User Tag List

Page 13 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 63 113 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Liza,

From the link, here is the picture in the auction you won.

Please take a picture of the red circle when you get the racquet on your hands so we can look better.

But for now, as what I am looking on the picture, there is no CSC fatty cap on the cone, and that's one of the points that I would say this racquet is not genuine.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyleese
    Hi

I'm new here so please go gentle on me!

I bought the above raquet a few days ago and was kindly alerted by the above user (sadly when I had already paid ) that it just might be a fake. It's waiting for me at the post office and I'll pick it up tomorrow but having read the whole of this thread with interest and dread, it certainly looks like I'm going to be unlucky.

I like a good game of badminton and consider myself to be pretty good (although I'm sure you're ALL much better!) but I'm no expert on racquets. I simply searched the internet looking for reviews and discovered that the Yonex Armortec 800 is a pretty excellent racquet so I looked on Ebay to see if I could find one cheaper than the cheapest online source. It certainly did not occur to me that people out there were selling fakes! I suppose it should have done as I'm an experienced Ebay seller and I should have known better.

This seller is quite new to Ebay and has 9 positive feedbacks to date, mostly for badminton racquets. However, when I contacted one of the other buyers, he said that he was not an expert either. He couldn't tell that it was fake but didn't really know what to look for. Much the same as myself. This sellers of fakes are preying on people like me and this other buyer!

When I get the racquet tomorrow I'll let you know what my first impressions are, but I'm not too positive about it, in view of what has been said here. I'll also be taking it to a local racquet shop to ask their opinion.

Don't know what I should do if it turns out it is fake. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Lisa
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa,

Not sure if my following idea is useable or not:

1. Ask post office employee standing by when u receive the package.

2. Open the package right in front of him/her.

3. Let him/her take CLEAR pictures of the racket, especially the shaft, the handle, the serial #, and the cone (as bluejeff circled). The above area should be cleared showed in the pic such as characters, serial #, etc.

4. Kindly ask him or her to give you written proof as you received this particular racket from the particular seller.(including pictures)

5. If the racket turns out to be a fake, report to Yonex and Ebay with ur written proof from post office. And see if there's anything they can do to reduce ur lost to a minimum.

6. Pray...

Best of luck.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 09-15-2004 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I'm new here so please go gentle on me!

I bought the above raquet a few days ago and was kindly alerted by the above user (sadly when I had already paid ) that it just might be a fake. It's waiting for me at the post office and I'll pick it up tomorrow but having read the whole of this thread with interest and dread, it certainly looks like I'm going to be unlucky.

I like a good game of badminton and consider myself to be pretty good (although I'm sure you're ALL much better!) but I'm no expert on racquets. I simply searched the internet looking for reviews and discovered that the Yonex Armortec 800 is a pretty excellent racquet so I looked on Ebay to see if I could find one cheaper than the cheapest online source. It certainly did not occur to me that people out there were selling fakes! I suppose it should have done as I'm an experienced Ebay seller and I should have known better.

This seller is quite new to Ebay and has 9 positive feedbacks to date, mostly for badminton racquets. However, when I contacted one of the other buyers, he said that he was not an expert either. He couldn't tell that it was fake but didn't really know what to look for. Much the same as myself. This sellers of fakes are preying on people like me and this other buyer!

When I get the racquet tomorrow I'll let you know what my first impressions are, but I'm not too positive about it, in view of what has been said here. I'll also be taking it to a local racquet shop to ask their opinion.

Don't know what I should do if it turns out it is fake. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Lisa
    Lisa,

I am also selling Yonex rackets on Ebay hence i am ALWAYS keeping a watch over fake sellers so that racket sellers do not have a bad reputation. First of all, we do not know if its a fake due to picture quality. I suggest you get the contact information and give the seller a call to express your concern. Let him know about this forum as well. I think you will know by talking to the seller. IF its a fake, make sure you get the full refund from the seller. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looks fake to me

Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    When you get the racquet, please post the serial number on it here. We now know what the meaning of the numbers are and that is a good way of beginning the evaluation as to the racquet's "fakeness". A quick search here on serial numbers will enlighten you on that long and thorough discussion.

See if you can feel indentations as you scratch the serial numbers. The real racquet should feel uneven to the touch, while the fake racquet serials are usually painted on, giving a smooth feeling where the numbers are.

I dread the day when the fakes have laser etched serial numbers
    Hello again

I've just picked up the racket from the post office and it really doesn't look good. Although it's certainly a good fake and may even be quite a good racquet, I'm quite certain it is NOT a Yonex Armortec 800

I will take some pictures and post them here (if I can work out how) but from what you are saying, the serial number doesn't make sense, and seems to suggest it was manufactured in the year 2007, although it is etched on rather than painted on.

