User Tag List

Page 30 of 229 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 130 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Fake Seller List

Version: 11-28-04

Please check this list before you buy online.
    Hello,

First of all, thanks everybody for contributing helpful info on this forum. Has helped me a lot and this list is brilant!

I just received a racquet bought on ebay from a seller of genuine stuff according to you guys, but strangely enough there is a "sunrise genuine" sticker on the bottom green cap over the yonex logo. Has anyone seen this before? Is this normal for a "sp" version or something?

Also the mp88 came in a titanium cover, he said that he can't control what kind of covers the distributor sends him. Well, I kind of don't buy that.

If anyone can enlighten me about the buttcap-thing, thanks. And do you believe that cover-thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please post some pictures.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm kind of trying to figure out how. The insert image asks for url, have pics on harddisk. I know I'm green..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the step-by-step:

1. Hit the "Reply" button.
    2. Type something in the text box, then
    3. Go to the "Additional Options" box.
    4. Hit the "Manage Attachments" button.
    5. Click "Browse", select your file(s).
    6. Click "Upload Files"
    7. Click "Close Window"

Then, "Submit Reply".

Hope that explains it.

Oh, welcome to BadmintonForum, by the way.

-dave

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding to the pics, better including:

1. Serial #s: both the shaft and cone

2. Butt cap

3. MP gromments, i.e. close to the throat

4. Shaft where clearly showing the letters

5. Cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow ripoff!

one question ppl, if its really hard to tell from a fake or real racket even on the

performance , then isnt it the same having a fake or real racket ? n the good fakes 1 r way cheaper.....???

yonex is a big rip off!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put the racket in a display case, and that's the only thing you do with it, then sure.

Anyway, the issue here is deception. Passing off a fake as a real racket, and getting real Yonex prices on fake rackets.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B166-ER
    one question ppl, if its really hard to tell from a fake or real racket even on the

performance , then isnt it the same having a fake or real racket ? n the good fakes 1 r way cheaper.....???

Cheaper? Try telling that to the Ebay buyers who are paying the price of a genuine racket only to receive a fake. Would they have paid that much if they were told beforehand that it was fake? To sell a fake as a genuine racket is deception.

If you want the performance without the cost why not buy one of the clones rather than support the fake market.

We the racket buying public would the first to cry should Yonex pull out of the badminton racket due to loss in sales caused by fakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There perhaps needs to be a bit of quantification of "rip off" here. It is true you can get any old fake or clone racket and play with it. It will be cheaper than Yonex, and that I do not doubt. As we said many times on this forum, a majority of your success has to do with your own technique and ability, so a less than top of the line racket suffices more often than not.

Now, to the topic of Yonex. The reason it is so popular is because they offer a consisitent and predictable line of racquets in terms of performance and tolerance. You pick up an MP99, and you know that it is a stiff racket, with an even balance and is great for doubles. The point is that I know I can just go get another one and it'll behave the same as my current one. There is also a lot of existing testimonial attesting to how it will work that can be used, but only because the tolerance between each unit is good.

A clone on the other hand can vary all over the map in terms of performance. A fake will never have the same structural rigidity of a real one. There will not be a lot of advice anyone else can give you because there is no way to tell if this version of a fake is the same as another. Do they flex the same? Can it hold the same tension before collapsing? No body knows.

In the end, the user will have to do a lot of testing before settling on a racket they like when chosing from a pool of clones and fakes. This time and effort is worth money. The simplicity of knowing what you will be getting is one factor that needs to be included into the "Why is Yonex more expensive?" discussion. Do not dismiss the price premium immediately as a rip off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    There perhaps needs to be a bit of quantification of "rip off" here. It is true you can get any old fake or clone racket and play with it. It will be cheaper than Yonex, and that I do not doubt. As we said many times on this forum, a majority of your success has to do with your own technique and ability, so a less than top of the line racket suffices more often than not.

Now, to the topic of Yonex. The reason it is so popular is because they offer a consisitent and predictable line of racquets in terms of performance and tolerance. You pick up an MP99, and you know that it is a stiff racket, with an even balance and is great for doubles. The point is that I know I can just go get another one and it'll behave the same as my current one. There is also a lot of existing testimonial attesting to how it will work that can be used, but only because the tolerance between each unit is good.

A clone on the other hand can vary all over the map in terms of performance. A fake will never have the same structural rigidity of a real one. There will not be a lot of advice anyone else can give you because there is no way to tell if this version of a fake is the same as another. Do they flex the same? Can it hold the same tension before collapsing? No body knows.

In the end, the user will have to do a lot of testing before settling on a racket they like when chosing from a pool of clones and fakes. This time and effort is worth money. The simplicity of knowing what you will be getting is one factor that needs to be included into the "Why is Yonex more expensive?" discussion. Do not dismiss the price premium immediately as a rip off.
    WOW, now i get it.... now can some1 borrow me 200 bucks so i can buy a racket? lol
    thanks ppl!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW, now i get it.... now can some1 borrow me 200 bucks so i can buy a racket? lol
    thanks ppl!
    Sure, you're in canada right. Just go to your local CIBC. It's spitting out Canadian Tire money.

http://nb.cbc.ca/regionalnews/caches...-20041201.html

Sorry off topic.... back to fakes people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

is this at 800 real or fake? (the seller is a newbi dumboo he says there is no at800 for yonex, only 500 and 700 hehehe sucker!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default University Challenge

Your starter for 10...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118319697&rd=1

You have the following questions on baddy racquets:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281412&rd=1
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281438&rd=1

And it's goodnight from me...Goodnight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this at 800 real or fake? (the seller is a newbi dumboo he says there is no at800 for yonex, only 500 and 700 hehehe sucker!)
    Those pictures are not clear enough as you just took them off from somewhere.
    You need to take pictures yourself and make sure pictures are clear if you want us to help you.

Also, if it is an auction item, post the link of the auction so we can take a look at the description.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klc28
    Your starter for 10...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118319697&rd=1

You have the following questions on baddy racquets:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281412&rd=1
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281438&rd=1

And it's goodnight from me...Goodnight!
    Yeah, none of them are real ones. Poor fakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are a lot of fake racket sellers from UK this week..... hmm.....

UK buyers need be very careful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 604badder

A clone on the other hand can vary all over the map in terms of performance
    . A fake will never have the same structural rigidity of a real one. There will not be a lot of advice anyone else can give you because there is no way to tell if this version of a fake is the same as another. Do they flex the same? Can it hold the same tension before collapsing? No body knows.

I take exception to the statement regarding clones. Clone manufacturers have never hidden behind not supporting their products. Winex racquets has a 12 month warranty against manufacturer's defects. SOTX has up to 400 days warranty so you can't generalize and say that clones are like fakes. Fakes are done by unknown manfacturers who don't stand behind their products.