User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

cool. i will try that.

i ended up getting a new one. i tried contacting WISE and got no response. and i had a pile of client rackets piled up.

looks like i will open it up and see if something can be done. if so, i may just fix it and sell the old one for cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    cool. i will try that.

i ended up getting a new one. i tried contacting WISE and got no response. and i had a pile of client rackets piled up.

looks like i will open it up and see if something can be done. if so, i may just fix it and sell the old one for cheap.
    You didn't get a reply back from them as well, Kwun? Looks like I'm not the only one... =( it's been close to 2 weeks now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could it be that there is no more customer service since mr.wise passed away? or has someone else on this forum received service since then? it would be kind of bad if theyre continuously selling machines with "warranty" on them but not provide service right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know how long you've had your WISE kwun? I have just recently ticked over my 600th with the WISE at just a wee bit over 21 months with it.

Hopefully there's no "shelf-life" on the WISE. I've loved every single bit of it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to ckyew, since January 2012 I've done 772 string jobs with my Wise. I've been very pleased with the craftsmanship and value out of this device.

Kwun, if you do decide to open up the wise 2086, can i make request of putting up a video of disassembly and reassembly of the machine? I'm keep reading about a mechanism they put if you open up the machine. A picture would help out a lot in the event my machine needs servicing.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ckyew View Post
    Do you know how long you've had your WISE kwun? I have just recently ticked over my 600th with the WISE at just a wee bit over 21 months with it.

Hopefully there's no "shelf-life" on the WISE. I've loved every single bit of it.
    504 stringjobs only.

which when averaged out, means that it cost me around $1 per stringjob. i guess not that biggie, but i had hope for it to last much longer.

and of course that also means that anyone who is anywhere near professional should forget about the WISE as they will probably go through that amount in a couple of months.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    To add to ckyew, since January 2012 I've done 772 string jobs with my Wise. I've been very pleased with the craftsmanship and value out of this device.

Kwun, if you do decide to open up the wise 2086, can i make request of putting up a video of disassembly and reassembly of the machine? I'm keep reading about a mechanism they put if you open up the machine. A picture would help out a lot in the event my machine needs servicing.
    yes. at least photos. and i will attempt a video but as a re-do after i figure out what is going on inside.

might be a little while though as i have been crazy busy lately.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    yes. at least photos. and i will attempt a video but as a re-do after i figure out what is going on inside.

might be a little while though as i have been crazy busy lately.
    Thanks Kwun! I realized my post had some very poor an incoherent grammar and incomplete sentences. My apologies.

What i meant was that other threads discussed a security mechanism inside the Wise2086 if it is opened up (I think @Tedski has opened it up in the past).

A picture/video of said security mechanism would be helpful to the DIY'ers as a last resort should Wise customer service be unable to help with servicing the machine.

Take your time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No video but pictures before Kwun can make a video, hope it might help.
    ftp://mail.im.tku.edu.tw/Prof_Liang/...vice%20DIY.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it might help before Kwun make a video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcliang View Post
    No video but pictures before Kwun can make a video, hope it might help.
    This needs to be stickied somehow! Big Thank you. Putting this into my DropBox permanently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this post! I had to do a repair on my Wise, a part for the 3.5 mm switch broke but it's all good now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    This needs to be stickied somehow! Big Thank you. Putting this into my DropBox permanently.
    Can someone repost this PDF. I recently picked up a WISE and it would be very useful when i need it.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2