User Tag List

Page 31 of 229 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 131 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some dude from UK just made a bad mistake on listing the AT800 as a 2UG3 racket. (and of course I caught this). I wrote to him/her and he wrote me back like crazy

Now it's all good because I know he/she just made a very bad mistake only on typing. (well, what's the chances on this? 1 letter of mistake in 1000+ letters of item description is just rare )

Anyway, I gave my best apology on bothering the seller for fakes in this case (Because he made a typo in his item description)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klc28

If I remember correctly, the seller is one the winning bidders of sportinternational's rackets. Look like now he is selling them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B166-ER

is this at 800 real or fake? (the seller is a newbi dumboo he says there is no at800 for yonex, only 500 and 700 hehehe sucker!)
    The cover looks kind of to shiny compared to the one I have. But hey don't know how much you can tell from a cover.

According to the cover I just got a titanium racquet instead of a mp88. Oe, owe you people some pics on that subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx to some directions I got from some of you, here the pics. I kind of think it is real. But strange stringing, missing a cross wire.

Sticker of sunshine on butt? And titanium cover?
    Attached Images Attached Images                

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this at 800 real or fake? (the seller is a newbi dumboo he says there is no at800 for yonex, only 500 and 700 hehehe sucker!)
    I'll bet $100 that this is fake. Look at the main strings on the two sides, they are not straight. Also there are 23 cross strings instead of the standard 21 for an AT 800.

Could be the stringer didn't know how to make good use of the extra grommet holes but I say the racket didn't have those extra grommets in the first place.
    Last edited by Mr. Anderson; 12-03-2004 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kpl818
    Thanx to some directions I got from some of you, here the pics. I kind of think it is real. But strange stringing, missing a cross wire.

Sticker of sunshine on butt? And titanium cover?
    Yes it should be real. All new Yonex rackets have the Sunrise laser sticker on them, some on the buttcap, some on the cone area.

Also there's nothing wrong with getting a titanium bag with a muscle power racket, maybe the guy ran out of stocks, or maybe just like he said "he couldn't control the distribution of bags".

And about the strange stringing pattern, some stringers delibrately miss out a cross string. They claim this increases power and control by 5%. However this has yet to be proved and to me this sounds like a load of bull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson
    I'll bet $100 that this is fake. Look at the main strings on the two sides, they are not straight. Also there are 23 cross strings instead of the standard 21 for an AT 800.

Could be the stringer didn't know how to make good use of the extra grommet holes but I say the racket didn't have those extra grommets in the first place.
    the person whos selling it says that the strings r bad, i think its just the strings... meh still good cus its cheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the person whos selling it says that the strings r bad, i think its just the strings... meh still good cus its cheap
    This has nothing to do with the strings. Bad strings or not, the stringing pattern doesn't change unless the structure of the frame changes.

And I see no point in wasting money on a fake racket. Why not get something other than Yonex with the same quality for half or even one forth the price?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has nothing to do with the strings. Bad strings or not, the stringing pattern doesn't change unless the structure of the frame changes.

And I see no point in wasting money on a fake racket. Why not get something other than Yonex with the same quality for half or even one forth the price?
    will, other brand lik carlton or wilson, r also expensive on ebay, so this *fake* racket is kind like a gamble, if its real, jackpot! if its fake... meh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will, other brand lik carlton or wilson, r also expensive on ebay, so this *fake* racket is kind like a gamble, if its real, jackpot! if its fake... meh
    If I were you, I will never gamble on this thing. The chance of losing your money to fakes is nearly 90%+.

(I would rather spend them on buying myself a big sushi dinner)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    If I were you, I will never gamble on this thing. The chance of losing your money to fakes is nearly 90%+.

(I would rather spend them on buying myself a big sushi dinner)
    mmmmm shushi...... yummy.... but ive already bidded ... meh thanks anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ppl need help! and some1 check if the armortec 800 DE if real or not? the seral number is: 3742564 thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ppl need help! and some1 check if the armortec 800 DE if real or not? the seral number is: 3742564 thanks!
    Fake.

That number indicates the manufacture date is before 2002 October (because I have a MP99 that is made in Oct, 2002, with serials starting 4xxxxxx)

However, AT 800 wasn't release in 2002. So, it's a fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Fake.

That number indicates the manufacture date is before 2002 October (because I have a MP99 that is made in Oct, 2002, with serials starting 4xxxxxx)

However, AT 800 wasn't release in 2002. So, it's a fake.
    isnt the maufacture number the second set of the numbers? lik DDMMYY*XX(xx is country) the seral number i posted is the first set, but thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isnt the maufacture number the second set of the numbers? lik DDMMYY*XX(xx is country) the seral number i posted is the first set, but thanks!
    That's right, you need to read my post more carefully.

I said:
    My MP99 is made in Oct, 2002. serials begins with 4xxxxxxx.
    Since the serial will NOT go down, that means, the AT800 with 3xxxxxxxx is made before my MP99, which is Oct, 2002.
    (I said my racket is in Oct, 2002 because I just gave you a shortcut. Use your common sense)

However, AT800 wasn't release in 2002. So, that's a fake.
    Come on, It's not hard to understand.
    Last edited by bluejeff; 12-04-2004 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you also think that the racquet is a real one. I’ll try this stringing pattern for a while and see how it plays, maybe it does feel good.

Yes it should be real. All new Yonex rackets have the Sunrise laser sticker on them, some on the buttcap, some on the cone area.

Also there's nothing wrong with getting a titanium bag with a muscle power racket, maybe the guy ran out of stocks, or maybe just like he said "he couldn't control the distribution of bags".

And about the strange stringing pattern, some stringers delibrately miss out a cross string. They claim this increases power and control by 5%. However this has yet to be proved and to me this sounds like a load of bull.