User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carbonex 8. lost a battle against the wall
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y go knoclk ur CAB 8 against wall???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hongyi_2000
    Y go knoclk ur CAB 8 against wall???
    Ouch, the cab8 really took a wacker at it. Judging by the whole thing, I supose someone had some fun and knocked it fast and hard on the wall. Ok maybe not have any fun at all but heck it was a swift impact I would presume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can you poeple who continuously break your MP99s and AT whatever afford another one?? It cost nearly 200.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

all this while i was wondering, how forummers on this board break racket on and off. it is quite strange to see someone break a racket in my circles of players. but today, i know why. it happened to my prince NXgraphite 85.

we were sparring, warming up before a doubles match. half court sparring when we finally decided to start game, but my partner is still sparring, when the shuttle strayed into my half of the court near me. so i just took it with my low backhand, without even extending my arm (very near to me). when suddenly, **PLAK** my partner swung his racket (low end gosen, grapower something) into my racket when i have already well taken my shot. it was late. i already thought the shot was over when his racket came swinging into mine.

then comes the horror. the frame broke! at 2 o'clock position. right on where it should have the triple braid thingy. i thought it should be strong at that position? i did not blame my partner as partly its my fault. we were sparring half court so its his ball. but we all realized its time to start the game already since i have clearly announced it a few shots previously. he should have just stop sparring and would have seen me hit the shuttle anyway and retracted. but well.....

had to play with my newly acquired Ti-10 and spent the whole game (2 sets) nursing the racket. really afraid something happen to it. just leave all dubious shots. would rather loose the point than losing USD$102 racket. it's not an official competition anyway.

no point arguing. the damage has already been done. tried to take pics with my palm zire72 but the quality sucks. will take a better picture and post here sometime. to add to the regret it has just been strung 2 weeks ago with BG-66 @24lbs and a 1 day old babolat overgrip.

thanks for reading this till here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    thx jug8man, with a title like muahahaha, no wonder i couldn't find it.

Now the link has expired oh well
    I FOUND IT!

http://www.bbesports.com/bbsxp/ShowPost.asp?id=997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napee
    all this while i was wondering, how forummers on this board break racket on and off. it is quite strange to see someone break a racket in my circles of players. but today, i know why. it happened to my prince NXgraphite 85.

we were sparring, warming up before a doubles match. half court sparring when we finally decided to start game, but my partner is still sparring, when the shuttle strayed into my half of the court near me. so i just took it with my low backhand, without even extending my arm (very near to me). when suddenly, **PLAK** my partner swung his racket (low end gosen, grapower something) into my racket when i have already well taken my shot. it was late. i already thought the shot was over when his racket came swinging into mine.

then comes the horror. the frame broke! at 2 o'clock position. right on where it should have the triple braid thingy. i thought it should be strong at that position? i did not blame my partner as partly its my fault. we were sparring half court so its his ball. but we all realized its time to start the game already since i have clearly announced it a few shots previously. he should have just stop sparring and would have seen me hit the shuttle anyway and retracted. but well.....

had to play with my newly acquired Ti-10 and spent the whole game (2 sets) nursing the racket. really afraid something happen to it. just leave all dubious shots. would rather loose the point than losing USD$102 racket. it's not an official competition anyway.

no point arguing. the damage has already been done. tried to take pics with my palm zire72 but the quality sucks. will take a better picture and post here sometime. to add to the regret it has just been strung 2 weeks ago with BG-66 @24lbs and a 1 day old babolat overgrip.

thanks for reading this till here.
    the photos as promised. sorry a bit late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone parted with their beloved racquets these past few months?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! FEND, didn't know you like to look at 'cadavers'. Hurts like heck every time I see a broken racquet. Sympathy pains in the extreme, I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    Has anyone parted with their beloved racquets these past few months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Cappy75, Tell me about it, the pain. I just had my new AT800DE broken about 3 weeks ago. What a short life, about one month old, it is only a baby!

The part that pissed me off is that a back hand swing from an INTERMEDIATE player was the result. Ever heard of forehand take, geez some people!

I have to be more careful with whom I played with, and what racket to use in the future. Back to my old AT700 again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    Hey Cappy75, Tell me about it, the pain. I just had my new AT800DE broken about 3 weeks ago. What a short life, about one month old, it is only a baby!

The part that pissed me off is that a back hand swing from an INTERMEDIATE player was the result. Ever heard of forehand take, geez some people!

I have to be more careful with whom I played with, and what racket to use in the future. Back to my old AT700 again.
    I remember that day! It's like - "what were you doing the day Kennedy got shot" or "where were you when BTC2004's racquet was brutally butchered"!

Hey Old Man... I thought you learned your lessons in the past not to play with such a precious racquet with a wild west cowboy!

Yeh, then like i SHOULDN'T TALK! back in december, my assault was inflicted by my daughter's fiancee whom I was paired with in a friendly game. He is quite the big fellow, and also quite wild and unskilled, but his massive strength and size overcomes even lack of technique. I watched my new racquet (luckily a relatively cheap Taiwan made) get launched out from my hand as I was attempting a forehand drive, when he swung around a big looping backhand drive and connected with my racquet. I gathered up my racquet after it bounced off the net....

there was no crack, but i keep hearing a cricking sound when i hit hard with it. So, that racquet is now in the spare parts bag...

he has since been banished from the Badrad "circle of trust"...
    Last edited by badrad; 02-03-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel ya, BTC buddy! Nowadays, I am really careful about who I partner with and which racquet I use for that 'special' occasion. BTW, have you inquired about getting another Ti-SP from one of the HK stores? Time to shop anyway, Christmas is just around the corner, or your birthday... which ever is closer to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

friend's mp99.
    minor clash!
    it was a pretty sad day. 3 racquets saw their strings broken as well!

Last edited by chickenpoodle; 02-08-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the paint imperfections around the grommet? Was it there before the clash?

-dave

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    What's the paint imperfections around the grommet? Was it there before the clash?

-dave
    i would think it happened after the clash. probably from the compression effects, of the top half of the frame trying to cave in.

i cut the center 8 mains, to remove the four special grommets at the bottom, so i can stick them into my other racquets when i get the chance.
    and after that, i just propped the racquet up against my desk, and started to do my homework.
    throughout the evening, i could hear an occasional squeal here and there, from the strings and frame rubbing, as the frame began to tip-toe itself to a more "caved in" position.
    so i'm guessing the top layer is being ripped off near the grommet, as the strings are pulling the halves together.
    Last edited by chickenpoodle; 02-09-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was bound to happen and i guess tonight was the night. My AT700 is now hanging on my wall, reminding me everytime when i wake up that horrible night.

was warming up before a game and the shuttle came between me and my partner, stupid me decided to swing for it when i really shouldn't have (it was at my backhand) so my AT700 clashed with my other AT700 that i lent to her (i'm soooo lucky i didn't break that one on contact too ) and it just snapped.

it was strung at 23 main 25 cross (first time i ever strung it that high) so i dunno if that had anything to do with it. i even got red BG 65 Ti to match the racquet too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricearonie
    it was bound to happen and i guess tonight was the night. My AT700 is now hanging on my wall, reminding me everytime when i wake up that horrible night.
    remember to save those special grommets!!!!
    if you eventually DO decide to bin the AT700 for any reason, remember to remove those before you do so!

broken racquets are saddening.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast