty well, i was able to catch it on camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i recall correctly, z-force has a smaller sweet spot compared to other rackets. Adding in stiffness and head heavy-ness, as other fellow forumers have said, you will definitely need more time and effort to get used to it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigma314 View Post
    if i recall correctly, z-force has a smaller sweet spot compared to other rackets. Adding in stiffness and head heavy-ness, as other fellow forumers have said, you will definitely need more time and effort to get used to it.
    It's not that small I got used to it in a day, I don't have timing issues either. The racquet is rated extra stiff but the head heaviness makes it feel like stiff/ medium stiff. But yeah it does take time I guess for other people. I'm used to head heavy and stiff racquets maybe that's why.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2