User Tag List

Page 30 of 229 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 130 ... LastLast
Results 494 to 510 of 3880
  1. #494
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Fake Seller List

    Version: 11-28-04

    Please check this list before you buy online.
    Hello,

    First of all, thanks everybody for contributing helpful info on this forum. Has helped me a lot and this list is brilant!

    I just received a racquet bought on ebay from a seller of genuine stuff according to you guys, but strangely enough there is a "sunrise genuine" sticker on the bottom green cap over the yonex logo. Has anyone seen this before? Is this normal for a "sp" version or something?

    Also the mp88 came in a titanium cover, he said that he can't control what kind of covers the distributor sends him. Well, I kind of don't buy that.

    If anyone can enlighten me about the buttcap-thing, thanks. And do you believe that cover-thing?

  2. #495
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please post some pictures.

    -dave

  3. #496
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I'm kind of trying to figure out how. The insert image asks for url, have pics on harddisk. I know I'm green..

  4. #497
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's the step-by-step:

    1. Hit the "Reply" button.
    2. Type something in the text box, then
    3. Go to the "Additional Options" box.
    4. Hit the "Manage Attachments" button.
    5. Click "Browse", select your file(s).
    6. Click "Upload Files"
    7. Click "Close Window"

    Then, "Submit Reply".

    Hope that explains it.

    Oh, welcome to BadmintonForum, by the way.

    -dave

  5. #498
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regarding to the pics, better including:

    1. Serial #s: both the shaft and cone

    2. Butt cap

    3. MP gromments, i.e. close to the throat

    4. Shaft where clearly showing the letters

    5. Cover

  6. #499
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow ripoff!

    one question ppl, if its really hard to tell from a fake or real racket even on the

    performance , then isnt it the same having a fake or real racket ? n the good fakes 1 r way cheaper.....???




    yonex is a big rip off!!!

  7. #500
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you put the racket in a display case, and that's the only thing you do with it, then sure.

    Anyway, the issue here is deception. Passing off a fake as a real racket, and getting real Yonex prices on fake rackets.

    -dave

  8. #501
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B166-ER
    one question ppl, if its really hard to tell from a fake or real racket even on the

    performance , then isnt it the same having a fake or real racket ? n the good fakes 1 r way cheaper.....???




    yonex is a big rip off!!!
    Cheaper? Try telling that to the Ebay buyers who are paying the price of a genuine racket only to receive a fake. Would they have paid that much if they were told beforehand that it was fake? To sell a fake as a genuine racket is deception.

    If you want the performance without the cost why not buy one of the clones rather than support the fake market.

    We the racket buying public would the first to cry should Yonex pull out of the badminton racket due to loss in sales caused by fakes.

  9. #502
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC - Kirkland WA
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B166-ER
    one question ppl, if its really hard to tell from a fake or real racket even on the

    performance , then isnt it the same having a fake or real racket ? n the good fakes 1 r way cheaper.....???




    yonex is a big rip off!!!
    There perhaps needs to be a bit of quantification of "rip off" here. It is true you can get any old fake or clone racket and play with it. It will be cheaper than Yonex, and that I do not doubt. As we said many times on this forum, a majority of your success has to do with your own technique and ability, so a less than top of the line racket suffices more often than not.

    Now, to the topic of Yonex. The reason it is so popular is because they offer a consisitent and predictable line of racquets in terms of performance and tolerance. You pick up an MP99, and you know that it is a stiff racket, with an even balance and is great for doubles. The point is that I know I can just go get another one and it'll behave the same as my current one. There is also a lot of existing testimonial attesting to how it will work that can be used, but only because the tolerance between each unit is good.

    A clone on the other hand can vary all over the map in terms of performance. A fake will never have the same structural rigidity of a real one. There will not be a lot of advice anyone else can give you because there is no way to tell if this version of a fake is the same as another. Do they flex the same? Can it hold the same tension before collapsing? No body knows.

    In the end, the user will have to do a lot of testing before settling on a racket they like when chosing from a pool of clones and fakes. This time and effort is worth money. The simplicity of knowing what you will be getting is one factor that needs to be included into the "Why is Yonex more expensive?" discussion. Do not dismiss the price premium immediately as a rip off.

