Is Muscle Power the Arcsaber's predecessor?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by PinkDawg, Dec 23, 2013.

1. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

My coach owns a Muscle Power 99 racket. Many players have said that I have a similar playing style to my coach, so I tried to find a Muscle Power racket, or even a Mighty Muscle (Winex) racket that would be similar. No local dealers sell them.
    I recently broke a Winex on my friend's head (it was unfortunate for both of us), just as I began to love it, so I am looking for a new racket. I figured there had to be a similar series to Muscle Power, so I looked at Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash and saw it was balanced-head-heavy, stiff, and powerful.
    However, I wanted to stick with Winex, so I looked for the similar design and named racket. Aero Rapier Z-Dagger (http://shop.badmintonversand.de/shop/images/product_images/popup_images/1941_0.jpg) has the same design (it's almost exact, really.) and it's stiff, and has similar specifications to the ArcSaber Z-slash. My questions are:
    1) Is it bad to choose a racket based on my playing style?
    2) Is it too much to relate the Muscle Power to Arcsaber and ArcSaber to Z-Dagger to choose a racket? Thanks.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

1) No
    2) You can say one range might supersede another, but that doesn't mean there will be a racket in the new range that will play just like one from the older range.