Playing badminton in a squash court

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by catman, Dec 17, 2013.

1. catman

catman Regular Member

The length of a squash court is 32 ft. My question is if you slow a shuttle down enough - would someone be able to practice badminton shots in a squash court?

I have a friend who has a squash court in his building and he wants to start playing badminton, thought he might be able to practice in the squash court.

2. SmashAndDash

SmashAndDash Regular Member

You could maybe practice clearing, but I don't see how this could help you improve your clear because the length of a badminton court is 44ft.

You won't develop proper court sense (is the bird landing in or out?) and if there's no net you won't be able to tell how high to aim for any downward or flat shot.

3. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

i only have a soccer field, but want to learn basketball. is it possible to use the goals as baskets and learn to play there?

4. catman

catman Regular Member

He has a net he can tape to the wall. I was wondering, if a normal shuttle is slowed down - so that it lands at 32 ft. Would this be comparable to hitting the normal shuttle on a normal badminton court?

I_Footwork - yes it's ridiculous to practice basketball on soccer field....you should be practicing soccer on the basketball field!

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no way. a squash court is tiny. even though it is 32 feet, you have no extra space for racket swing etc, what you ended up is you only have around 25 feet if you take that into account. enough to fool around but not for anything serious.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Good for footwork routines and teaching technique shots to the children.

Squash courts are cheaper than badminton courts here in HK and are way more accesible than badminton

7. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Air is terrible in the box