  10. #503
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    There perhaps needs to be a bit of quantification of "rip off" here. It is true you can get any old fake or clone racket and play with it. It will be cheaper than Yonex, and that I do not doubt. As we said many times on this forum, a majority of your success has to do with your own technique and ability, so a less than top of the line racket suffices more often than not.

    Now, to the topic of Yonex. The reason it is so popular is because they offer a consisitent and predictable line of racquets in terms of performance and tolerance. You pick up an MP99, and you know that it is a stiff racket, with an even balance and is great for doubles. The point is that I know I can just go get another one and it'll behave the same as my current one. There is also a lot of existing testimonial attesting to how it will work that can be used, but only because the tolerance between each unit is good.

    A clone on the other hand can vary all over the map in terms of performance. A fake will never have the same structural rigidity of a real one. There will not be a lot of advice anyone else can give you because there is no way to tell if this version of a fake is the same as another. Do they flex the same? Can it hold the same tension before collapsing? No body knows.

    In the end, the user will have to do a lot of testing before settling on a racket they like when chosing from a pool of clones and fakes. This time and effort is worth money. The simplicity of knowing what you will be getting is one factor that needs to be included into the "Why is Yonex more expensive?" discussion. Do not dismiss the price premium immediately as a rip off.
    WOW, now i get it.... now can some1 borrow me 200 bucks so i can buy a racket? lol
    thanks ppl!

  11. #504
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC - Kirkland WA
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B166-ER
    WOW, now i get it.... now can some1 borrow me 200 bucks so i can buy a racket? lol
    thanks ppl!
    Sure, you're in canada right. Just go to your local CIBC. It's spitting out Canadian Tire money.

    http://nb.cbc.ca/regionalnews/caches...-20041201.html

    Sorry off topic.... back to fakes people

  12. #505
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool







    is this at 800 real or fake? (the seller is a newbi dumboo he says there is no at800 for yonex, only 500 and 700 hehehe sucker!)

  13. #506
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default University Challenge

    Your starter for 10...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118319697&rd=1

    You have the following questions on baddy racquets:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281412&rd=1
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281438&rd=1


    And it's goodnight from me...Goodnight!

  14. #507
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B166-ER

    is this at 800 real or fake? (the seller is a newbi dumboo he says there is no at800 for yonex, only 500 and 700 hehehe sucker!)
    Those pictures are not clear enough as you just took them off from somewhere.
    You need to take pictures yourself and make sure pictures are clear if you want us to help you.

    Also, if it is an auction item, post the link of the auction so we can take a look at the description.

  15. #508
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klc28
    Your starter for 10...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118319697&rd=1

    You have the following questions on baddy racquets:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281412&rd=1
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...118281438&rd=1


    And it's goodnight from me...Goodnight!
    Yeah, none of them are real ones. Poor fakes.

  16. #509
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    there are a lot of fake racket sellers from UK this week..... hmm.....

    UK buyers need be very careful!

  17. #510
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    ...

    A clone on the other hand can vary all over the map in terms of performance
    . A fake will never have the same structural rigidity of a real one. There will not be a lot of advice anyone else can give you because there is no way to tell if this version of a fake is the same as another. Do they flex the same? Can it hold the same tension before collapsing? No body knows.

    In the end, the user will have to do a lot of testing before settling on a racket they like when chosing from a pool of clones and fakes. This time and effort is worth money. The simplicity of knowing what you will be getting is one factor that needs to be included into the "Why is Yonex more expensive?" discussion. Do not dismiss the price premium immediately as a rip off.
    I take exception to the statement regarding clones. Clone manufacturers have never hidden behind not supporting their products. Winex racquets has a 12 month warranty against manufacturer's defects. SOTX has up to 400 days warranty so you can't generalize and say that clones are like fakes. Fakes are done by unknown manfacturers who don't stand behind their products.

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Racket Buying Enquiries (no ebay's or online auction)
    By drifit in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 527
    : 12-13-2014, 09:58 AM
  2. Look this auction on Ebay
    By champion_qh in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
  3. Fake Rackets Ebay Auction Watch
    By bluejeff in forum Market Place
    Replies: 47
    : 01-17-2005, 12:55 PM
  4. eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries
    By Dave18 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 10-28-2004, 11:04 PM
  5. eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries
    By Kao-newb in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-28-2004, 12:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •