User Tag List

Page 77 of 229 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,293 to 1,309 of 3879
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newplayer
    Hi,

I just saw 2 extremly cheap yonex rackets on ebay:

(1) Nanospeed 7000 -- sold for AUD$25

(2) Brand new ArmorTec 700 -- I bought for USD$35 + USD$41 of mailing cost.

As an after thought, I'm a bit suprised that people would actually sell these really
    expensive rackets for such low prices. What do you guys think? Are they very likely
    to be fakes?

B.T.W. the ArmorTec racket was sold by someone from China, which might explain
    the low low price ...

newplayer
    A really low price Yonex racket is almost certain that it's fake. Everyone who plays badminton and know something about rackets (and even those who don't play badminton and don't know much about rackets) will tell you that genuine Yonex equipment are expensive. You could see differences in price amongst different countries, for example, you may find genuine Yonex cheapest in Thailand, then reasonably inexpensive in Hong Kong, then very expensive in Europe, etc.., but those prices you saw in eBay are completely OFF the "cheap scale" of Yonex. Yonex in China are definitely NOT cheap. You can find some models more expensive than the same in Hong Kong.

The only chance I can think of for a person to sell a brand new genuine Yonex racket dirt cheap and still make a profit is he had the racket given to him for free as a gift or sample (or he stole it ). He could sell that to you for 5 dollar and still make a profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winstonchan
    A really low price Yonex racket is almost certain that it's fake. Everyone who plays badminton and know something about rackets (and even those who don't play badminton and don't know much about rackets) will tell you that genuine Yonex equipment are expensive. You could see differences in price amongst different countries, for example, you may find genuine Yonex cheapest in Thailand, then reasonably inexpensive in Hong Kong, then very expensive in Europe, etc.., but those prices you saw in eBay are completely OFF the "cheap scale" of Yonex. Yonex in China are definitely NOT cheap. You can find some models more expensive than the same in Hong Kong.

The only chance I can think of for a person to sell a brand new genuine Yonex racket dirt cheap and still make a profit is he had the racket given to him for free as a gift or sample (or he stole it ). He could sell that to you for 5 dollar and still make a profit.
    Damn it ... I knew it was too good to be true, well, the only thing I can do now is
    waiting and hoping for the best. Cannot believe I let my greed get the better of me.

newplayer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn it ... I knew it was too good to be true, well, the only thing I can do now is
    waiting and hoping for the best. Cannot believe I let my greed get the better of me.

newplayer
    Let us know if your racket is real or fake after you received it. I think we are interested to know. If the racket is genuine, that price you paid for AT700 was not bad at all....
    Last edited by winstonchan; 06-15-2005 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us know if your racket is real or fake after you received it. I think we are interested to know. If the racket is genuine, that price you paid for AT700 was not bad at all....
    Sure I will, but I think we already know what the outcome will be.
    By the way, is there anyway I can verify the authenticity of the racket in case I
    cannot do so visually? (Other than trying to break it)

Thanks a lot.

newplayer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, is there anyway I can verify the authenticity of the racket in case I

Thanks a lot.

newplayer
    It's quite hard to verify one as fakies are made so close to the genuine one. I must admit I am not good at telling the difference either. However you can try take pictures of the end cap, the serial number on the shaft cone and on the shaft (we can sometime tell from the serial number, also see if the number is laser etched or just printed on), take picture of the YY logo on the shaft cone, what is the spec (?U/G?) etc... and post them on the thread. I'm sure you will find BC members with expertise knowledge to give you a representative answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Has anyone bought rackets on ebay from tekeong?

Hi all,

I just bought a Yonex AromorTec 700 (3U/G2) from a seller called tekeong on ebay.
    The bid was USD$33 and the postage and handling was USD$43.10. I had some doubts
    about the authenticity of the racket after I paid, and I sent him an email to enquire about
    it but haven't heard anything back. The pictures of this racket can be found at
    another thread.

I'm just wondering if any of you have bought anything from this seller, and what the outcome was.

Thanks a lot.

newplayer
    Last edited by newplayer; 06-15-2005 at 05:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take picture of the YY logo on the shaft cone, what is the spec (?U/G?) etc... and post them on the thread. I'm sure you will find BC members with expertise knowledge to give you a representative answer.
    Ah, the spec of the racket is what worries me the most. The seller claims the racket to
    be a 3U/G2. Now, I've done as much research about this racket as I can and I just cannot
    possibly find one of G2. The pictures are here:

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot.

newplayer
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the spec of the racket is what worries me the most. The seller claims the racket to
    be a 3U/G2. Now, I've done as much research about this racket as I can and I just cannot
    possibly find one of G2. The pictures are here:

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot.

newplayer
    OK, from the little information on the picture, I could just spot that the bottom of the frame has grommets that different from the authentic AT700 (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). Your picture shows normal grommets, where as to my memory AT700 have 4 stud grommets (dont know the proper name but you may know what i mean) at the bottom.

Secondly, Armortec rackets don't come in G2. See this link:
    http://www.yonex.co.jp/intl/badminto.../armortec.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G2 looks fishy to me too.. thats one thick handle, but.. from looking at the picture, it DOES look like a G2.. and i dont see any flaws atm.. the paint job seems shiney and right.. i dont know, maybe you have a very special racket.. first time ive seen a bag with purple too..

edit: ^ listen to the guy on top =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm.. looking at that second pic.. it seems a bit weird. My AT700 is authentic (hopefully) and i can see that behind the number '700', there are some horizontal silver stripes. Looking at the pic, unless its bad quality, i can't see to see them. Correct me if i'm wrong or if my racquet is just fake..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YawneXpensive
    G2 looks fishy to me too.. thats one thick handle, but.. from looking at the picture, it DOES look like a G2.. and i dont see any flaws atm.. the paint job seems shiney and right.. i dont know, maybe you have a very special racket.. first time ive seen a bag with purple too..

edit: ^ listen to the guy on top =)
    Oh ... I hope the G2 is just a mistake, but yes, I agree with most people here
    that this is a fake racket. However, I don't think it would justified for me to
    start asking for my money back until I've received the racket and verified
    its authenticity.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

newplayer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot.

newplayer
    You can post your serial number in the equiptment section for someone to confirm it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    You can post your serial number in the equiptment section for someone to confirm it
    Ah!! That's what I've been looking for, thanks a lot!!

newplayer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Yonex ti-10 real of fake?

hi ,yonex ti-10 ,can any of you's judging from the pic ,think it's real or a fake? the serial on cone looks fine with me

cheers,will
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Ko
    hi ,yonex ti-10 ,can any of you's judging from the pic ,think it's real or a fake? the serial on cone looks fine with me

cheers,will
    You can't say a racket is genuine by looking at only one picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintonrepublic.com/fake/index.html

The fakes-seller list is getting long, and it's hard to update here.
    So, please visit above page for the list of counterfeit sellers.
    (Click on "eBay Watch" to view the list)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ... I hope the G2 is just a mistake, but yes, I agree with most people here
    that this is a fake racket. However, I don't think it would justified for me to
    start asking for my money back until I've received the racket and verified
    its authenticity.

newplayer
    Hi,

For all of those who gave me advice -- thank you!! I've just communicated with
    the seller who told me that Yonex racket is an "OEM" racket which was developed
    in Japan and made in Taiwan. We have settled down on a 93% of the refund. I'm
    still waiting for the money.

newplayer