Old bird, just saying hello

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kelvin, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Hello badminton community.

Long time no chat, with a lot of you.
    I trust you're all still having smashing success with your badminton, whether it be leisurely, or competitive play.

I noticed a lot of new posters on here, just browsing the site, and also have been keeping up with Jonas' updates, and it's great to see how this website has grown Kwun.

Anyways, for those of you who dont know me... "hello"

For those of you who do, I've relocated to Toronto, ON.

Smash Sports Supplies is not running right now, as I sold out of equipment, and my employee had been over worked, yet well paid LOL.
    But, when I get some time again, I wouldn't mind stringing racquets for people again... but there are some great stringers in Calgary as it is... Cooler, Ken, Garry...
    I know you guys read the forums lol.
    Just thought I'd do a little shameless plug for you. :)

As for me, I have not played badminton in a long time, and just started again yesterday. Have been so busy with other things in life, I noticed I was missing out on part of it, by not playing enough baddy :p
    So for that I feel bad lol.

After not playing for darn near a year and a half, possibly 2 years now, I noticed personally my skills have obviously deteriorated, but I seem to be taking a different approach to the game which I had not before... and it's more of a mental game for me, as the physical component seems to be there, with court movement, and well... the technique I will have to polish up again, but I dont think it would take too long.

What I am wondering is if anyone else on here, has stopped playing for a while, and noticed any negative or positive effects on their game at all??

:) Might as well pose some what of a question while reintroducing myself to the badminton community lol.

Oh btw, badrad, viver, i'll have to visit you guys during the summer or something lol... it seems I went in the opposite direction when relocating in the country. :p

Still haven't been able to meet Kwun yet, although I am planning to head to the western US later on in the year... hope you're not off galavanting around somewhere lol.

To our friend in HK... Cheung. How are things? Have you been able to take baby out onto the court yet? :D

Cooler... what can I say, excellent article on racquet measurements there, as dedicated and as technical as ever. :)

In any event... I'm just announcing I'm returning to both chatting with you guys here on the forum, and that I will be playing badminton again on a more regular basis, and hope to meet some more new friends here in Ontario's badminton community.

Still got some plans, for baddy... like a ladder if anyone is interested.

Oh one last thing... Rloi, where did you go??? LOL

Take care, folks and I look forward to getting involved in some discussions some more. :)
    -Kelvin

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome back, Kelvin. Nice to make your acquaintance. Oh, did you need a racket, by the way? I'm (lackadaisically) selling my Ti-SP SS-flex, if you do.

-dave

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome back Kelvin. I'm Ants , hope to hear more from you.

4. viver

viver Regular Member

Hi Kelvin,

I thought you were lost somewhere in Asia :eek: Welcome back. You know, it might be a good idea to go to the Introduction Forum and introduce yourself (again) to the newer folks here :D

From time to time we are forced to leave the badminton courts for a while as some other priorities may arise. I stopped playing at one time for about 5 years - professional and family issues. In the first month I chose to play with the ladies but was so badly beaten by them that I wanted to hang my racquet up. It took me a month before starting to get even with them. So my friend, the only advice I would offer is patience. Go with your pace and slowly get your skills back. You'd be welcome to Vancouver and we can help you a bit to regain your skills too. Badrad will gladly show you his backhand and how to do it.

Again, welcome back and hope to hear from you more often.

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    That's where you disappear to?

Welcome back...anytime you are out on the West, give us old floggies a shout although right now, I am working out of Victoria (commuting home on the weekends).

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's nice a see a legend coming back to the community. Looking forward to get some useful information from you again.

This is a greeting from a fairly "new" BFer... ;)

7. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    welcome back dude