User Tag List

Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 3849
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another note:

    I was looking on ebay, and currently, there is a seller, radioheady2000, selling lots of Yonex AT series racquets, example:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3686929002

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3686929106

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3686132970

    However, as the beginning of this thread, the first post, this seller used to sell FAKE racquets, such as MP-300, so I am not sure if those AT800 racquets are genuine since he used to be a fake racquet seller.

    All his current photos are far and not clear, with masking on the serial numbers, so there is no clear evidence on the racquets he is selling now. It's hard to tell if those are real or not.

    His prices are too good to seem to be true, too. The price is so close to dealer's invoice, and I am wondering if he can survive from selling like this if those racquets are real ones.

    Just to point out this in case people are wondering the same thing as I do now.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,638
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    That depends on what you are going to do with it.

    For badminton purpose -> nah
    For hitting people or bugs -> yah
    I started using my old badminton racquets to kill flies. Excellent result. I put one near my dining table. Whenever a fly came by, I will show it my backhand smash. And the fly will end up 10 feet away lying on the floor motionless.
    Last edited by Qidong; 07-07-2004 at 03:37 PM.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Another note:

    I was looking on ebay, and currently, there is a seller, radioheady2000, selling lots of Yonex AT series racquets, example:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3686929002

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3686929106

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3686132970

    However, as the beginning of this thread, the first post, this seller used to sell FAKE racquets, such as MP-300, so I am not sure if those AT800 racquets are genuine since he used to be a fake racquet seller.

    All his current photos are far and not clear, with masking on the serial numbers, so there is no clear evidence on the racquets he is selling now. It's hard to tell if those are real or not.

    His prices are too good to seem to be true, too. The price is so close to dealer's invoice, and I am wondering if he can survive from selling like this if those racquets are real ones.

    Just to point out this in case people are wondering the same thing as I do now.


    Hi bluejeff,
    you think those at800 are fakes then? If they are then i am in trouble as i bid for one (did not see this forum) and looks like i may win it since i am the only one bidding. He has other auctions for the at800 that other people have won...so i may ask these people wheter they are real or fake or whatever.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jez7375
    Hi bluejeff,
    you think those at800 are fakes then? If they are then i am in trouble as i bid for one (did not see this forum) and looks like i may win it since i am the only one bidding. He has other auctions for the at800 that other people have won...so i may ask these people wheter they are real or fake or whatever.
    As about his "bad records"......if I am the customer buying rackets, I wouldn't buy my rackets from him.

    They could be high quality fakes, but I can not be 100% certain. However, sometimes pictures can not be trusted because he would ship you another one(as stated in the auction, "I WILL EMAIL THE WINNER PICTURE OF SERIAL NUMBER AFTER PAYMENT, WINNER WILL RECIEVE THE RACKET WITH THAT EXACT NUMBER. "), so you are NOT getting the one exactly as in the picture.

    I wonder what is the reason not taking a picture (of each racket) and show the serial numbers for each racket in each auction he is holding. Or he could've just mention in the description about the numbers in plain text.
    It's the same work amount comparing to email the buyer again about the serial numbers. Is he afriad to show the serial numbers? Could they be all the same? This is something to find out before bidding.

    You can retract your bid if you don't feel safe about it. There is a a link inside the bidding history you can use if you ever need it. (But you can only do it before the ending of the auction)

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore,Bangkok
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    U can cancel your bid anytime in ebay.



    Quote Originally Posted by jez7375
    Hi bluejeff,
    you think those at800 are fakes then? If they are then i am in trouble as i bid for one (did not see this forum) and looks like i may win it since i am the only one bidding. He has other auctions for the at800 that other people have won...so i may ask these people wheter they are real or fake or whatever.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you BlueJeff for bringing this up again. I was very close in bidding one of these DE models to replace my old racquet. Until I see some guinea pigs from BF confirming that radioheady2000 (aka earring1st) is the real deal, I wouldn't put money into his items (or should I say "HER" items since the person is a she, or is it ). However, so far, there is no feedback saying that her items (tennis racquets) are fake. The only negative feedbacks are from the unusually long shipment.

    As one person mentions, the quality of fake AT800 is pretty hard to tell, and one cannot judge the authenticity based on the pictures, so take more time to research before buying.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sent email to this seller. Asking a lot of question(SS#, close up photo of top of the head, grip, shaft etc), she replied but did not answer any of my question except saying that her racket is real.

    I replied back giving link to this thread, telling her she should respond so the people in this forum might be convinced. She replied that she did not have time.

    Than she told me that I can bit on her auction with "buy it now" option for $139 without the shiping cost of $18.

    I found one auction she had without reverse and just tried to bid on it , and what happen was that I was banned bidding on her item.

    This is very fishy. Be carefull guys. I assume that she suspect that I might be able to identified the real AT800 with the fake one, so she would rather not deal with me. I have a perfect ebay feedback afterall.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks guys, i think there are a few people who has outbid me...so no retraction is necessary i think....

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firehorse
    I sent email to this seller. Asking a lot of question(SS#, close up photo of top of the head, grip, shaft etc), she replied but did not answer any of my question except saying that her racket is real.

    I replied back giving link to this thread, telling her she should respond so the people in this forum might be convinced. She replied that she did not have time.

    Than she told me that I can bit on her auction with "buy it now" option for $139 without the shiping cost of $18.

    I found one auction she had without reverse and just tried to bid on it , and what happen was that I was banned bidding on her item.

    This is very fishy. Be carefull guys. I assume that she suspect that I might be able to identified the real AT800 with the fake one, so she would rather not deal with me. I have a perfect ebay feedback afterall.
    Good work!! Sellers that are not willing to answer questions are indeed fishy!!
    Perhaps they know what they are selling and perhaps, they cannot answer the questions.

