User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aditya Joshi

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I never said he wasn't talented, only that his ranking wasn't accurate. In regards to He Bingjiao and Qin, HBJ lost to a Singapore player (probably considered an upset) however, Qin losing to Akane is certainly to be expected. Thing is, the two Chinese players are not ranked number 1 and lost to players that are around them in the "rankings"

I watched some video on Aditya at last years U19 Asian championships, and I genuinely wasn't impressed. In saying this, he beat some good Indian players at the IC event in India at the end of last year.

Third seed Zhou junpeng lost to the same Kanta Tsuneyama in the semis who upset the top seed
    Aditya joshi. This time Kanta won the match in straight games very comfortably. But Aditya put valiant fight and infact reached the match point before losing it and eventually the match. Shall i say that the ranking of Zhou junpeng is not justifiable ??.. I never say something like this .

Kanta seems to me as a brilliant player who infact after beating Aditya must have got much more confidence which paves him to move ahead of any other player since he has beaten world No.1 already.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2014 Badminton Asia Youth U19 Championships in Chinese Taipei

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the reference is to the Badminton Asia Youth U-19 Championships (which concludes this weekend in Taipei).
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...F-731D221C723F

Aditya Joshi of India was the top seed in the Under-19 Boys Singles category (BS-U19).
    But he was beaten in the 2nd Round by the unseeded Tsuneyama Kanta of Japan.
    (The top 3 Boys Singles seeds are already out of the competition.)

As scorpion1 said, Joshi reached match-point in Game 2 before losing it and the decider.
    Thank you for the link Oldhand.

So it is the 2014 Badminton Asia Youth U19 Championships in Chinese Taipei held this week.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Thank you for the link Oldhand.

So it is the 2014 Badminton Asia Youth U19 Championships in Chinese Taipei held this week.
    Yep. It's still going on. Tomorrow is the finals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2014 Badminton Asia Youth U19 Championships in Chinese Taipei

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Yep. It's still going on. Tomorrow is the finals.
    Thank you.

I can see many players listed in the current BWF Junior Rankings (http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...0&category=817 ) participating in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2