Voltric 80 Peter Gade fake or real?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by PeterGade99, Dec 26, 2013.

1. PeterGade99

PeterGade99 Regular Member

racket model: Yonex Voltric 80 Peter Gade Limited Edition
    shaft serial: 4058947
    cone code : 210132FR
    source : Badminton-sportshop
    Price : £149.99

Attached Files:

• 096.jpg
      096.jpg
      File size:
      46.8 KB
      Views:
    • 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      40.4 KB
      Views:
    • 098.jpg
      098.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
    • 099.jpg
      099.jpg
      File size:
      55.8 KB
      Views:
    • 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      44.1 KB
      Views:
    • 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      42.8 KB
      Views:
  2. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Original dude.. dont worry..

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    it is genuine, don't worry :)
    and omg.. it is so gorgeous..

4. PeterGade99

5. PeterGade99

thanks for letting me know. I just have one question. the voltric 80 is supposed to be head heavy. it's just, I can't really feel the head heavy in the racket head that much. is this normal?]

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yeah it's like that. I tried my friends genuine Voltric 80 PG it feels like that.

7. PeterGade99

Are you 100% sure? I also noticed after a few good hits with it, the yonex logo on the strings started to fade away quickly, by the end of the game, there wasn't a logo anymore

8. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    its normal dude,u expect the stencil to be there forever? of course it's gonna fade,ESPECIALLY WHEN U R HITTING ON IT!

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    stencil will not gonna last forever (it is just a string with ink on it..). and high end racket does not come with string. usually your seller will string it for you (some do it for free and usually with set it at 20-23lbs). they will also be the one who do the stencil / logo for you
    so it is not Yonex's fault if the logo on your string fade. it will always gonna be like that

*I never asked my stringer to put logo on my string. it will make the string dull

10. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    actually this is not true

European territories of high end Yonex distribution coded rackets (such as UK, FR, GR, etc) all come pre strung with BG-65Ti at about 20-22 lbs and stenciled.

because the factory strings are the BG-65Ti, expect the stencil to fade away quicker due to the Ti coating

the stencil will last longer if it was spray on BG-66UM or other non slip textured strings

Patrick Park Li likes this.
  11. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I lived in the UK before, and as far as I know, ALL of the website that I saw offering free restringing. that is such a pity that Yonex wasted a lot of money on restringing their racket.. maybe another member can verify if Yonex really strung their high end racket in Europe.

maybe you misread what I wrote: only low end type racket (such as nanoray 20, or arcsaber 002) that usually is pre-strung
    all of high end racket such as arcsaber 10, VT80 will come without string.
    Yonex will not gonna waste their money on string since they know almost all high end racket buyers will gonna cut it straight away and upgrade it with better string and with their tightness preferences (better player will see 20-22lbs is really low esp when the racket has been there for months even years.)

and I am saying "it will not last forever" which means someday, soon or later it will gone (in PeterGade99's case, it is sooner).
    if the buyer played with it straight away without waiting for the ink to dry, then the chance of the ink fade away is really big

12. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

I bought a few UK coded rackets from eBay and got it shipped to Canada due to being sold cheap.

NR700RP, VT80 as well as the VTZF

all three came prestrung with BG65Ti and stenciled with red YY logo.

though I am not sure if the older rackets were prestrung cine the three rackets I bought were release of recently.

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

just curious, how do you know the rackets were pre-strung but not by the sellers?

14. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I do not know. But most stringers will not go the extra mile to stencil your racket except if you are sponsored.

also according to Paul Steward review of the VFZF, it also came prestrung
    (At first I thought Ingot a fake UK coded VTZF lol)

15. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    All UK High End rackets come pre-strung, if you purchase from any website such as directsportseshop or tennis nuts, you'll see it says the rackets already come pre-strung, you can either get a custom restring or £12 off etc.

This is just what happens in the UK, not sure about the whole of Europe but for Asian countries they come unstrung

This is probably due to there being more players of higher standards in these countries which would never play with the 20-22lbs factory string and would get it restrung with their string and tension etc.

Whereas in the UK when players buy them, a lot of them buy them because they want a high end racket and would use the strings already on them

Patrick Park Li likes this.
  16. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Exactly. And it applies to certain other European territories as well. All of the ones I own that has an European distribution code comes prestrung with BG-65Ti

and yes, in Asian and North American territories, all Yonex high end rackets comes unstrung.

17. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    hell, the last time I bought from directsportseshop, they didn't even give the £12 coupon option. so it is much more rational to get the stringing service.
    maybe it changed over time

it is kinda funny that UK players want to have their high end racket with string in it.
    it means:
    string on a racket meaning the racket needs to hold the tension even before they are being played, for months even years. which means it will weaken the grommet.
    when being left for months, 20-22lbs will go down to 16-18lbs.. which is really bad considering they are paying for high end racket. plus it makes them looks quite clueless even thought they buy a high end racket, they still cannot find the right tension for them

of course, all of the above might be wrong if actually the seller is responsible for your factory string. that means Yonex will supply the BG65Ti, and then when the buyer opted for factory string, the seller will string it for you

because in the directsportseshop, they said it is either use factory string OR get £12 voucher. I am still not sure why I cannot get the £12 voucher if I choose factory string

I will inquire about this to directsportseshop now

#17 Avenger, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  18. henrychenn

Student

Yea i think you should enquire about this!

But no I highly doubt that directsports are the ones who will string your factory string, as I have been to stores like greaves sports who sell high end yonex rackets

They all come prestrung with BG65Ti in the store and would probably be sitting there for years on end maybe.

Most of the time I have restring for people who have high end rackets who are or average-intermediate level they have no idea what tension they would choose and I would have to suggest one for their style

19. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    There is no reply.. yet

This is what I wrote to Direct Sports:

20. henrychenn

Student
    Yea good idea, I cannot understand why you never got it!