User Tag List

Page 171 of 228 FirstFirst ... 71 121 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,907 of 3876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thestud View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to find out if the following Yonex 9000 fake or real? Ofcourse, the pictures could be real but the item I receive could be fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-YONEX-NANO-SPEED-NS-9000-NS9000-Badminton-Racket_W0QQitemZ250324247726QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAcc essories?hash=item250324247726&_trksid=p3911.c0.m1 4&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A 1318

Please let me know. There are several other Yonex 9000 items on Ebay but it's so cheap that it makes you wonder that it's fake or genuine.

Thanks.
    Do you think the racket is real? The price is too cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure whether the racket is real. If they are selling on ebay and got so many positive feedbacks from different buyers, it might be real. However, I am doubtful because of the price. I don't know how could someone sell Yonex 9000 for $45 when the actual price is $225.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fake Yonex 9000

This is the response I got from Yonex 9000 seller. Unfortunately I already ordered and now I learn that it's fake

==========================================

be honest
    it's clone,but the quality is very good.
    and it feeling just same as the original.
    it mark as "made in japan"
    real feeling,strung as 24 Lbs.
    i believe you will like it.
    thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered a Yonex Nano Speed 9000 Type S from htd8000 (who has 100% positive feedback from 107 members (all of them buying rackets from him too I think) on eBay. Here's the specific link -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200266556727
    It came out to $50-$60. I read some of the earlier posts saying that if some purchases seem to be too good to be true, they most likely are. So I was wondering what people thought about this. After reading those earlier posts I'm assuming that this is just fake so I shouldn't be too excited or anything.

Edit - The guy said, "Hi,I need to tell you this racquet is clone-made directly from China Yonex OEM factory.But it's almost the same excellent quality and outlook in your hand as the authentic one
    Regards
    Jerry"
    Do you think it's true or will my racket suck and break right when I get it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thestud View Post
    This is the response I got from Yonex 9000 seller. Unfortunately I already ordered and now I learn that it's fake

be honest
    it's clone,but the quality is very good.
    and it feeling just same as the original.
    it mark as "made in japan"
    real feeling,strung as 24 Lbs.
    i believe you will like it.
    thanks.

Hey that's exactly the situation I had/am in right now! Since I already ordered my racket, and should be receiving it sometime this week or the next. Is the clone racket really bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price is obvious so the rackets are fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    The price is obvious so the rackets are fake.
    Do you think it'll break easily or anything? Would I still be able to play with it decently sort of and everything or no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ckaSVEN View Post
    Do you think it'll break easily or anything? Would I still be able to play with it decently sort of and everything or no?
    This is the thing. Who know what your particular fake would be like??!!
    Whether it would play like the real thing is an unknown. I have seen fakes that look just like the real thing but are so head heavy they could almost be used as a baseball bat, or it could be rather similar to the real deal.

Would it be as durable as the real thing? Who knows? It could break at the first smash with the head impaling itself into the back of your partner's head or it could last for years.

The point is that a fake is variable and unknown - but you'll have a racket which you can show to your friends and say " Hey, I've got a Yonex 9000 (looky-likey)!"

Question - Why not buy a clone from one of the many manufacturers (Fleet, Ashaway, Apacs etc etc) if you are even bothered about whether it plays well or is durable? Most even have a similar paint job (albeit without the word Yonex).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey that's exactly the situation I had/am in right now! Since I already ordered my racket, and should be receiving it sometime this week or the next. Is the clone racket really bad?
    Hey, look on the bright side. You have a looky-likey for less money than the other poor sap.

If you have even heard of this forum, how could you not have known this was a fake. China has lower living costs (generally speaking), but a Yonex 9K for USD20...come on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klc28 View Post
    This is the thing. Who know what your particular fake would be like??!!
    Whether it would play like the real thing is an unknown. I have seen fakes that look just like the real thing but are so head heavy they could almost be used as a baseball bat, or it could be rather similar to the real deal.

Would it be as durable as the real thing? Who knows? It could break at the first smash with the head impaling itself into the back of your partner's head or it could last for years.

The point is that a fake is variable and unknown - but you'll have a racket which you can show to your friends and say " Hey, I've got a Yonex 9000 (looky-likey)!"

