Racket Reco for an Intermediate Doubles Player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by saneguy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. saneguy

saneguy New Member

Hi,

I have been playing badminton for 3 years now. I generally play doubles with other intermediate players. I am currently playing with the Yonex Carbonex 8000 - which is considered an entry level racket.

I need a racket that adds a little more power to my smashes. I have been training and using tips from the forum but somehow I feel a better racket may that 5-10% extra power to the smash and hence the upgrade. My budget would be about US$70-90.

Would love to listen to your thoughts. Prefer the Yonex rackets since I havent really tried anything else so far.

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    At ur budget, Voltric 3 or Voltric 5.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    tho i have tried most of the cabs i haven't tried the 8000. from my experience i find most of the cabs rated at medium or close to stiff. and being an even balance racket, i would suggest you something in the arcsaber series if you want yonex again.

a carlton racket that feels good that is also even balance is the air blade. this racket should also be priced in your price range.

if you can still find head rackets, i highly recommend it. because they no longer make badminton rackets most of them are on sale or close out prices, but they are really decent quality rackets...but you'll have to look around because they are kinda hard to find these days, at least in my area.

just a reminder that most rackets you see in the market these days are isometric of some type, so for you to switch from oval, it will take a bit of time...but how long will depend on you.