Also, the distance from the SP is a lot more than 3mm as suggested before.

The detail on the bag is sort of stuck on rather than stitched.

Also, heavy is spelt with a 'U' instead of a 'V' and some of the other lettering is not quite there. I'm sure such an expensive racquet would not have bits of lettering missing.

Finally, the Yonex symbol on the strings looks like it was done with a pot of nail varnish!

Anyway, I'm about to email the seller and tell her how disappointed I am that the racquet is a fake and tell her to return my money, including postage or I will have no option but to report her both to ebay and Yonex. She can only have the racquet back if she gives me back my money.

I'm gutted.

Lisa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello again

I've just picked up the racket from the post office and it really doesn't look good. Although it's certainly a good fake and may even be quite a good racquet, I'm quite certain it is NOT a Yonex Armortec 800

I will take some pictures and post them here (if I can work out how) but from what you are saying, the serial number doesn't make sense, and seems to suggest it was manufactured in the year 2007, although it is etched on rather than painted on.

Also, the distance from the SP is a lot more than 3mm as suggested before.

The detail on the bag is sort of stuck on rather than stitched.

Also, heavy is spelt with a 'U' instead of a 'V' and some of the other lettering is not quite there. I'm sure such an expensive racquet would not have bits of lettering missing.

Finally, the Yonex symbol on the strings looks like it was done with a pot of nail varnish!

Anyway, I'm about to email the seller and tell her how disappointed I am that the racquet is a fake and tell her to return my money, including postage or I will have no option but to report her both to ebay and Yonex. She can only have the racquet back if she gives me back my money.

I'm gutted.

Lisa
    ebay is filled with tons of fake things for all kinds of things .... fake autographs, fake racquet, a Joe Dimaggio autograph going for less than $50 USD?? Sotheby's sold his autograph for $1000 USD!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eBay is a place with great selections of things, including some rare stuff.
    However, you need to be aware of the fakes and be extra careful in deals.

That's why I started this thread.....too many fakes have wasted too many people's money.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

there has been some good badminton racket sellers on ebay before, but most of them have disappeared.

nowadays, there are only a couple of regular ones, and the others are usually one time sellers or fake sellers. i say around... 1/3 of the high end Yonex rackets sold there are fakes.

this is quite scary a situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    there has been some good badminton racket sellers on ebay before, but most of them have disappeared.

nowadays, there are only a couple of regular ones, and the others are usually one time sellers or fake sellers. i say around... 1/3 of the high end Yonex rackets sold there are fakes.

this is quite scary a situation.
    Because fakes have distroyed the market on eBay; their prices are too low and there is no room for genuine rackets to be sold on eBay.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah. it is sad as the penetration of the fakes has destroy a good outlet of badminton rackets.

i did pondor about setting a badminton auction site. but the more i think about it, the more i think it is way more trouble than it is worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Because fakes have distroyed the market on eBay; their prices are too low and there is no room for genuine rackets to be sold on eBay.
    AMEN to that .... I wanted to go into that market, but I'd make much more selling hockey cards and autographs, so I'll get into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Seller's response

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood47
    Lisa,

I am also selling Yonex rackets on Ebay hence i am ALWAYS keeping a watch over fake sellers so that racket sellers do not have a bad reputation. First of all, we do not know if its a fake due to picture quality. I suggest you get the contact information and give the seller a call to express your concern. Let him know about this forum as well. I think you will know by talking to the seller. IF its a fake, make sure you get the full refund from the seller. Good Luck!
    Hi again

This is the email I sent to the seller re my fake Armortec 800:

Hi

Yes thank you, I have received the racquet but I am extremely disappointed
    and angry to see that the racquet is not a genuine Yonex Armortec 800 and is
    in fact a fake.

Please return my money, including postage and I will return the racquet to
    you in the same condition as received. Once this has happened, the matter
    will be closed and I will not need to leave bad feedback.

If you feel unable to do this, I will have no option but to report you to
    both Ebay and Yonex. I will also leave negative feedback to alert other
    buyers.

I hope we can settle this in a friendly way.

She has replied with the following:

Dear Lisa,
    Huge shock!
    Very sorry to hear that and very sorry to any inconvenience. Be
    honnest, all my rackets from a sports good shop in Singapore. The shop has a
    excellent public praise in local.
    How do you know the racket is a fake one? Don't be misunderstand, but u
    know, I'm not professional badminton player, even don't know discriminating
    the authenticity, just for business, and just start business on ebay. If
    it's truth, I'm also a victim. Still have 8 rackets there. But this is
    one-off business between my supplier and me, no refund for me....
    Anyway, I could refund all you money at first, but could u help me to
    know the truth? I'm very hurry.
    Hope your reply!
    Very very sorry about this transcation.

