Armortec 700 2U / 3U ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Matt, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi,

For you ownwer which have tried both versions of the rackets rackets, how do they both compare? I happen to see one yesturday for the first time at Tads Sporting Goods in Vancouver and they they only have a 3U. I did ask about the 4U but the store rep there(Gary) said that, Yonex Canada is not bringing them in since they were having breakage problems. If you guys can provide the comparison that would be great.

Thanks

Matt

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I have both 3U G4 and 4U G5. comparatively , i think 3U feels much better than 4U. and stiffer than 4U as well. I would say 3U is a good buy.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't think there is a 2U.

For 3U and 4U.....so far I have not yet seen any problems in durability since AT is a pretty strong series (frame).

SO, what did the Yonex Canada say about the breakage? on the frame or on the shaft? (I think the frame is pretty good, it's probably the shaft.....)

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Gary mentioned about the a 2U but it's available in the Asian countries. Reguarding the breakage issues, he didn't say specfically what Yonex Canada told him. I could ask him the specifics but I'm no longer in Canada until about two weeks later. Some members on the forum are from Vancouver, so they could phone the store and talk to Gary directly to get the answer.

Hope this helps

#4 Matt, Feb 15, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  5. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    I am from Taiwan. I don't think there is a 2U. When I got the AT-700 from the store and swinging in my house. Suddently I hit the corner of the table, but this only cause a tiny paint chip on the frame. I string my AT-700 with bg-66 at 24 lbs and the string tension from that store is usually 2~3 lbs higer than other stories. I think the head of AT -700 is pretty strong. That is for your reference.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    AT 700 2u??? Never heard about it myself. My friends just came back from TW and china, they only saw 3u and 4u as well.

But seems Tad's is also a reputable store...

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    First of all, how is your table? :p a hit from AT-700 could probably destroy the table rather than scratch the racket :p:p:p

I have confirmed that there is no AT-700 (2U) in Japan, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, and USA from Yonex-JP, Yonex-TW, and Yonex-USA data.

Yonex doesn't make a racket avaiable in all 2,3,4U ranges, winex and other companies do.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Yeah.. there is no 2Us for at700. i agree with bluejeff.

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Oh ok. Well I guess Gary must of said the 2U by mistake then, but he is pretty reliable on information since he communicates directly with Yonex Canada and other companies for other sporting products. He's more like the main guy who supports the shop because everybody else there including the owner doesn't seem to have that much knowledge except him.

-----
    I decided to go with the 3UG4 version of Armortec 700. I'm trying to get the CP version and there are some chances that I can get it because my aunt's sister who's in China has some contacts with the China team.

Probably can get CN versions of the ISO Swing Power 900 SA and a Ti Swing Power SA too. Errrrr... I regret selling my 900 SA (JP version) because I really like that racket!

#9 Matt, Feb 15, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  10. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I just cracked my AT700 JP 3U at 1 o'clock on the frame 2 days ago.
    No clashes.
    Broke it while smashing.
    I got it strung with BG66 at 24 lbs on an electronic machine.
    Sigh... :(

11. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    I remember some posts say the Jp version is more strong than other version and the 24 lbs is not very high tension. It is really sad to hear it because the Jp rackets are very expensive! Recently I try a clone of YY AT-700. The clone is almost the same but the recommand tension is 28 lbs to 32 lbs. Of course, the brand name and "made in Taiwan" is the only different between these two rackets. Before AT series coming out, the highest recommand tension for the rackets made by some Taiwan companies is 30 lbs and this kind of rackets usually have 4 points Ti on the frame. So I think the AT head structure is something different. It should be very strong!

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Yeah sad to hear that The JP racket has broken. I do agree that most JP rackets are very stable and strong. I've used them ( since most of my rackets are JPs) and compared them to the Sps etc. I still love Jps.

13. ymq03

ymq03 Regular Member

AT700 only comes with 3U and 4U. I have seen some fake AT700 comes with 2U. Normally they are short (standard length) and poor job on the serial numbers.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Serious? 2u fakes? i'm interested to have a look at them.. if you have the pics. kinda want to know how fakes At700 look like.

15. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Fake rackets usually says "2U" on it, but the actual weight is even less than a 4U racket.
    I have a fake MP77 in my hand now, it says 2U, but it is actually lighter than my MP88(4U).

It's like, they would make the racket frame and shaft as hollow as possible to save cost.

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I'm curious to see how frajile the fakes are! It would be intresting to know by investigating what materials are being used on the inside of it =)

17. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Ive seen a great 4u fake of an AT700.

It had everything down to the grommets! Length was the same.

The only way of telling was by looking at the top of the head where there is a sort of plastic "armor" on the top and the serial nos.

The fake had their "armor" painted on and the serial no was silk screened on.

balance, of course was totally different. great looking fake though. you cannot tell the difference at 1 meter.

18. zantls

zantls New Member

student
    There is a 2U in Korea if not mistaken. No fake ^^. I'm going to take a 3U soon