Li-Ning Saga Plus AYZH041-2

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by groovyshot, Dec 30, 2013.

1. groovyshot

groovyshot Regular Member

computers
  2. groovyshot

computers
    Just picked these up a couple of days ago, but haven't used them yet. I wonder if they're the successors to the Saga Pro's as they look the same (or I may be missing some fine detail). One thing to note, is that the box comes with a sticker of authenticity which is new. Who would have thought that someone would copy Li-Ning products? I'm gonna scratch the sticker to reveal the code and see if the authenticity thing works.

3. groovyshot

computers
    I tried the authenticity verification at www.li-ning.com/fwcx. And it came up verified as an authentic product. I bought the shoes at Star Badminton Centre in Mongkok (852) 2390 9500. So products from these guys are legit. The shop's only been open for about a week, so may not be on everyone's radar.

4. groovyshot

computers
    Star Badminton Centre - Contact Info

Snapshot_20131231.JPG Snapshot_20131231_1.JPG

5. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

"Saga" is for the south east asia... in china, they have a similar one but better quality.

i read many review that the Saga version is not as good as the china version.. i did not have the real shoe to compare the different yet..

but based on the price, the china version is more expensive that the Saga version which is very abnormal usually if you order Li-ning shoe direct from china... it is usually cheaper by S$40 - $150 if order direct.. i mean original Li-ning shoe of course...

6. groovyshot

computers
    Got the shoes for $670HKD. Not an expensive shoe with respect to the Lin Dan shoe (The LD shoe is outrageously priced IMHO). There's some great touches to this shoe, like beveled inside edges on the sole, good padding against impacts in the footbed, interesting lace patterns to guard against loosening, toes drag reinforcements and reliefs in the sole to accommodate flex.
    All these things are useless if the shoe doesn't last. Hopefully the past ills of the shoe have been rectified in this version.