So there we are. I have now pointed her in the direction of this forum and she may be taking a look.

I'll keep you posted.

Lisa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again

This is the email I sent to the seller re my fake Armortec 800:

Hi

Yes thank you, I have received the racquet but I am extremely disappointed
    and angry to see that the racquet is not a genuine Yonex Armortec 800 and is
    in fact a fake.

Please return my money, including postage and I will return the racquet to
    you in the same condition as received. Once this has happened, the matter
    will be closed and I will not need to leave bad feedback.

If you feel unable to do this, I will have no option but to report you to
    both Ebay and Yonex. I will also leave negative feedback to alert other
    buyers.

I hope we can settle this in a friendly way.

She has replied with the following:

Dear Lisa,
    Huge shock!
    Very sorry to hear that and very sorry to any inconvenience. Be
    honnest, all my rackets from a sports good shop in Singapore. The shop has a
    excellent public praise in local.
    How do you know the racket is a fake one? Don't be misunderstand, but u
    know, I'm not professional badminton player, even don't know discriminating
    the authenticity, just for business, and just start business on ebay. If
    it's truth, I'm also a victim. Still have 8 rackets there. But this is
    one-off business between my supplier and me, no refund for me....
    Anyway, I could refund all you money at first, but could u help me to
    know the truth? I'm very hurry.
    Hope your reply!
    Very very sorry about this transcation.

So there we are. I have now pointed her in the direction of this forum and she may be taking a look.

I'll keep you posted.

Lisa

Lisa,

I should know most of the supplier in Singapore. In fact i will be returning to singapore (home) next sunday. Let me know which shop it is from. I will make sure i report it to the police.

Regards,

Robin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa,

I should know most of the supplier in Singapore. In fact i will be returning to singapore (home) next sunday. Let me know which shop it is from. I will make sure i report it to the police.

Regards,

Robin
    It won't prove anything. These deals are done under the table by cash or under different business entity. It's hard to implicate them directly. I think 1/2 the ebay sellers were duped too. Sellers are into profit margin, be it widgets or badminton rackets, they know ***** about a real Armortec 800 play or feel like other than translating (or cut & paste) marketing contents from yonex website.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    LOL microscoping pictures in ebay does nothing LOL
    LOL talking to sellers before hand mean nothing LOL
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can post anything i want
    I can say anything i want
    in ebay
    Last edited by cooler; 09-16-2004 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa,

Regards,

Robin
    Robin:
    That would be nice
    We have to kick those fakes rear hard if possible!

Lisa:
    Please make sure to keep us updated!! Good Luck!!

To Rest of people:
    Many people step into the business of badminton just because they are told they could make 5X money if they sell racquets. Fake racquets distributors sell those racquets to them at the price $20 each, and told them that if they sell those racquets on the internet, they could sell them at $100 each. This kind of information misleads many people and that's one of the reasons that fakes are everywhere on the internet.
    Come on, people, wake up!! Making 5X money without much of effort?? It's just something will not happen in reality. So, if people come to you can want you to sell those fake racquets, please do not follow because you could make a meal ticket at the jail instead of bucket of cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...102012963&rd=1

This eBayer, matthewboonstra, knows his racquets are fakes, but he insists to sell them. Please be aware of this seller, and not to buy from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One quick look at the serial number picture on the page below and we can conclusively say it's a fake. The font is even wrong, and the numbers are a thick white instead of the faint laser etching.

FAKE!!!!! Buyer beware. FAKE!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...102012963&rd=1

This eBayer, matthewboonstra, knows his racquets are fakes, but he insists to sell them. Please be aware of this seller, and not to buy from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robin:
    That would be nice
    We have to kick those fakes rear hard if possible!

Lisa:
    Please make sure to keep us updated!! Good Luck!!

To Rest of people:
    Many people step into the business of badminton just because they are told they could make 5X money if they sell racquets. Fake racquets distributors sell those racquets to them at the price $20 each, and told them that if they sell those racquets on the internet, they could sell them at $100 each. This kind of information misleads many people and that's one of the reasons that fakes are everywhere on the internet.
    Come on, people, wake up!! Making 5X money without much of effort?? It's just something will not happen in reality. So, if people come to you can want you to sell those fake racquets, please do not follow because you could make a meal ticket at the jail instead of bucket of cash.
    Nod, innocent or not, sellers are part of the whole scam and can be arrested as criminals too.

Page 13 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 63 113 ... LastLast