User Tag List

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    I would keep them......rackets give me good memories.....
    Bluejeff, you are a true racquet lover...

Beside, me too I keep every racquet, even the broken ones from friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brave_Turtle
    Bluejeff, you are a true racquet lover...

Beside, me too I keep every racquet, even the broken ones from friends.
    Even it is a broken racquet, I still sometimes take it out of the storage bag and take a good look at it ....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kept the ones that could potentially be fixed in storage in hopes that they could be resurrected later on as lower-tensioned hand-me-downs or backups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aha! the only rackets i broken were 2x prince (Pro Steel (? )), which b4 had uneven head shapes, so when i banged them on the cement to reshape them... KWAK!!! dun worry, they had broken strings, and i didn't want to string 10$ rackets. they came with this volleyball set package from CAnadian Tires, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Within this past month, I've had two very close companions abruptly pass away in the line of duty. I lost both my Armortec 700 and Armortec 500 within 3 weeks of each other.

The AT700 snapped perfectly at the 12 o'clock mark during a poorly timed backhand clear. The shuttle hit directly on the frame and *SNAP* it went. I must have hit it quite hard because the shuttle still managed to reach the opposite end of the court.

The AT500 cracked completely around the frame, exactly at the 3/9 o'clock position. An overzealous partner swatted at one of my smash returns and clipped my racquet. He must have hit at the right angle because it didn't seem that hard of a clash. At least I still managed to return the shuttle for a point before he hit my racquet, and yes, he swung that late! I decided to put this racquet away for good by continuing to play with it. The very next rally, I smashed, won the point, and took the racquet completely out of comission.

I have yet to hear of, or seen someone break an Armortec racquet. And until now, the Armortec line seemed very durable. Ironic that they both go at once. Both racquets were less than a year old, and had sustained no major trauma beforehand. They didn't even have too many paint chips on them either. I'll try to get around to posting digital photos of my beloved friends sometime soon. I've decided this was the end of purchasing "expensive" racquets. I'm going to limit my budget per racquet to around $100CAD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~shudder..wat was the tension?(looks at my AT700s n shivers.. )

Quote Originally Posted by timeless
    Within this past month, I've had two very close companions abruptly pass away in the line of duty. I lost both my Armortec 700 and Armortec 500 within 3 weeks of each other.

The AT700 snapped perfectly at the 12 o'clock mark during a poorly timed backhand clear. The shuttle hit directly on the frame and *SNAP* it went. I must have hit it quite hard because the shuttle still managed to reach the opposite end of the court.

The AT500 cracked completely around the frame, exactly at the 3/9 o'clock position. An overzealous partner swatted at one of my smash returns and clipped my racquet. He must have hit at the right angle because it didn't seem that hard of a clash. At least I still managed to return the shuttle for a point before he hit my racquet, and yes, he swung that late! I decided to put this racquet away for good by continuing to play with it. The very next rally, I smashed, won the point, and took the racquet completely out of comission.

I have yet to hear of, or seen someone break an Armortec racquet. And until now, the Armortec line seemed very durable. Ironic that they both go at once. Both racquets were less than a year old, and had sustained no major trauma beforehand. They didn't even have too many paint chips on them either. I'll try to get around to posting digital photos of my beloved friends sometime soon. I've decided this was the end of purchasing "expensive" racquets. I'm going to limit my budget per racquet to around $100CAD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least I still managed to return the shuttle for a point before he hit my racquet, and yes, he swung that late! I decided to put this racquet away for good by continuing to play with it. The very next rally, I smashed, won the point, and took the racquet completely out of comission.
    Feel sorry for you, buddy.

However, I am very much amazed about your rally winning strokes, even with a broken racket. Is that you new developed "unique storkes"??? But kinda costly... j/k...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke my Iso 60 light clashing wif this noob using a b-450same situation as someone here...was trying a back hand when this guys racket appear in front of me...and den hard clash den broke at the 2 o'clock position...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

may i ask y'all a question? so far, i'm pretty lucky as i have never broke any of my racquets before...

but may i know those who clashed with others' racquets, do the opponent's racquet break too? or it remained intact... if it remains intact, then what are the possible reasons as to why the unlucky fellow got his own broken?

different material and structure? magnitude of the clash? position of the clash? luck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Material for mine...im using a graphite racket while he is using a steel head wad do u think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hongyi_2000
    Material for mine...im using a graphite racket while he is using a steel head wad do u think?
    lolx.... that's a very substantial explanation...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcstay
    may i ask y'all a question? so far, i'm pretty lucky as i have never broke any of my racquets before...

but may i know those who clashed with others' racquets, do the opponent's racquet break too? or it remained intact... if it remains intact, then what are the possible reasons as to why the unlucky fellow got his own broken?

different material and structure? magnitude of the clash? position of the clash? luck?

There's no sure answer according to my own experience and observation around. Sometimes both rackets are done, sometimes the one being hit, sometimes the one doing the fault hit...

Therefore, i will say, all the reasons u listed above are possible, and more likely to be the "combo" of all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gosh.. i thought the AT's are supposed to have a stronger frame and more durable...........
    ur backhand must be pretty darn strong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one time.. me and this guy were put in the same court.. (it was recreational badminton).. however this guy is prolly intermediate level.... anyway.. we clashed racket.. it was obviously his fault.. (his half body was all the way in my court, i was forehand, he was backhand) but he didnt apologize or anything.. but gave me a cold stare instead..... luckily my racket didnt break..

sigh.. some people need to have some court manners.... next time.. i will be using a picnic racket when i get put in same court as him again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i recall someone posted some pics of his cut up mp77 and then burn off the plastic matrix revealing the carbon fibers. I can't seem to find that thread. Can someone find the link and put it here as well. Thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    i recall someone posted some pics of his cut up mp77 and then burn off the plastic matrix revealing the carbon fibers. I can't seem to find that thread. Can someone find the link and put it here as well. Thx
    here you go buddy, enjoy

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...921#post165921

jug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    thx jug8man, with a title like muahahaha, no wonder i couldn't find it.

Now the link has expired oh well
    Last edited by cooler; 12-19-2004 at 11:03 PM.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast