User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, wood22chuck? When did this happen?

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chip came 3 weeks ago when I was executing a high backhand clear from right court, during warm-up.

For some unknown reason, this beginner took a full swing at the shuttle, COMPLETELY oblivious to me standing in front of her, and made contact with my racket.

Three weeks after and one restring later - Today at Collingwood, my racket felt spongy and "wrong." Took a look at the top profile and saw the first picture. Upon close examination, I saw the 2nd picture.

WHATTAYAMEAN "again"?!

*sigh*

-dave
    Last edited by wood_22_chuck; 03-01-2004 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of you guys prolly seen this already in some other thread.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy ****! Dave, that really bites! Sorry to hear about your loss, man. I had a near fright on friday night at UBC when a guy clashed with my new Carlton AS Ti... took quite a chunk of paint chip out of the top frame. Good thing it's still intact. Don't worry... your new CAB20 is on its way.

Originally posted by wood_22_chuck
    The chip came 3 weeks ago when I was executing a high backhand clear from right court, during warm-up.

For some unknown reason, this beginner took a full swing at the shuttle, COMPLETELY oblivious to me standing in front of her, and made contact with my racket.

Three weeks after and one restring later - Today at Collingwood, my racket felt spongy and "wrong." Took a look at the top profile and saw the first picture. Upon close examination, I saw the 2nd picture.

WHATTAYAMEAN "again"?!

*sigh*

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dave, what racket was the lady was using?

Sometime, stringer ignores the damage area and not adjusting tensioning pattern to reduce the stress or better yet reinforce the damaged zone but actually make the situation worse by pushing the inflicted zone to a catastrophic failure by using same old method. Like i said before, most commercial stringers are one dimensional, do main this way and then do cross that way and quite impervious to other senses like visual and audial inputs from the racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can blame the stringer on this one though, cooler. Assuming that wood22chuck's racquet already developed a hairline crack, a professional stringer would have refused to restring the racquet. If there was no visible damage other than the paint chip, then it would be natural for the stringer to assume that nothing is wrong with the frame, and thus go about stringing the racquet the usual way. So Dave here either couldn't get his racquet restrung, or he ends up with what he has now after the restringing job.

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with you rick, the safest way is not to string clearly a damaged racquet. What I said above assumed that the customer knew and wanted the damaged racket strung anyway. A big gash like that is hard to miss. In dave's case, he could have saved 20+ dollar. I said that because i too have a cab20 power that were subject to many crazy experimental patterned stringing. It never had a proper pattern from day one, it's all patched work. Well, i crack it at 10:30 oclock area when i smashed it on my knee from a follow through (bruise mark lasted 4-5 days). It still can take smashes tensioned at 22-23 lbs. I did the same on my iso900 SR, same places for racket and knee. Still plays as normal as before.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-01-2004 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I BLAME THE STRINGER!!!

No, not really. My stringer took 10 mins inspecting the gash and did not want to string it at my requested 23x25 (BG 80). He was very reluctant and finally decided against it, but if I insisted, that I should be fully aware of the risks, take responsibility for breakage - and just when I almost forgot about capitalism - that I had to pre-pay.

Best string-job in town (not cheap, babolat electronic-pull machine) at Rackets/Runners, Oak/22nd.

What racket was the lady using? Think it was the Demolisher Jawbreaker 5000 ... I DON'T KNOW! I was more interested if there was gray matter in her skull cavity, at that point, and how powerful of an electron microscope needed to actually see it. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Was too busy inspecting my Cab22, then shock and dismay to see the gash/chip, marvelling at the durability of my 3U which should've been caved-in at that point.

-dave
    Last edited by wood_22_chuck; 03-01-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My MP-88 passed away today from unknown circumstances. I just looked at it after a warmup rally and it was broken at the 1 o'clock position! Hadn't clashed with anything for at least 36 hours before it happened...

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Phil
    My MP-88 passed away today from unknown circumstances. I just looked at it after a warmup rally and it was broken at the 1 o'clock position! Hadn't clashed with anything for at least 36 hours before it happened...

Phil
    That sounds ok for warranty replacement you might want to try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bluejeff
    That sounds ok for warranty replacement you might want to try it.
    Yeah, it would normally, but I bought it off of someone, and its pretty much impossible to get all the warranty stuff in place.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when the Cab22 will be vanished from this planet? Since the production is not available, and people are breaking it.....and newbies use them to foo around and hit walls and ground (I have seen this over and over in my gym) sigh.....

Anyway, treat you rackets nicely!! I am planning on buying a small platic closet (the one you can put in your room), and make it to be the apartment of rackets Each rackets is going to have their private rooms !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Phil

Phil
    Did you strung your racket recently..? I had a fren who didnt realise his racket was damaged after stringing. When he got to the court.. he took out his racket and he was puzzled that how come it has broken?...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's so special about the cab 22?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ants
    Did you strung your racket recently..? I had a fren who didnt realise his racket was damaged after stringing. When he got to the court.. he took out his racket and he was puzzled that how come it has broken?...
    Most recent restringing was about a month ago.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SheldonZhang
    what's so special about the cab 22?
    It's the first racket in my color and look nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahah bluejeff ... now how bout a less subjective explanation

Sheldon, a search will yield accolades about this racket, along with caveats. But in the end, it's about the player, not the racket.

-dave

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast