Lin Dan's latest match in the Chinese Super League.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by lippro, Dec 18, 2013.

1. lippro

lippro Regular Member

Here's some Lin Dan action for his fans, 11-point game system, but interesting nonetheless. Looks like Lin Dan added some tape to the head and T-joint of his new/prototype racket, it seems to suit him well with his refined control game now. Lin Dan didn't seem too serious, but he did show some new beautiful and deadly slice- net push combinations. Really looking forward to seeing him play in 2014.

[video=youtube;X1NNjkySo0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NNjkySo0w[/video]

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks,lippro, for posting the video.Also very appreciative of Lin Chong Wei for all his videos on Youtube.

The score Lin Dan vs Liu Ming (any info, biodata on him?) is 9-11, 11-2 and 11-5. Lin Dan lost the 1st set mainly due to his unforced errors before he tightened up his game to take the next two sets convincingly.

Personally, I can't help but have a feeling that Lin Dan may be pushing it a bit too far this time by taking another six months break or so from international competition immediately after the historic World Championship victory which itself came after nearly a year's layoff. We shall see when he finally resumes active competition sometime next year as he said he would, probably end February or early March but definitely after the winter training (in January) and the Chinese (Lunar) New Year.

Rumour has it that his wife is expecting and for someone whose top priority now is his family, we can be sure where his mind lies even more so when his firstborn arrives.

Honestly, I still don't quite understand what really motivates and keeps him going as he has won everything there is not just once but a few times over, been there and done that so often and has virtually no more peaks to conquer - a 3rd Olympic gold may be the only one left apart from wanting to win the super league for BAYI ( a team goal which doesn't depend on him alone).

He was sometime ago (a couple months back) reported to have said that upon returning to his hometown in Longyan, Fujian province, he once saw his relatives sitting together watching his Beijing 2008 Olympic heroics and a sense of national pride welled up in him and he immediately felt that's what he wanted to carry on doing, bringing glory and honour to his nation. Wish him great success and happiness. All the best.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hi moderators, allow me to repeat my request here for the 2013 CBSL thread opened by RedShuttle to be moved to the 2014 Tournament thread and perhaps amend the title to 2013-2014 Chinese Badminton Super League, for the sake of relevancy and continuity. Thank you in advance.

4. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I see LD's (gross) habit of blowing his nose on the side of the court and wiping it with his hands is still very prominent :p.

Liu Ming played a decent match, but from his movements you could really tell he was pushing himself to the physical limits to match LD's pace. Just from the intensity at which Liu Ming moved you'd think his life depended on the match. It was nice to see him keep up with LD and even take a set off him. Even in the face of a superior opponent who has won everything in the game, you still fight and try to challenge him and make him beat you rather than you beating yourself.

Now, we've already been witness to how fast LD can train to get himself match fit when properly motivated (World Championships 2013). The motivation and drive is his biggest determining factor now. I wonder what 2014 has in store for Lin Dan.

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, LD target for now beside 2016 OG Gold Medal, are to win All England, WC, Asean Games, basically all of the Holy Grail titles in Badminton as well as SC & TC provided he is selected to the team so as to make his achievement as unbeatable as possible, which at the end will bring glory to his nation.