Experiences on Hi-Tec Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by schrumpl, Feb 13, 2004.

1. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

hello all.

i'm an intermediate club-player with about 5-6 h badminton/week. my current shoe is the asic "gel hunter" which is very light, good grip but poor cushioning. i also testet the yonex shb 95 but they also lack in cushion.
    so my question:
    has anybody experiences with the hi-tec adrenalin "elite 500:3" or "pro 400:3" because i heard that they should have very good cushion but poor grip because of the new sole-design.
    if anybody can compare both or one of these with asics or yonex shoes i would be very thankful.

ms

2. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

just a picture of the hi-tecs:

Attached Files:

3. Traum

Traum Regular Member

From the way the shoe looked in the picture, it seems like the Hi-Tec shoe has a pretty high sole. That might make it prone to rolling over your ankle.

Of course, the verdict can only be handed out when you try the shoe out.

-Rick

4. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

it seems like the Hi-Tec shoe has a pretty high sole

that's the same i thought first. but many professional squash players and also some (british) badminton pros wear these shoes so it would be curious that they develop a bad shoe.

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I have exactly the same shoes as Freeheeler has , i have mixed reviews about them:

+better than previous Hi-tec shoes for feel (previous models I felt were too elevated, so felt awkward to use, and more tendency to turn your ankle with improper movement

+they apear lighter than previous shoes, especially in the toe area. This may be due to the fact they dont use leather padding, and use light nylon material instead of a heavier plastic they used in previous shoes.

+-general feel I thought was good. I think more comfortable than the yonex 89 i had before, but less feel on the ground.

-the plastic wear bar on the toe isn't strong enough, or big enough, and the surrounding nylon area mentioned earlier isn't too strong either (Had for two months, and has worn through)

I must say however I do tend to wear out shoes very quicly, as I seem to drag my toe a lot more, I also play a lot, so this could explain the time that it has taken to wear out shoe.

The Percieved elevation also may be the same, but possibly my movement may be more consistent and proper (nah!) so the may explain why I think it is better than their (hitec) previous efforts for feel. However they need to keep the durability of their previous efforts as well (although this may inevitably lead to becoming heavier )

Overall for me, good comfortable, but needs reinforcement. I intend to get a leather patch sewn on. Will let you know how this goes.

pasted from this thread:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sh...erpage=25&highlight=hi tec shoes&pagenumber=2

6. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

jamesd20 i think you are talking about this shoe:

Attached Files:

7. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

by the way a picture of the "elite 500:3" in action...

Attached Files:

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Yeah ooops, And I mentioned about how they used to be. That is the style sole that they used to be made in. Even though they are a new shoe, and they have (for me) similar problems, High heel, easy to turn your ankle on, heavy, but durable, and very comfortable. I still used mine to wear for walking, and relaxing, as they are very comfortable.

About the grip, I think they are fine, but you need to break the surface of the rubber first, as initially they are bit stiff and slippery in the sole.

9. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

thanks for your opinions jamesd20.
    at least i found a dealer selling hi-tecs so i will try (and maybe buy) some next week.
    my own experiences will follow...

10. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Come to think of it, is there any particular reason why you are not considering Yonex SHB-89?

-Rick

11. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

i don't really like the yonex and their poor cushioning at all. maybe because my main sport before badminton was basketball and i got used to the well cushioned basketball-shoes. i also played first with some nike bb-shoes in low cut style but they aren't reinforced on the toes and didn't last therefore long.

12. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    schrumpl I had a pair of adrenaline pros before too before they wore out. I agree with you the cushioning is better in the Hi-tec shoes as my pair of yonex now are much harder. But what I have found in the yonex is that the wider sole at the front (what they called "ergoshape") is more comfortable for lunges.