What's your badminton age?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by beermonstertw, Dec 21, 2013.

1. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

How would you interpret your badminton age?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

What do you mean, exactly? :confused:

How long one has been playing badminton?
    How mature one is one court in shot selection or manners?

Or perhaps you mean how old is the youngest kid that can kick your butt?

(In all cases, unfortunately, I'm 10 badminton years old! :(;))

3. beermonstertw

Good points there,Fidget.

I started at age eleven;there were twenty to fourty training hours per week.There were fourty to sixty hours per week at grage eight and grade nine.That was five to six good years training.After that I play socially and not so serious college leagues.It's been almost three decades now.I travel a bit,I carry my gear with me,I meet people/players.I have been to New Zealand and Canada only.They have different styles.I'm not talking about asian immigrants,they are strong,I mean the players ingeneral.Sometimes,it gets me thinking.It's a game,you get a good work out on courts,you enjoy competition.It's a life,you know everything about the gears and the rules,you talk to many people you get to know them,you develop manners like a player.It's a community responsibility,by being a player,you're responsible for your teams and clubs and your the sports community locally.What is your badminton age then?You act like a father in front of your beloved kids because you are responsible.Some may not have been trained on the courts but they got wisdom.Lots fo people start thread and say that they're not really good players but have their own opinions.Well,if you put a scale on it they're way mature than they really are.So,what's your badminton age?Am I spending too much time on Star Trek?Am I trying to creat a time that doesn't exist?:):D:eek::eek:

4. wilsontan

wilsontan Regular Member

sportshop retailer / badminton coach
    think this game play untill u old .. :p

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    40-60 hours per week training? Did you go to a badminton school? I am a mere youngster compared to you.

BTW, I love playing in different places around the world. So interesting to observe different styles.

6. wilsontan

wilsontan Regular Member

sportshop retailer / badminton coach
    8.5 hours training aday.. haha. just like working :p

7. beermonstertw

Yeah,we lived in a dorm.Programs started at six by doing 3k jogging,drills and finished at ten with one hour studying session.Saturdays were included,half the Sundays and all summer times.Some like to study until very late at night.Facilities were well supplied.I mean things about badminton.Yeah,we had a very productive childhood.People here like to ask this,What is your badminton age/how long have you been doing badminton?It's just a question that people ask a lot.When you travel a bit that makes you think,eh?Doing badminton is more like having a life.There must be something to measure to "weight" a player.Maybe,there isn't.

8. beermonstertw

We went regular junior high,in the pre-PE college class

9. beermonstertw

Never had a chance to talk with people around the globe,thanks to internet and thank youKwun.