User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    hell, the last time I bought from directsportseshop, they didn't even give the £12 coupon option. so it is much more rational to get the stringing service.
    maybe it changed over time

it is kinda funny that UK players want to have their high end racket with string in it.
    it means:
    string on a racket meaning the racket needs to hold the tension even before they are being played, for months even years. which means it will weaken the grommet.
    when being left for months, 20-22lbs will go down to 16-18lbs.. which is really bad considering they are paying for high end racket. plus it makes them looks quite clueless even thought they buy a high end racket, they still cannot find the right tension for them

of course, all of the above might be wrong if actually the seller is responsible for your factory string. that means Yonex will supply the BG65Ti, and then when the buyer opted for factory string, the seller will string it for you

because in the directsportseshop, they said it is either use factory string OR get £12 voucher. I am still not sure why I cannot get the £12 voucher if I choose factory string

I will inquire about this to directsportseshop now

Yea i think you should enquire about this!

But no I highly doubt that directsports are the ones who will string your factory string, as I have been to stores like greaves sports who sell high end yonex rackets

They all come prestrung with BG65Ti in the store and would probably be sitting there for years on end maybe.

Most of the time I have restring for people who have high end rackets who are or average-intermediate level they have no idea what tension they would choose and I would have to suggest one for their style

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is no reply.. yet

This is what I wrote to Direct Sports:

I looked into your selection of Yonex rackets and I am confused regarding the re-stringing service
    I am looking at the Nanoray 700RP and wondering, what is the string and the tension of the factory string?
    If I opted the factory string, will the string tension lower than what you described since it is in the warehouse for long time?
    and lastly, If I select the factory string, why I cannot get the free £12 voucher? what happened if I choose to get the £12 voucher instead of factory string?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea good idea, I cannot understand why you never got it!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[QUOTE]

Thank you for your email.

This racket is factory strung in Yonex BG 65 TI to around 21lbs. This should hold true if you were to purchase one from us which has been in our warehouse. The tension only really drops when the racket is played with. The offer regarding the string up-grade and the voucher is on an either/or basis, you cannot have both.

You either have the re-string, or you have a £12.00 reduction from the cost of another item.

Kind Regards

Direct Sports[/QUOTE]

they are not really answering my question?

my reply to them:

Thank you for the reply.

I am still confused regarding the stringing option. There are 3 options in the box:
    1. getting factory string
    2. voucher £12
    3. free re-stringing (with string and tension of my choice).

What I really want to know is that:
    1. if I am getting the factory string, why I cannot get the £12 voucher? since Direct sports does not need to re-string my racket anymore.

2. if number 1 is wrong, does that means Direct Sports is the one who will re-string my racket with factory string and tension? I am from Indonesia (Studying in the UK right now) and all of Yonex high end rackets in Indonesia are without strings. that is why I am confused with this factory string thing.

Last edited by Avenger; 01-23-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably would be easier if you phoned them! Haha

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by henrychenn View Post
    Probably would be easier if you phoned them! Haha
    I am not in the UK anymore. right now I am in Indonesia. it will cost me an arm and a leg to phone them (it is so expensive to do an international call from Indonesia)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I am not in the UK anymore. right now I am in Indonesia. it will cost me an arm and a leg to phone them (it is so expensive to do an international call from Indonesia)
    VOIP calls UK for free lol

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hi, sorry I am very busy in the past few days
    the email came to me yesterday:

If you wish to leave your racket factory strung and benefit from the £12.00 voucher, please simply select the “Free Voucher Worth - 12.00 GBP.” This automatically rules out the re-string so your racket will be sent to you with the factory strings. If the racket of your choice comes to us un-strung, we will just use some standard strings to an average tension.
    Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further queries
    so yeah, choose the £12 voucher and you will get the racket with factory string
    so it is concluded, high end Yonex racket with UK code will have string on it (factory string, BG65Ti) @21lbs
    still not sure if they are the one who will string it for you or from the Yonex itself. but I assume it will be from Yonex itself

maybe different region has different taste. which is quite strange for me.. as I am most definitely gonna cut the string straigth away, put BG66UM @23-24lbs / Zymax62 @22lbs, then take off the grip and put RKEP powermaster grip or Karakal replacement grip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2