Dealing in Badmintonforum

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by shawntn, Feb 15, 2004.

1. shawntn

shawntn Regular Member

On an average, how long did it take for you to receive your racket/s? The period between your payment is being recieved and cleared to the the day you obtain your racket.

What is your experience in buying and/or selling in badmintonforum.com?

Have any of your transactions gone bad? example. Payment received but not product or vice versa.

Share your love.....

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Trading in "Market Place" is like E-bay. It's down the to honesty from both sides to get a transaction to be completed smoothly. If you feel uncomforable, or not-so-sure, u might think twice before making ur decision.

So far, I've been involved in serval deals (both as buyer and seller), and I am very satisfied (hope they feel the same) ;) . As for trasaction time, if really depend on the payment / shipping method - it could take hrs (local pick up, etc) or months (international trsaction, etc).

#2 LazyBuddy, Feb 15, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    well, it is always a good idea to get shipping insurance and tracking number if you are concerned about the shipping safety.

Also, if sellers can show you the tracking numbers and receipt, that means he did his job.

If you are still feeling not right about dealing in here, you can always deal with reputable members around here ( since old members here will not run away :))

The shipping time really varies, especially when it's an international shipping.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yup.. shipping internationally could takes you about a month or so..unless if your willing to pay more for express 3 days delivery.

5. shawntn

shawntn Regular Member

Are there under any circumstances where the seller take your money and decides not to send the product? In the lighter shade, takes forever to send? Does it happen here in badmintonforum. I am sure you all Badminton players here are very honest :)

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Oh....I never thought about that......
    Now I am learning :p:p

(nah, people here are very nice, we are good badminton players :))

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Shawntn,

That's the risk you have to take. Basically the forum is a facilitator of contacts. Dealing in the Marketplace is probably worse than ebay and big recognizable E-stores because the contact is personal and has no fail-safe guarantee. I have only had one dealing on the forum so far and I dealt with someone who's an established well-known member. It reduced the risk somewhat, but still no guarantee. However, I am satisfied with the transaction and won't hesitate to recommend or deal with this member again.

Basically it's all about trust and reference. If you're not sure about the person, ask someone else about him. If no-one dealt with him before, you have to decide whether it's worth taking a chance on him.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree people here are very nice.. what u mean good badminton players.. not good delivery man? heheh

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. There's no 100% guarantee here, or anywhere else (i.e. EBay, heard some really reputable e-bayer decided to "gone with the wind" after thousands of good feedback). It's down to the "trust" between both parties. If u trust a BFer, and really like his/her deal, well, go. If no, maybe u should feel more comfortable to buy from reputable local stores.

2. The shipping could be a pain, as it might takes long. Even close distance like CAN and US, sometimes, the package is here in 5 days, but could take up 15 days as well (same delivery carrier, same shipping method). If u refer to international shipping, pray everyday, as it's almost no way to track.

10. shawntn

shawntn Regular Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

As far as I know for now, there isn't any deals gone bad. Or atleast not "yet". So far i hear sucessful stories in this market place. No lemons but oranges. Ofcourse there is no 100% guaranteed on anything we bought online. Anything could happens that potentially makes the deal sour.

Dispite cautious and warning signs, I feel more comfortable buying rackets here then ofcourse where else "ebay" or any other place online for that matter. Maybe ;).

Badminton players are good, honest, decent people. Aren't we? Atleast we are not nice on the court. Hard hitting monster! kill kill kill