Semi-ISO racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by decoy, Dec 25, 2013.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I've been looking at getting a semi-ISO for a while now and I'm wondering if anybody could help me with finding some. I think I know most of the big named ones that are popular but I might be missing some. I like head heavy racquets with a medium stiff shaft, not mid flex but like 3.5/5 or 4/5 if I had to quantify it.
    Anyway it looks like my main options would be z speed, z force is too stiff so not that. The other option I know of is the n80? I think that it's semi ISO but I'm not sure about that one. Does anybody else know of any head heavy semi-ISO racquets regardless of brand.

2. milton

milton Regular Member

I love semi iso rackets atm. The z slash may your perfect option. Although the shaft is stiff the head heaviness means it easy to flex and generate power. Its extremely fast as the small head meant for me it was the perfect balance of power/speed. If you have good enough technique to hit the sweetspot 99% of the time its great. To see if you like the headshape you could try the apacs z slayer which is medium flex but even balance. I found this racket fast but lacking power and solid feel due to low headweight .Adding lead tape made it too flexible but the frame shape and stringing pattern is the same as yy.

I tried the new apacs zig zag speed which has the same shape as yy z speed. Its flexible/head heavy but doesnt have the SBZ technology to increase power. Havent played with it much yet but is fast and feels nice although paint quality isnt great. There are plenty of reviews of the yy z speed on bc but it sounds too dampened.

Finally ive tried the z force. Its great for offense and if you have really strong muscles and technique but it made my game slower. I have also got the victor bravesword 15 on order which has the same specs as you want and gosen ryoga shiden you could look at.

#2 milton, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Thanks for that. That one post was more than I expected from the whole thread! I think the BS15 and the shiden are probably the most up my alley, thanks.

4. milton

milton Regular Member

Previously i played with oval yy cab 20 so found adjusting to the smaller/ semi iso frames fairly easy but you do have to put a bit of time in to be able to use these. If my bs 15 arrives any time soon il also add a review of that too.

5. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

n80 isn't semi iso.

6. Jurong

Jurong Regular Member

you could try the Rkep Pro X70 from Eric who is a BC member.
    He's ebay store is squash_mart.
    This racquet has all the specs that you are looking for.

7. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

XP70 also isn't semi iso.

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Look at Carlton and Mizuno for semi iso.

9. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Tried the TC700? Fleet woven 1000 third gen has a nice feel too.