User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 468
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Monterey Park, CA
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    carbonex 8. lost a battle against the wall
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Woodlands,Singapore
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Y go knoclk ur CAB 8 against wall???

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongyi_2000
    Y go knoclk ur CAB 8 against wall???
    Ouch, the cab8 really took a wacker at it. Judging by the whole thing, I supose someone had some fun and knocked it fast and hard on the wall. Ok maybe not have any fun at all but heck it was a swift impact I would presume.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    us
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how can you poeple who continuously break your MP99s and AT whatever afford another one?? It cost nearly 200.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy

    all this while i was wondering, how forummers on this board break racket on and off. it is quite strange to see someone break a racket in my circles of players. but today, i know why. it happened to my prince NXgraphite 85.

    we were sparring, warming up before a doubles match. half court sparring when we finally decided to start game, but my partner is still sparring, when the shuttle strayed into my half of the court near me. so i just took it with my low backhand, without even extending my arm (very near to me). when suddenly, **PLAK** my partner swung his racket (low end gosen, grapower something) into my racket when i have already well taken my shot. it was late. i already thought the shot was over when his racket came swinging into mine.

    then comes the horror. the frame broke! at 2 o'clock position. right on where it should have the triple braid thingy. i thought it should be strong at that position? i did not blame my partner as partly its my fault. we were sparring half court so its his ball. but we all realized its time to start the game already since i have clearly announced it a few shots previously. he should have just stop sparring and would have seen me hit the shuttle anyway and retracted. but well.....

    had to play with my newly acquired Ti-10 and spent the whole game (2 sets) nursing the racket. really afraid something happen to it. just leave all dubious shots. would rather loose the point than losing USD$102 racket. it's not an official competition anyway.

    no point arguing. the damage has already been done. tried to take pics with my palm zire72 but the quality sucks. will take a better picture and post here sometime. to add to the regret it has just been strung 2 weeks ago with BG-66 @24lbs and a 1 day old babolat overgrip.

    thanks for reading this till here.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    thx jug8man, with a title like muahahaha, no wonder i couldn't find it.

    Now the link has expired oh well
    I FOUND IT!

    http://www.bbesports.com/bbsxp/ShowPost.asp?id=997

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by napee
    all this while i was wondering, how forummers on this board break racket on and off. it is quite strange to see someone break a racket in my circles of players. but today, i know why. it happened to my prince NXgraphite 85.

    we were sparring, warming up before a doubles match. half court sparring when we finally decided to start game, but my partner is still sparring, when the shuttle strayed into my half of the court near me. so i just took it with my low backhand, without even extending my arm (very near to me). when suddenly, **PLAK** my partner swung his racket (low end gosen, grapower something) into my racket when i have already well taken my shot. it was late. i already thought the shot was over when his racket came swinging into mine.

    then comes the horror. the frame broke! at 2 o'clock position. right on where it should have the triple braid thingy. i thought it should be strong at that position? i did not blame my partner as partly its my fault. we were sparring half court so its his ball. but we all realized its time to start the game already since i have clearly announced it a few shots previously. he should have just stop sparring and would have seen me hit the shuttle anyway and retracted. but well.....

    had to play with my newly acquired Ti-10 and spent the whole game (2 sets) nursing the racket. really afraid something happen to it. just leave all dubious shots. would rather loose the point than losing USD$102 racket. it's not an official competition anyway.

    no point arguing. the damage has already been done. tried to take pics with my palm zire72 but the quality sucks. will take a better picture and post here sometime. to add to the regret it has just been strung 2 weeks ago with BG-66 @24lbs and a 1 day old babolat overgrip.

    thanks for reading this till here.
    the photos as promised. sorry a bit late.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Has anyone parted with their beloved racquets these past few months?

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heh! FEND, didn't know you like to look at 'cadavers'. Hurts like heck every time I see a broken racquet. Sympathy pains in the extreme, I tell ya!

    Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    Has anyone parted with their beloved racquets these past few months?

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Cappy75, Tell me about it, the pain. I just had my new AT800DE broken about 3 weeks ago. What a short life, about one month old, it is only a baby!

    The part that pissed me off is that a back hand swing from an INTERMEDIATE player was the result. Ever heard of forehand take, geez some people!