Question - Why not buy a clone from one of the many manufacturers (Fleet, Ashaway, Apacs etc etc) if you are even bothered about whether it plays well or is durable? Most even have a similar paint job (albeit without the word Yonex).
    Aww man I'm just beginning so I don't think I'd be able to tell about the head weight stuff yet. I didn't know it was a clone until after the guy messaged back which was only until after I ordered it from him. I checked out my local badminton club last Monday and the guy said to get a HL Power Plus 4000 for $30 since it's pretty good for a beginners racket. Also, how often do rackets break completely and just the strings breaking? Over the years, I've been through 2 digital cameras, and am on my 3rd one right now. And my mom randomly asked me if I was purposely breaking them on purpose (which I'm definitely not.) So if I break any of these rackets early, she'll most likely bring that back up and say I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, look on the bright side. You have a looky-likey for less money than the other poor sap.

If you have even heard of this forum, how could you not have known this was a fake. China has lower living costs (generally speaking), but a Yonex 9K for USD20...come on
    I thought the guy purposely put the shipping and handling up because of it. Like those other eBay auctions that have a buy it now for $5, and a shipping and handling of like $100. I didn't hear about the site until someone emailed me back in another city (about 1 hour away) because I was asking him what he though about it, and what time his badminton club met at. :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in China for a week in September and I have to say that genuine racquets are pretty expensive there as well. I forgot how much anything was but I was suprised. I guess it really depends where in China. I was at a smaller city GuiYang and the prices were a fair bit more expensive than Hong Kong. As for the so called "clones" on ebay...its all BS. There is no such thing as a clone from OEM factories in China. If that was the case, the butt of the racquet should say "China" instead of Japan. Like always, beware if things seem too good to be true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the guy purposely put the shipping and handling up because of it... :\
    I am sorry to hear you say that you only got to of know this site after you bought it. I don't know if USD50 is a lot of money for you but, if not, you could take this as a lesson learnt and get another genuine racket (Yonex or otherwise). If it is then, depending on how good or bad the fake is, then I would either bin it or keep it as a spare for knocking around. If it is as head heavy as the Nanospeed my friend got, then you would feel it and risk injury especially for a beginner.

There are real Yonex rackets to be found on Ebay but, for me, I would steer clear of all the China sellers and be very careful with other Yonex sellers. Learn to read the serial numbers and what to look out for in fakes. Asking questions on Ebay, and on here, **before buying** is a good thing. Until you know what to look for, I would advise not to buy Yonex on Ebay.

As you are in a club, ask if your friends would mind lending you their racket so you can knock a few shuttles with it. If it's a reasonable sized club you should find a racket you like. Don't be too bothered about the name.

Better luck on your next racket and, as a beginner to this game, I hope you find it as beautiful as most/all of us do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry to hear you say that you only got to of know this site after you bought it. I don't know if USD50 is a lot of money for you but, if not, you could take this as a lesson learnt and get another genuine racket (Yonex or otherwise). If it is then, depending on how good or bad the fake is, then I would either bin it or keep it as a spare for knocking around. If it is as head heavy as the Nanospeed my friend got, then you would feel it and risk injury especially for a beginner.

There are real Yonex rackets to be found on Ebay but, for me, I would steer clear of all the China sellers and be very careful with other Yonex sellers. Learn to read the serial numbers and what to look out for in fakes. Asking questions on Ebay, and on here, **before buying** is a good thing. Until you know what to look for, I would advise not to buy Yonex on Ebay.

As you are in a club, ask if your friends would mind lending you their racket so you can knock a few shuttles with it. If it's a reasonable sized club you should find a racket you like. Don't be too bothered about the name.

Better luck on your next racket and, as a beginner to this game, I hope you find it as beautiful as most/all of us do.
    Yeah, well you learn from your mistakes. So next time I'm buying a racket, I'm definitely talking about it on here first

I'm not in any club officially, but the only Colorado clubs I can seem to find are from http://www.northwestbadminton.org/colorado.php So I've been emailing the people on there to see if they still meet up and everything since I guess the site hasn't updated the page in awhile. The only club I've checked out so far only had about 8 or so members, and I think all of them only brought 1 racket, unless they had other ones in their cars.

The Pikes Peak Badminton Club on the site said it's better to not go there because they're all really good and they don't have any beginners But there's a club that plays for 4 hours every Thursdays that's about 45 minutes away that I think I'll check out with a friend or 2 because I think they have more players, so I'll definitely ask around there if I can see other people's rackets. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, please confirm for me this racquet before I buy it. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helping!

---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 7000

shaft serial: 7012141
    cone code : 100775CD
    source : BC Forumer
    price : $ 160 CAD (not paid yet)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWDracer View Post
    Hi there, please confirm for me this racquet before I buy it. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helping!

racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 7000

shaft serial: 7012141
    cone code : 100775CD
    source : BC Forumer
    price : $ 160 CAD (not paid yet)

Thanks!
    Which member is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Which member is it?
    It's not you or your friend. Also note, I am ALSO buying the racquet that you guys are selling too.