09-21-2004, 01:27 PM #256Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
09-21-2004, 01:42 PM #257
Looks as though matthewboonstra is still selling the racquets. The Armotec 700 that I almost purchased has 11 bids on it already and ends in 3 hrs.
09-21-2004, 03:55 PM #258Originally Posted by zheyang1977
Last edited by RacketSeller; 09-21-2004 at 04:02 PM.
09-21-2004, 07:15 PM #259
09-23-2004, 06:07 AM #260
Just to update you on the fake Yonex Armortec 800 DF I bought from a UK seller recently. After pointing out that the racquet was fake to the seller and pointing her in the direction of this forum, she refunded my money in full, including P&P and Paypal fees.
I also note that she has withdrawn all her other racquets from sale on Ebay (for now at least).
She strongly protests that she is also a victim and had no idea the racquets were not genuine and I can't say whether that is the truth or not, but actually my gut feeling is that she speaks the truth (but I may be horribly naive!).
Anyway, all that remains is for me to return the racquet to her which I will do as soon as her Paypal payment shows as fully withdrawn to my bank account. I also need to leave feedback but I'll give that more thought I think. She has done the right think after all (in the end). She was certainly very upset with me for pasting her emails on this forum!
The racquet is not only an excellent fake but it's also a pretty damn good racquet! I would have actually paid decent money for it just for what it is, but it is NOT a Yonex Armortec 800 DF.
Anyway, thanks so much for setting up this thread....I've come out of this one without a huge loss of cash, thanks to you guys - particulary RobinHood47!
Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
09-23-2004, 07:03 AM #261Originally Posted by bluejeff
this guy got knocked by http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7103433503 several times, should someone tell him that he is getting conned??
09-23-2004, 09:29 AM #262Originally Posted by lovelyleese
I think you are too nice of a person. Whether her story is true or not, you are the real victim in this case:
1. She might not know the truth, but her action (selling on ebay) is actually help fakes to spread out, as well as generate profit for herself.
2. She's upset about being named and email being shown in the public. Well, if she did not sell the fake at the 1st place, nothing will happen. Showing her name and email in this forum, is much better than showing all these in front of police and yonex lawyer later on.
3. A fake is a fake. I don't care how good it made, how $$$ worth it could be. One thing for sure is - FAKE, without any warranty from any manufacture. It might look good, and even serve u well at this point, but if u only find out it actually breaks in 2 week, or cracked on next string job, u will surely get upset.
4. I am more than willing to believe she's a victim as well, but have to say, that's her case against her distributor. If the story is true, wish her the best luck to solve her own problem. But you definitely should not feel sorry for her, as in your own case, you are the one get screwed up, not her.
5. Wait for $$$ transaction to be cleared before ship back the racket. Make sure take pictures and save emails for record.
09-23-2004, 09:35 AM #263Originally Posted by vienly
09-23-2004, 10:56 AM #264
ok i've been looking around for a mp99 and came across this on ebay
does anybody know why he is selling it for so cheap? (£10 + £15 shipping)
"why are your yonex mp99 so cheap? are they fakes?"
our rackets are OEM products, not fakes,thanx
whats he mean by OEM, no packageing?
09-23-2004, 11:19 AM #265
im asking this because im thinking of buying it, but for some reason a part of me is telling me this is a fake.... anybody help me out on this?
09-23-2004, 11:31 AM #266Originally Posted by vienly
09-23-2004, 11:38 AM #267
lol fair enough.... seemed like a bargain though!
09-23-2004, 12:05 PM #268Originally Posted by vienly
09-23-2004, 12:36 PM #269
Hi, I'm new here.
Someone from here sent me an email, which saved me from buying a fake
racket on ebay. Thanks guys!
09-23-2004, 12:46 PM #270Originally Posted by vienly
That fake racket above is just too poor in quality, just by a one second peek, I already found the font in the shaft is not correct, the color is weird, the paint near cone is incorrect.
09-23-2004, 01:59 PM #271
can any one give me some suggestion on this?
09-23-2004, 02:58 PM #272Originally Posted by vienly
2. Look at his other items, things like Ti-301, 501, 601, etc... I don't think any of these models really exist.
3. OEM racket is the most used "excuse" in CHN market, when buyers question about the "fake".
By drifit in forum Identify Fake RacketReplies: 414: 05-19-2013, 10:27 AM
By champion_qh in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 7: 02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
By bluejeff in forum Market PlaceReplies: 47: 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
By Dave18 in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 0: 10-28-2004, 10:04 PM
By Kao-newb in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 1: 10-28-2004, 11:07 AM