Ankle injured

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by chuge, Dec 15, 2013.

1. chuge

chuge New Member

i injured my ankle during i'm having badminton competition few years ago. that time my trainer just gave me smt called Acti-tape.
    then last week when i go to have a check up via X-ray, i've diagnosed with OA due to the injury i've got b4. now my cartilage loss is faster than others who same age with me.
    damn sad u know, i love to play badminton so much! and now i couldn't play it anymore!! :(

2. misskey

misskey Regular Member

u can prevent Osteoarthritis by having stretching and muscle strengthening exercise ler cause cartilage loss will cause Osteoarthritis. a range of therapies will helps to relieve painful knee

3. hopang123

hopang123 New Member

student
    Osteoarthritis is mostly related to aging. With aging, the cartilage loss in joint and more at risk of getting osteoarthritis. However nowadays younger people also can be affected. I have sharp pain on my ankle too and I went to traditional Chinese massage but still can’t get rid the pain.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

4. nokogin

nokogin New Member

Aging and overweight is very common to cause the damage of cartilage in our joint, thus cause Osteoarthritis. I suggest you seek the advice from orthopedist. they are expect and may give you the best solution.

5. hansontan

hansontan New Member

I suffered from knee pain previously. And now i am totally recover after i took Live-well Ostesamin plus Chondroitin for 3 months. I can climb up and down stair without any pain now. Really feel good now. You can refer to this website to know more:http://www.livewell2u.com/products.php?p=ostesamin

6. hansontan

hansontan New Member

I suffered from knee pain previously. And now i am totally recover after i took Live-well Ostesamin plus Chondroitin for 3 months. I can climb up and down stair without any pain now. Really feel good now. You can refer to this website to know more at livewell2u.com/products.php?p=ostesamin

7. pikochew

pikochew New Member

Student
    It is the time for me to buy for my Parent, nowadays they also start to complaining about here pain there pain. how to bring them to holiday ooo.
    Oh ya! I saw it at Guardian le, Got Promotion also!

8. chengwai

chengwai New Member

sales
    hi guys, i would like to share my humble opinion in terms of injuries while playing badminton. injuries from playing badminton can come from many factors but i personally thinks that its from the floor that we are playing on. many players dont realise the importance of playing on a proper sports floor.

when we are young, are so used to play outside our house gate and wearing only slippers. later on we play on concrete/wooden floors, and today many of us are playing on 5mm rubber mats. because of we started to play on a wrong floor since at a young age, the injuries actually accumulate over the years and now we can feels the damages from playing on the wrong floor.

imagine the impact that will cause on our feet from a jumping smash, especially when we land on a 5mm thin rubber mat. i dont think the rubber mat is good enough to absorb the impact that is caused by the jump. and imagine further what is the result if we keep doing 10-20 jumping smash in a single game! i also realise that many courts in malaysia have an uneven floors, which will cause the players injuries too.

i started playing badminton since im 6yrs old with my dad's broken yonex carbonex 20. after suffered with slipped disc, minor knee, ankle injury and 25 years later..i still love badminton game :) but today i only play on proper sports flooring and i will not play on those 5-7mm rubber mats. i would say the result from playing on a proper sports flooring is actually positive. i dont feel the pain from my feet and my knee anymore like how i used to get from playing on those rubber mats.

get enough rest n let our body recover first before playing again. try to look for courts which have proper facility and not just any court that only have profit making in mind. trust me, a proper sports flooring actually makes a huge difference. hope this helps :)