    $139 and without the shipping cost of $18? that's like winning a lottery in buying AT800 racquets, in the real world this will never happen because that's really no gain of selling UNLESS the racquet is so cheap, as cheap as $50 or under......which means........... you know the word.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now the next item to watch is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3687254947. Right now I have no clue whether the items he is selling is authentic or not, but I remember seeing "TTSport" from somewhere months ago, auctioning badminton items.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    $139 and without the shipping cost of $18? that's like winning a lottery in buying AT800 racquets, in the real world this will never happen because that's really no gain of selling UNLESS the racquet is so cheap, as cheap as $50 or under......which means........... you know the word.
    I won't draw my conclusion just based on the price itself. Various region (i.e. special source) might provide cheaper price. I believe her rackets are SP?

    I mean, there's a person in my club brought back 2 MP99 (TH) for his friends. In US, MP99 is around $170+, but in TH, it's about $105. Of course, I examed them, and both are real.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muteki
    Now the next item to watch is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3687254947. Right now I have no clue whether the items he is selling is authentic or not, but I remember seeing "TTSport" from somewhere months ago, auctioning badminton items.
    I Guess if you take a look at the Paint and compare that to what Antz have elsewhere in the forum (real vs fake at800), it should be the real thing doesn't it. The D is overlapped and the O has both green and red......

    But then again who knows

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I won't draw my conclusion just based on the price itself. Various region (i.e. special source) might provide cheaper price. I believe her rackets are SP?

    I should explain more about it, here it goes:

    I mean, there's a person in my club brought back 2 MP99 (TH) for his friends. In US, MP99 is around $170+, but in TH, it's about $105. Of course, I examed them, and both are real.
    $139-18 is close to $120, and ebay fees, box, labor, tapes, SP rackets shipping to HK ....etc all cost money. UNLESS the seller is an anthorized Yonex dealer who can get the dealer's invoice price. (I used to auction rackets on ebay, so I know ebay fees and miscellaneous fees cost a lot.)

    However, that's not making sense.
    If the seller is selling real ones now, why was he(or she) selling fakes before? and there are other areas (no exchange, no money back because the way of payment is one-way.......) indicating the person is NOT a Yonex authorized dealer.

    Which means, if the person selling real ones, this seller probably got the racquets with retail prices, then, $120 will not be enough to cover the cost, and this eliminates the possiblities that the person is selling real ones from retails.

    So, the seller is not a Yonex dealer, used to sell fakes before, and rackets are not from the retail stores, which leads to the last option - if the rackets are really "cheap", which means fakes, and that's the only option I see now is making sense.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is one thing that may make a difference to radioheady2000, in saying whether she sells real or fake. She is a verified seller with square trade which protects buyer up to $250 if items is deemed to be fake..... does this make any difference at all?

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jez7375
    There is one thing that may make a difference to radioheady2000, in saying whether she sells real or fake. She is a verified seller with square trade which protects buyer up to $250 if items is deemed to be fake..... does this make any difference at all?
    She got that less than 10 days ago, and currently, it's free to join that program. Let's wait and see if she is still in that program after the 30 days.

    "The SquareTrade Seal is only $7.50 per month after your 30 day free trial"

    Guess what, I just tried the square trade, and it says I am qualified to join for free 30 days. So, I guess that the seal doesn't mean much since it's not hard to get.

    Also, it's hard to prove a racquet is a fake racquet without the formal authority, which would be Yonex. Most of people can not distinguish between a real and a fake racquet if they are not familiar with badminton stuff.

    I spent over 3 months on chasing after a fake racquet seller last year, and luckly, I got my money back. I doubt if there are that many buyers having the same patients as I did last year. So, people need to be careful on buying racquets online with unknown sellers....Ask all your questions and do the researches (in here )....otherwise, it's going to be lots of hassle in order to get your money back.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Burnaby, Canada (GVA)
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Report For Fake AT-700

    This is another Fake racket!!!

    You are bidding on a Yonex ARMORTEC 700 JP badminton racquet prestrung with YONEX BG-65 . This racquet has never been used and it has an original plastic wrapped on the handle. This is 100% brand new from the Yonex factory. This racquet is the beginning of a new series that incorporates several new technologies.
    The ArmorTec 700 introduces Yonex's Power Armor System or titanium alloy construction Instead of using conventional graphite and pieces of titanium mesh. Other new technologies includes a new cone design at the handle for switching quickly to backhand and faster after-serve response.

    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney and JKT
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JChang04
    This is another Fake racket!!!

    You are bidding on a Yonex ARMORTEC 700 JP badminton racquet prestrung with YONEX BG-65 . This racquet has never been used and it has an original plastic wrapped on the handle. This is 100% brand new from the Yonex factory. This racquet is the beginning of a new series that incorporates several new technologies.
    The ArmorTec 700 introduces Yonex's Power Armor System or titanium alloy construction Instead of using conventional graphite and pieces of titanium mesh. Other new technologies includes a new cone design at the handle for switching quickly to backhand and faster after-serve response.

    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

    how do u know that its fake??? from the pic, it seems quite real to me.

Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Racket Buying Enquiries (no ebay's or online auction)
    By drifit in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 496
    : 07-21-2014, 11:03 AM
  2. Look this auction on Ebay
    By champion_qh in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
  3. Fake Rackets Ebay Auction Watch
    By bluejeff in forum Market Place
    Replies: 47
    : 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
  4. eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries
    By Dave18 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 10-28-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries
    By Kao-newb in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-28-2004, 11:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •