User Tag List

Page 12 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood47
    Check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...100686470&rd=1

i have never seen a cover like that
    from the look of the cone and the shape of the logo on the plastic bag, I am thinking it "might" be a fake (High quality of fake, like what we talked before).

If pics are closer, then I might be able to tell better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those serials looks like they have been printed on instead of laser etched on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vienly
    those serials looks like they have been printed on instead of laser etched on?
    Yes, they look like printed and the serial of 240377CH doesn't make sense at all since we are not in 2007 yet. Others don't make sense ,too.

Plus their PBSI logo and the weight sticker are all wrong. Wrong size and wrong color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check this out.

Apparently those covers come with the sp version of at800 (not sure about this though). Buyer noted that handle is still plastic wrapped....picture has not plastic wrapping.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last one shows like a AT800. However, the serial # is 050634SP. Wondering when Yonex starts to manufacture AT800. I don't think it's as early as in June 2003. If I am right, then, it's definitely a fake right there.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    The last one shows like a AT800. However, the serial # is 050634SP. Wondering when Yonex starts to manufacture AT800. I don't think it's as early as in June 2003. If I am right, then, it's definitely a fake right there.
    agree. the fake makers have caught up with the significance of the serial number, however, we are still one step ahead of them by knowing the specifics of a racket. the grip size / weight sticker is enough of a giveaway that this is a fake racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    agree. the fake makers have caught up with the significance of the serial number, however, we are still one step ahead of them by knowing the specifics of a racket. the grip size / weight sticker is enough of a giveaway that this is a fake racket.
    Originally, I wanted to buy some racquets in China and sell them on ebay. With the MULTITUDE of fake ebayers dragging down the prices significantly, I stand to LOOSE money, instead of make money. I'm dropping that idea.

By the way, I sold the Team China track suit on ebay for $125 USD. I got one bidder!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reaper
    Originally, I wanted to buy some racquets in China and sell them on ebay. With the MULTITUDE of fake ebayers dragging down the prices significantly, I stand to LOOSE money, instead of make money. I'm dropping that idea.
    Maybe you can consider sell them in local club(s)? Or, if you have fairly rare stocks (i.e. Slim10, ISO900, etc), I am sure you still can find enough buyers on ebay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the fake makers have caught up with the significance of the serial number
    The fake sellers are targeting at the buyers either don't know too much about equipment, or the ones willing to spend less $ to buy the "name" (i.e. Yonex top of the line). But have to agree that with the serial # add on, more buyers will easily fell into their traps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is another fake MP100:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7102012963

Reasons: Same as above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy More than likely a fake

Check this out.

Hi

I'm new here so please go gentle on me!

I bought the above raquet a few days ago and was kindly alerted by the above user (sadly when I had already paid ) that it just might be a fake. It's waiting for me at the post office and I'll pick it up tomorrow but having read the whole of this thread with interest and dread, it certainly looks like I'm going to be unlucky.

I like a good game of badminton and consider myself to be pretty good (although I'm sure you're ALL much better!) but I'm no expert on racquets. I simply searched the internet looking for reviews and discovered that the Yonex Armortec 800 is a pretty excellent racquet so I looked on Ebay to see if I could find one cheaper than the cheapest online source. It certainly did not occur to me that people out there were selling fakes! I suppose it should have done as I'm an experienced Ebay seller and I should have known better.

This seller is quite new to Ebay and has 9 positive feedbacks to date, mostly for badminton racquets. However, when I contacted one of the other buyers, he said that he was not an expert either. He couldn't tell that it was fake but didn't really know what to look for. Much the same as myself. This sellers of fakes are preying on people like me and this other buyer!

When I get the racquet tomorrow I'll let you know what my first impressions are, but I'm not too positive about it, in view of what has been said here. I'll also be taking it to a local racquet shop to ask their opinion.

Don't know what I should do if it turns out it is fake. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Lisa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you get the racquet, please post the serial number on it here. We now know what the meaning of the numbers are and that is a good way of beginning the evaluation as to the racquet's "fakeness". A quick search here on serial numbers will enlighten you on that long and thorough discussion.

See if you can feel indentations as you scratch the serial numbers. The real racquet should feel uneven to the touch, while the fake racquet serials are usually painted on, giving a smooth feeling where the numbers are.

I dread the day when the fakes have laser etched serial numbers

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyleese
    Hi

I'm new here so please go gentle on me!

I bought the above raquet a few days ago and was kindly alerted by the above user (sadly when I had already paid ) that it just might be a fake. It's waiting for me at the post office and I'll pick it up tomorrow but having read the whole of this thread with interest and dread, it certainly looks like I'm going to be unlucky.

I like a good game of badminton and consider myself to be pretty good (although I'm sure you're ALL much better!) but I'm no expert on racquets. I simply searched the internet looking for reviews and discovered that the Yonex Armortec 800 is a pretty excellent racquet so I looked on Ebay to see if I could find one cheaper than the cheapest online source. It certainly did not occur to me that people out there were selling fakes! I suppose it should have done as I'm an experienced Ebay seller and I should have known better.

This seller is quite new to Ebay and has 9 positive feedbacks to date, mostly for badminton racquets. However, when I contacted one of the other buyers, he said that he was not an expert either. He couldn't tell that it was fake but didn't really know what to look for. Much the same as myself. This sellers of fakes are preying on people like me and this other buyer!

When I get the racquet tomorrow I'll let you know what my first impressions are, but I'm not too positive about it, in view of what has been said here. I'll also be taking it to a local racquet shop to ask their opinion.

Don't know what I should do if it turns out it is fake. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Lisa
    Lisa,

i am not too convinced that the racket you bought is inded a fake. the pictures isn't very clear for one, and there are racket bags like that.

but please post detail picture of it when you get the racket, we will be able to identify whether it is a fake or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa,

i am not too convinced that the racket you bought is inded a fake. the pictures isn't very clear for one, and there are racket bags like that.

but please post detail picture of it when you get the racket, we will be able to identify whether it is a fake or not.
    I've done some detective work on this one.. Check out the serial number of both of these Armortecs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...101387876&rd=1

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=18050

Clearly two separates rackets, yet identical serial numbers, and the same looking racket cover design..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correction to my above post..
    the serial numbers are not entirely identical..

4828421 - 220342SP

4828424 - 220342SP

Just a one-digit difference.. which means they're probably from the same batch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to say that it look like the fake shown here:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...light=800+fake

Based on the SP lettering on the base of shaft, which you can see on the Ebay auction picture. The distance from the beginning of the cone to the P in the SP is only about 3mm in distance (indicated by red line in my SP AT800DF), however, in the fake in the previous fake AT800 post and in Lisa's AT800 from Ebay, looks about 15mm in distance.

Lisa,

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 12 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 112 ... LastLast