Shoulder/Back Injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by birdbird, Dec 20, 2013.

1. birdbird

birdbird Regular Member

Hey all,

My injury location is hard to describe, but it's slightly to the left and below my right shoulder blade (approximately). I'm right handed.

I've been playing for quite a while (at least 4 years I'd say), and this injury started a few months ago, probably September or October. I've never had this injury before.

What happens is sometimes when I'm swinging, the "area" that I described hurts. I say sometimes because it doesn't happen on every overhead shot I hit. When I play lifts drives, etc nothing happens. Just sometimes when I play clears, smashes and drops does it happen.

Does anyone know what's causing this and has anyone had this before? I've attached an image showing where I think the injury is (approximately, as I'm not entirely sure).

Thanks.

a.jpg

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It is hard to be sure of anything with an on-line description.

But, to generalize, it is quite common these days for folks to have weak muscles around their shoulder blades. We do so much in front of us that the muscles that pull the shouldblades back and keep them stable get stretched and weak. Then, when we move our shoulder about playing badminton, the poor ol' scapula is sliding about and tugging at those weak muscles that were supposed to be taut guy wires.

This may not be your exact problem. But I would suggest that you seek a physiotherapist or qualified trainer of some sort and have them examine you. The cure might be as straightforward as a few postural exercises.

Good luck! :)

PS That is a busy busy anatomical picture. (Ahh, cheers to the glorious but oft overlooked anconeus muscle!) :rolleyes:

3. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

Yeah,go see a physio-therapist.I had no problems like that even when I was a kid in some training program.However,that happens to me now after my shoulder problem,once in a blue moon.I rest a few days,it disappeares.I've tried many dietary supplements,so far,I find that resting and nutritious meals help and massages help too.Do more warm ups and cool downs help as well.A good stretch greatly reduce uncomfort as well.I think you're doing just fine.am I right,guys.

#3 beermonstertw, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013