Update: Shirt designs with new font

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheComedian, Jan 7, 2014.

1. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    I created these new designs with different variations of my name, font sizes, and a (what i think) better looking ProKennex logo. Tell me what you think. which one the best looking in your opinion? How would improve anyone of them?
    Version-2.jpg
    ----------------------------
    Version-3.jpg
    ----------------------------
    Version-1.jpg

2. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

i like the first one best.
    as you name is not "wang", you certainly don't need your first name. to me, the name without abbreviations looks best.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG]

That "Carlton font" /Portishead Dummy looks (too much) like a copy of the Yonex font. Credit to you you didn't pick the actual Yonex font to imitate [​IMG]. But with so much choice around to end up with something that practically looks like Yonex in your case ... The above is a simple Arial btw but plenty of choice on sites like dafont to pick something more unique [​IMG]. Though a lot, like Portishead, are probably diy copies of existing ones; lucky for us (Portishead = practically a compressed Helvetica font)

#3 demolidor, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. TheComedian

Badminton Player/Coach
    My last shirt design i made I just used Arial. I've been looking around on all kinds of sites but I haven't yet found a font a REALLY like. You know what I mean? I've found some cool ones and I would try them, but.... it.... just didn't fit in to my imagination :p

Post some dope ass fonts if you have any suggestions. I am open to whatever. I'm not playing any tournaments until May, so I'm not in any rush. I want to design something I can keep. Something that looks good on the court and a little stylish. Good for the game :)

5. TheComedian

Badminton Player/Coach
    hk.jpg
    490016a0c11c4c0c9bc6256a67dba2d9_20121214165931L10.jpg
    20130116_1843-malaysiaopen2013_yves3993-1.jpg
    VS
    chong-wei-viktor-axelsen-s66.jpg

I don't think they're TOO similar. I personaly think Carlton's is better :p
    It has more Pazas too it lol, It's fun to look at. Yonex' font is just plain and simple. Like Arial, it's kind of boring. It's just clear and easy to read.

the long letters for the name look stylish to me. More so than Yonex or any other fonts that other companies are using. Like Li-ning. I hate their font. It's not... anything. It's just letters squished together you can barely read it. I'm surprised BWF allows that.
    175633942.jpg
    Look at that, Cant even read it lol

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They are almost the same only the Carlton is compressed hence they look longer; Yonex is probably a bold version as well to make it look fatter. But I meant your execution of it turned out closer to old rules Yonex look rather than the "Carlton" look ;) (or maybe it's just the R's that are so reminiscent of YY)

Similar to:

[​IMG]

The right one looks smaller but actually has the same height ... I have seen old Yonex ones with long country names that were more compressed and in the end were quite narrow letters.

You just need to browse through the "basic" "sans serif" section with your own text input (which you no doubt did already) until you hit something you like :cool: although the one you found works as well, the Carlton one. Forgot what the new height rule was for sponsors on the back but the full Pro Kennex logo is much more effective albeit a lot less stylish -.-

Untitled-2.jpg

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Or for something completely else, a style in the mold of which I chose one some while back to likely use in the future (not that I need it :D). Before also picked something alike the Carlton or a font this board also uses: I M P A C T All from dafont :)

Untitled-3B.jpg

Probably not to your liking re-reading the Li-Ning comment just now [​IMG]. Thought you posted it as a Carlton style example at first which are also hard to read from an angle like that above, just the name is a lot bigger which is why it's still readable unlike what Jan O has going on ...

IMG_8343a.jpg

#7 demolidor, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014