User Tag List

Page 98 of 227 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,650 to 1,666 of 3849
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentlight
    Ah crap, I just bought what I think is a fake Armortec 800 from eBay here. I just came across Bluejeff's website on the list of eBay sellers that sell fake Yonex merchandise and this seller 'tohktohk' is listed. Damn!! I should've seen this list before paying. I haven't received the racquet yet though, I paid through paypal, is there anyway to get my money back? Thanks.
    Absolutely. Notify the Seller first. If the Seller refuses, then take it up with PayPal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Absolutely. Notify the Seller first. If the Seller refuses, then take it up with PayPal.
    I should probably wait till I actually receive the racquet though and confirm that it is fake, the thing is he's also selling a Nanospeed 8000 JP here and that looks genuine but thanks a lot DinkAlot, I am partially relieved .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not so sure, tohktohk is the same seller used to sell 4U NS7000 according to the webshot that I saved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentlight
    I should probably wait till I actually receive the racquet though and confirm that it is fake, the thing is he's also selling a Nanospeed 8000 JP here and that looks genuine but thanks a lot DinkAlot, I am partially relieved .
    Yes, of course, if it's real, then you have nothing to worry about. The Seller has perfect feedback (so far) so I hope everything turns out OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    I am not so sure, tohktohk is the same seller used to sell 4U NS7000 according to the webshot that I saved.
    Doh! If anyone will know it's BJ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he's got the same username, also resides in Australia and also sells Yonex racquets, I'd say it's him. He's not selling an at700 and his ns8000 auction looks genuine...so I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, of course, if it's real, then you have nothing to worry about. The Seller has perfect feedback (so far) so I hope everything turns out OK.
    perfect feedback means nothing...

they keep selling fake one and people return it without reporting
    they still get a good feedback and earn some through shipping

very sad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    perfect feedback means nothing...

they keep selling fake one and people return it without reporting
    they still get a good feedback and earn some through shipping

very sad
    Disagree, perfect feedback does mean something. If they have perfect feedback, a long and good standing with eBay that means they are doing something right. There's no way someone selling fake stuff can have such good feedback. Sooner or later they will be caught or exposed. This is the whole reason to have feedback. Of course feedback doesn't guarantee anything, it's just to show the seller's tendencies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree, perfect feedback does mean something. If they have perfect feedback, a long and good standing with eBay that means they are doing something right. There's no way someone selling fake stuff can have such good feedback. Sooner or later they will be caught or exposed. This is the whole reason to have feedback. Of course feedback doesn't guarantee anything, it's just to show the seller's tendencies.
    Feedback used to mean something, but not so much anymore.

1. A bunch of people have 100% feedback and they still sell fakes.
    Why? because people can boost their feedback easily and fast and free of charge in a single day.

How do they do it? Well, eBay in China and Taiwan are completely free. ebay system is a worldwide system, and a lot of fake sellers boost their account by using "fake ebay accounts" to give them a bunch of positive feedbacks. It's very easy to do and I have seen more than hundreds of China ebay people do it. All you need to do is to register a bunch of separate accounts and create some fake $1 auctions yourself. Since selling and listing are free, people just boost their account to whatever number they want.

2. Fake sellers often threaten buyers by using the feedback. They normally will not post you a feedback unless you give them a positive feedback first. This is one of the primary reasons that fake sellers always have good ratings in feedback because too many ebay buyers are afraid of receiving a revenge negative feedback from fake sellers if they post a bad feedback to them. Seen this quite a lot as well. People kept comlaining about this but don't have the gut to fight them.

It is very often to see something like this in the auction description page:
    "We will leave you a good feedback when you leave us a good feedback", or
    "We will leave you a feedback according to the one you left us"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback used to mean something, but not so much anymore.
    However, if people buy from them and it's fake, and they post negative or complain to eBay, eventually they will be weeded out.

I'm also only referring to U.S. eBay and sellers in the U.S. I have minimal experience with other eBayers in other countries and like you've said before, if it's too good to be true...watch out.

Buyers should just be smart and not be a sucker into thinking they are going to get such a good deal on eBay. If it's too good to be true, you're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, if people buy from them and it's fake, and they post negative or complain to eBay, eventually they will be weeded out.

I'm also only referring to U.S. eBay and sellers in the U.S. I have minimal experience with other eBayers in other countries and like you've said before, if it's too good to be true...watch out.

Buyers should just be smart and not be a sucker into thinking they are going to get such a good deal on eBay. If it's too good to be true, you're right.
    Nah, they will come back with a different account. I have seen too many of this as well.

Anyone can registered a US account and register 100 China account and use those fake accounts to boost the US account in no time. The systems of different country's eBay databases are all linked up together, which is biggest weakpoint of the feedback system now. They really need to think about it and fix it asap.

3 biggest fakes sellers from China have more than 500+ feedback scores and yet, they are still making good money on ebay.

Here is what I will suggest people do:
    1. Stay away from sellers in foreign countries where the law will not protect you. China is the first one you should think of.

