User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    I used to like simple colors like white and grey. Recently, just started to love bright colors, such as yellow or orange.

Earned a new nickname "Mr. Orange" in my club. Not sure I got this because of my shirt or my body shape....
    I think its the shirts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cappy75
    Maybe that's why white is the official mandatory colour for private clubs and some tournaments. Taking away potential distraction and placing everybody on a level playing field.
    I'm surprised you said this. It used to be mandatory for IBF tournaments in the past but has now given way to real colours and attractive designs. The dull white does not have a great following. Yes, the IBF has to compete with the likes of tennis and table-tennis for popular TV coverage so not to lose its standing in world sports.

It is also a good identity tool to distinguish team players from different countries. As a matter of fact, the same team must wear the same colours different from their opponents'.

I would have thought that a darker coloured shirt would provide a fairer playing background for players as this contrasts better against the white shuttle feathers than a white shirt.

Having said that most of my shirts are either white, biege or part blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the usual mix of whites along with various coloured shirts. However of late I've tended to match teh shirt to the colour of my hair for the ultimate in co-ordination. At the moment my hair is red, but I like to change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye, i remember about 6 / 7 years ago, when i first line judged the grand slam tournament in lancashire - i remember thinking how intimidating the players in black carlton shirts and shorts were..

i think the same still applies here - it does have an effect, but it shouldn't it will only effect the players who are mentally weak (like me )

i've recently bought the blue with green trim yonex shirts and a black with red trim inflight shirt, and discovered it's more about how these shirts feel when i'm playing that makes a difference - i can't see th colours when i'm playing. but the shirts feel light and airy and aren't heavy like the old cotton shirts that i wear for training in...

Neil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ants
    I think its the shirts
    Thnx...

That's what I believe, too... Hmmm... at least, try to make myself believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've heard, darker colours are more dominating. Black and blue are the colours that win. Red doesn't win. People were discussing this when the topic of our track suits was brought up because one of the coaches wanted red on them.

Obviously, the whole colour issue doesn't make a difference if the skills are too far apart, but I think it may be the whole "psychological aspect."

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Phil
    From what I've heard, darker colours are more dominating. Black and blue are the colours that win. Red doesn't win. People were discussing this when the topic of our track suits was brought up because one of the coaches wanted red on them.
    Phil
    I don't know about this, but in English Football, the most dominant clubs in the domestic league and cups had been wearing red - Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

(Incidentally, they're also the richest...)

But I think it's game dependant. I think red is the choice of most clubs in football because players are easier to spot in red as red and green are contrasting colours.

On the courts, however, the case is different as you don't pass the shuttle to your partners, but more of a psychological thing - red makes you look fierce and agressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by wilfredlgf
    I don't know about this, but in English Football, the most dominant clubs in the domestic league and cups had been wearing red - Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

(Incidentally, they're also the richest...)

But I think it's game dependant. I think red is the choice of most clubs in football because players are easier to spot in red as red and green are contrasting colours.

On the courts, however, the case is different as you don't pass the shuttle to your partners, but more of a psychological thing - red makes you look fierce and agressive.
    Yeah, I really don't have much of an idea how those conclusions were formulated. Maybe studies were done in a variety of sports and the percentages were put together. I'll ask about this next time I get the chance.

However, I did hear about the darkest colours being more dominating psychologically elsewhere.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Aleik
    Damn right ruth! I saw this Yonex shirt which was just black and red, and I imagined myself being assertive and aggressive whilst wearing it.

But for some strange reason centralsports.com took this, their best shirt, off the market, so I got my usual sombre blue version. Same old slow Al.

Aleik.
    If it's the lycra one with the non collared collar (does that make sense?) mainly red with black sleeves you can get it in a shop in Glasgow called EG sports for about 15. I wish I'd have known before shelling out 30 for it in Central Sports!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

To the Chinese, Red is a lucky number and don't be surprised if the China Team wants to wear their red shirts for both the TC and UC!

On the contrary, black is an inauspicious colour worn during mourning. Please don't wear a red shirt during such ocassions.

Just to prove what contrasting beliefs people the world over have!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2