User Tag List

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-88
    I lost my MP88 to a nasty clash twice!!! with a beginner... that was a bad mistake playing with my nice racket with him. He had some steel beast, and steped right next to me to steal my forehand clear on my side of the court.... grrr, looked down at it when i had time to look at it properly just to see that it had cracked along the grommits in the two oclock position

I was gutted as i had only had it for no more than 5 months....but hey i brought a MP99.... that racket was soooo much better for me so its all good in the end although the cost soon racks up.

Looking through these forums i see all the slain AT700's i have just got one and i hope mine doesnt suffer the same fate!

p.s. the MAX power 99 was great when i noticed it said that on the shaft lol
    Just wonderingm, what are standard court ethics as to compensation for breaking someone's racquet??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lost this in april...
    i've had for at least 5 yrs!! it's like a long lost friend that's left you behind =(
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in my case, i played two games where i had two clashes with two different beginners, it wasnt till after the second game that i noticed the fracture on the frame. Because of these two clashes i couldnt really assign who had done the damange to my racket, although one offered to pay. If it was obviously someones fault i would probably wish for a sorry at least and some compensation to sweeten the deal. Depends how much of one persons fault it is i suppose.

What have others done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Icey, you know about my mishaps! The "Dave" (there's a long story behind the reasons I put his name in quotes) person didn't offer anything, but I figured it was partly my fault since I got in his way. And I know him relatively well anyway so wasn't bothered.

One time though, I borrowed someone's racket (let's call him Mike) and during a game of singles it simply collapsed! I didn't hit the floor or clashed with another racket - it just broke! I offered him compensation but he didn't want one (at least he didn't say anything). A few months later, he wondered when I'd be getting him a new racket!!!

So I am none the wiser really!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought i woudl add my recently departed Ti-24 to the list here, pictures were taken after the strings were cut buy you can imagin how it looked with the head bent inwards and basically not looking like how a racquet should look.

Last edited by smash_master; 02-12-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A resting place for my Lovely At -900

I have a feeling that my AT 900 T is the first one to die....Farewell....It has only been one month...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get another one then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will soon do so just need so save up enough money for it..Ohh btw Ants thanks for the review that you have done on AT 900 T and P..

Great effort..thumbs up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totalled my NS8K :-( Was surprised how the frame when though purely from hitting the shuttle..oh well another 100 lost!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-88 View Post
    Totalled my NS8K :-( Was surprised how the frame when though purely from hitting the shuttle..oh well another 100 lost!

u must be a hard smasher. I suggest u bring this to yonex's attention as a warranty issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was during a smash hehehe :-D But there was a small chip off the paint there, how i did that im not sure as im very careful not to hit the groud with my rackets so i was thinking it was probably more substantial than i thought, though it survived restringing. Must have just hit it at the wrong angle or my bad luck, ive got a NS9K now :-D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-88 View Post
    It was during a smash hehehe :-D But there was a small chip off the paint there, how i did that im not sure as im very careful not to hit the groud with my rackets so i was thinking it was probably more substantial than i thought, though it survived restringing. Must have just hit it at the wrong angle or my bad luck, ive got a NS9K now :-D
    it could suffered a mild case of high noon disease and your smash contact do it in for good.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My TSF300A,broke during the 32 lbs stringing..=(.2 points break

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    My beloved At700. Just a while ago.
    Ouchhh..one legendary AT700 has fallen down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ns8000

My Loyal Soldier whom I never really appreciated, my Nanospeed 8000. I never liked the racket's performance in court, but I still think its one of the most beautiful Yonex rackets to date, and I was just getting used to it, hitting a lot more consistently with it....when all of a sudden:

OOOOH NOOOOo.....

Doubles clash between an Old Ti-10 and this one...the NS8k stood no chance. I don't think the Ti-10 even got a scratch, it was basically a rock to glass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    My broken Ns9000 just today. Smash and broke.. furthermore i just strung the racket yesterday 30lbs.
    Ants, u have panda power

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's none. You going into a doubles game with the understanding that you're entering into chaotic circumstance with likelihood of property damage and/or personal injury. Of course the better the understanding between you and your doubles partner, smaller the chaotic part will be. Looking at it this way, you're a lucky guy every time you escape injury and property damage after a doubles game.

Compensation depends on either parties, whether they're willing to compensate or not. If they're nice enough, they will offer or refused offer of compensation. It's a gentleman's sport, afterall. You can really tell what types of character you're associating with after these incidences.

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimX View Post
    Just wonderingm, what are standard court ethics as to compensation for breaking someone's racquet??
    Last edited by cappy75; 08-11-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast