Replacement Grip As An OverGrip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by LoneRanger, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    Is it possible to use a Replacement Grip as an OverGrip?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    you could virtually use any grip as an overgrip.

if you use a replacement grip as an overgrip, your grip will be really thick. the reason being that it has more cushion. also, your replacement grip will have double sided tape on it, and if you don't want to ruin your original grip, you will need to strip the double sided tape off first before gripping it on top of your original grip. lastly, replacement grips tend to be more expensive because it's suppose to last longer than normal overgrips.

3. LoneRanger

Student
    Thanks for the advice. But how am I suppose to strip off the double sided tape from my replacement grip without it losing its adhesive backing? Will it still be able to wrap onto my stock grip without falling off? [MENTION=39250]gundamzaku[/MENTION]

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yes, it will stay on!

in regards to stripping the ahesive strip to the back of the replacement grip, you just gotta be patient and use your fingernail to peel it off slowly. and just because it loses adhesiveness doesn't mean your grip won't stay on. how else would any of the overgrip stay on since none of them has adhesive to the back.

it will stay on because you can grip it the same way you grip an overgrip, just that you need more strength to stretch the replacement grip since it's much thicker. when you grip it, make sure that you stretch it a little so that it grabs onto the handle just a bit so there is no gap between the replacement grip and the handle. then at the end, use grip tape which your replacement grip should come with one, they all do, and sometimes the replacement grip even comes with a wide rubberband to go around the handle after you grip tape it :)

hope this helps!

5. LoneRanger

Student
    Thanks again. I use a 'Karakal BN60' and its grip is small, like really small. Its a little smaller than Yonex G5 grip size which id the smallest they make. So if I feel like after remov

6. LoneRanger

Student
    Removing the adhesive backing makes it too thin, is it possible to wrap it in without peeling off the adhesive backing but instead leave the plastic grip wrap that comes stock with the racket on?

7. LoneRanger

Student
    Screenshot_2014-02-16-00-33-55.jpg Screenshot_2014-02-16-00-33-55.jpg

Yayayayayyayayyayay