Zymax 65 Vs Yonex BG66 Maxima

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by LoneRanger, Dec 18, 2013.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    I'm looking for a new string and have narrowed down my list of strings to these 2. So, how do these strings compare in terms of power and repulsion?

2. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    i have tried both the strings. zymax 65 is more durable or at least it really took a while for the string to break... more than 5 mths for me. The string doesnt break but it seems tat the repulsion dropped quite a bit. for maxima.. typically about 2 to 3 months at max before it break, but i prefer the feel of maxima.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    on top of that, zymax 65 is much cheaper than bg66 maxima. a much better value.

4. LoneRanger

Student
    I've decided to get Zymax 62 because I want maximum repulsion and I don't care at all about durability.

5. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

on which racquet? maximum repulsion from zm62?...hmm..................................

6. LoneRanger

Student
    Umm..... Karakal BN60. Go google it. Its like a ArcSaber FB but 14 grams lighter. Weight balance is the same as Victor Light Fighter 7300 as it has a little more weight in the head. Imma net player and it suits me and thats why I want repulsion. I've actually decided to get Z62 already.

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Is this from personal experience? Having owned a MTEC 70, Karakal tend market their racket weights in a different way. According to directbadminton, they are both roughly the same weight.

8. LoneRanger

Student
    Well, firstly the BN60 is 14 grams lighter than the FB. When you pick it up you do feel the difference. In your game the weight of the racket may not seem to improce your game by a margin but every little counts and when its comes the that moment when you are forced to the last second to react, it does help a lot. And in the balance category, the BN60 is meant to be a 'Light (Slightly Head Heavy) framw while the FB is meant to be a 'Light (Balanced) frame'. It makes a the difference. Since the FB is made from heavier materials, its head weighs about the same as the headlight BN60. The weight difference is all in the handle. Both these rackets have a different feel but not by much. Personally, I find the BN60 to be a 'Lighter', 'Cheaper', 'More Power' & 'More Sturdy' than the FB though its meant for a difference type of play though not by much.

BN60:
    60 Grams
    28Lbs Tension
    SGD$105

FB:
    74 Grams
    24 Lbs Tension
    SGD$240+

Though I gotta end my speech with this... 'Its Always Personal Preference And No 1 Racket Matches Everyone'. You may find the BN60 compared to other rackets in a different way and thats what you should follow as it 'Your Personal Preference'. Btw, why haven't you switch to BN60??? Does it hirt yoir shoulders?

9. LoneRanger

Student
  10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    be aware that Karakal cheats on their number. the 60g rating is without the handle, which can add 10+g to the total weight.

besides, 70g rackets are pointless anyway. it will be way too light to play with.

11. LoneRanger

Student
    For baseline players, I sort a agree. But in terms of net play its good. As long as you have the correct string and all. But the player has to be tactital unless you wanna keep swinging instead of just directing the shuttle.

12. LoneRanger

Student
    But it matches my style of play. But BN60's handle is really thin and doesn't weigh much. I added my Grip and String and it weighed about 7.214 Grams more only.