2. Stay away from sellers where the shipping address is different than the seller's country. Many people use US address to collect money, but the goods are shipping from China. Well, it works well with non-fake-able items. But with Yonex rackets, I will not recommend this type of sellers.

3. When the S&H is too high (Such as $10 auction value with S&H $90), don't bid on it. The rule of the auction is that, the seller is only responsible to refund you the auction value. S&H is never needed to be included. Although you considered you paid $100 overall, but from eBay's point of view, the seller only receives $10, the rest of the $90 is for S&H. Thus, not needed to be returned. (This sounds stupid and bad, but this is the fact that ebay will consider)

4.Stay away from sellers who do not appear to be knowledge about badminton, or only accepts payments in non-refundable types. (Such as Cash, Western union, bank transfers). Fake sellers are often the ones who just want your money. They don't care about badminton at all, and they just want to sell. With those non-refundable types payment, there is no way you can get the money back unless the seller is a good guy with good heart. (well, you will have to pray for it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BJ explanation is more and more valid each day. Feedback is losing its credibility more and more. I got hosed in 2 transactions already. (No i wasnt buying them on the cheap). Ebay/paypal protecton is very limited and cost u time and headaches. There are many more tricks out there than what BJ had listed. Too bad these scammers spoils the good sellers.

for those who got fake racket or string, be happy, at least u got something that still work as was intended.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-23-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-YONEX-...QQcmdZViewItem

People should be aware of this fake racket. This dude still says he is selling genuine racket regardless Yonex never makes any NS7000 in 4U weight.

This is another perfect example that don't buy rackets on ebay without doing homework online first. You need to know what weights Yonex makes on certain models before you buy online.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    BJ explanation is more and more valid each day. Feedback is losing its credibility more and more. I got hosed in 2 transactions already. (No i wasnt buying them on the cheap). Ebay/paypal protecton is very limited and cost u time and headaches. There are many more tricks out there than what BJ had listed. Too bad these scammers spoils the good sellers.

for those who got fake racket or string, be happy, at least u got something that still work as was intended.
    I agree BJ's explanation is more and more valid each day. I've never been hosed on eBay and have purchased/sold over 2,000 items. I guess I've been lucky and have a feel of what to look for.

Now Cooler, getting hosed on 2 transactions from a Veteran like you? Shame on you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BJ: thanks or the great info. I do mostly that, I stay away from China or International accounts.

I'd rather pay more and know I'm getting real product than pray on a good deal and have an iffy seller.

Also, never do Western Union or something similar, that's a big no-no. You will never see your money.

Nah, they will come back with a different account. I have seen too many of this as well.

Anyone can registered a US account and register 100 China account and use those fake accounts to boost the US account in no time. The systems of different country's eBay databases are all linked up together, which is biggest weakpoint of the feedback system now. They really need to think about it and fix it asap.

3 biggest fakes sellers from China have more than 500+ feedback scores and yet, they are still making good money on ebay.

Here is what I will suggest people do:
    1. Stay away from sellers in foreign countries where the law will not protect you. China is the first one you should think of.

2. Stay away from sellers where the shipping address is different than the seller's country. Many people use US address to collect money, but the goods are shipping from China. Well, it works well with non-fake-able items. But with Yonex rackets, I will not recommend this type of sellers.

3. When the S&H is too high (Such as $10 auction value with S&H $90), don't bid on it. The rule of the auction is that, the seller is only responsible to refund you the auction value. S&H is never needed to be included. Although you considered you paid $100 overall, but from eBay's point of view, the seller only receives $10, the rest of the $90 is for S&H. Thus, not needed to be returned. (This sounds stupid and bad, but this is the fact that ebay will consider)

4.Stay away from sellers who do not appear to be knowledge about badminton, or only accepts payments in non-refundable types. (Such as Cash, Western union, bank transfers). Fake sellers are often the ones who just want your money. They don't care about badminton at all, and they just want to sell. With those non-refundable types payment, there is no way you can get the money back unless the seller is a good guy with good heart. (well, you will have to pray for it)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-YONEX-...QQcmdZViewItem

People should be aware of this fake racket. This dude still says he is selling genuine racket regardless Yonex never makes any NS7000 in 4U weight.

This is another perfect example that don't buy rackets on ebay without doing homework online first. You need to know what weights Yonex makes on certain models before you buy online.
    It may very well be true this racket is fake but we need to realize some people don't know weight and grip sizes of rackets and he may have inadvertently listed it as a 4U.

I know many Badminton Players, even advanced ones that don't know their equipment and what they are using. They just "play". They are not like most of us here, Badminton Nerds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan,
    If you look closely the plastic wrapping say 4U5; there is no way that the racket is real;;;;;;

It may very well be true this racket is fake but we need to realize some people don't know weight and grip sizes of rackets and he may have inadvertently listed it as a 4U.

I know many Badminton Players, even advanced ones that don't know their equipment and what they are using. They just "play". They are not like most of us here, Badminton Nerds.