    I have to be more careful with whom I played with, and what racket to use in the future. Back to my old AT700 again.

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    Hey Cappy75, Tell me about it, the pain. I just had my new AT800DE broken about 3 weeks ago. What a short life, about one month old, it is only a baby!

    The part that pissed me off is that a back hand swing from an INTERMEDIATE player was the result. Ever heard of forehand take, geez some people!

    I have to be more careful with whom I played with, and what racket to use in the future. Back to my old AT700 again.
    I remember that day! It's like - "what were you doing the day Kennedy got shot" or "where were you when BTC2004's racquet was brutally butchered"!

    Hey Old Man... I thought you learned your lessons in the past not to play with such a precious racquet with a wild west cowboy!

    Yeh, then like i SHOULDN'T TALK! back in december, my assault was inflicted by my daughter's fiancee whom I was paired with in a friendly game. He is quite the big fellow, and also quite wild and unskilled, but his massive strength and size overcomes even lack of technique. I watched my new racquet (luckily a relatively cheap Taiwan made) get launched out from my hand as I was attempting a forehand drive, when he swung around a big looping backhand drive and connected with my racquet. I gathered up my racquet after it bounced off the net....

    there was no crack, but i keep hearing a cricking sound when i hit hard with it. So, that racquet is now in the spare parts bag...

    he has since been banished from the Badrad "circle of trust"...
    Last edited by badrad; 02-03-2005 at 09:32 PM.

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel ya, BTC buddy! Nowadays, I am really careful about who I partner with and which racquet I use for that 'special' occasion. BTW, have you inquired about getting another Ti-SP from one of the HK stores? Time to shop anyway, Christmas is just around the corner, or your birthday... which ever is closer to ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    Hey Cappy75, Tell me about it, the pain. I just had my new AT800DE broken about 3 weeks ago. What a short life, about one month old, it is only a baby!

    The part that pissed me off is that a back hand swing from an INTERMEDIATE player was the result. Ever heard of forehand take, geez some people!

    I have to be more careful with whom I played with, and what racket to use in the future. Back to my old AT700 again.

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    friend's mp99.
    minor clash!
    it was a pretty sad day. 3 racquets saw their strings broken as well!


    Last edited by chickenpoodle; 02-08-2005 at 11:16 PM.

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the paint imperfections around the grommet? Was it there before the clash?

    -dave
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    What's the paint imperfections around the grommet? Was it there before the clash?

    -dave
    i would think it happened after the clash. probably from the compression effects, of the top half of the frame trying to cave in.

    i cut the center 8 mains, to remove the four special grommets at the bottom, so i can stick them into my other racquets when i get the chance.
    and after that, i just propped the racquet up against my desk, and started to do my homework.
    throughout the evening, i could hear an occasional squeal here and there, from the strings and frame rubbing, as the frame began to tip-toe itself to a more "caved in" position.
    so i'm guessing the top layer is being ripped off near the grommet, as the strings are pulling the halves together.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chickenpoodle; 02-09-2005 at 09:08 PM.

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it was bound to happen and i guess tonight was the night. My AT700 is now hanging on my wall, reminding me everytime when i wake up that horrible night.


    was warming up before a game and the shuttle came between me and my partner, stupid me decided to swing for it when i really shouldn't have (it was at my backhand) so my AT700 clashed with my other AT700 that i lent to her (i'm soooo lucky i didn't break that one on contact too ) and it just snapped.

    it was strung at 23 main 25 cross (first time i ever strung it that high) so i dunno if that had anything to do with it. i even got red BG 65 Ti to match the racquet too



  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricearonie
    it was bound to happen and i guess tonight was the night. My AT700 is now hanging on my wall, reminding me everytime when i wake up that horrible night.
    remember to save those special grommets!!!!
    if you eventually DO decide to bin the AT700 for any reason, remember to remove those before you do so!

    broken racquets are saddening.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    : 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
  2. Fu Haifeng - Arms
    By tipper1 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 12
    : 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
  3. Badminton would help make Russians better soldiers
    By chris-ccc in forum General Forum
    Replies: 11
    : 12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    : 10-11-2010, 05:14 AM
  5. Resting Place For Our Soldiers At Arms (broken racket phots)
    By Break-My-String in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 9
    : 02-23-2004, 11:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •