User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Urgent: Fake Victor Brave Sword LYD

Hi everyone,
    I just bought this racket off a selling from Hong Kong who says its products are 100% Genuine or money back guaranteed. Well I just received this racket from him and I'm 100% convinced its fake. The reason why I have "Urgent" in the title is because his money back guarantee is time sensitive and I only have about a few days before its too late to dispute with paypal.

Can anyone confirm that this is fake in order for me to use this thread as proof? It would be extremely helpful if you can either find pictures of real versions, or take pictures of one that you own to show differences between genuine and fake. For now I will upload what I received and why I think it is fake.

P.S: It could just be me and I might be completely paranoid and perhaps victor has some serious quality control issues with this line; however I don't think that is the case with all the below issues I've found.

Thank you very much in advance,

racket model: Victor Braveswrod LYD

shaft serial: TWE9283095
    source : Hong Kong
    Price : $130.00

Name:  sam_0589.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  220.0 KB
    1. Grey graphic to the left of the signature looks a bit dull.

Name:  sam_0590.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  248.3 KB
    2. Bottom grommets right in the middle at the neck has a wide gap. Grommets are also strangely mis-cut and uneven.

Name:  sam_0592.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  197.0 KB
    3. Not sure if the outer part of the grommets are supposed to be red. My real Victor Bravesword 12 has the inner part of the grommet red, but on the outside of the frame its black.

Name:  sam_0600.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  237.6 KB
    4. The racket on the right is the BSLYD. The logo on the buttcap looks very different from my real bravesword 12 on the left.

Name:  sam_0593.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  234.8 KB
    5. Grommets on the inner frame seem like a very dark red compared to the ones on my real bravesword 12. The gold paint on the frame also looks a bit dull.

Name:  sam_0596.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  230.9 KB
    Name:  sam_0597.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  211.2 KB
    Name:  sam_0598.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  235.9 KB
    Name:  sam_0599.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  205.3 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2nd last pic is a best proof that it's fake.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicElite View Post
    The 2nd last pic is a best proof that it's fake.
    Care to explain why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Care to explain why?
    Unless it's due to the flash of the camera, the wordings on the cone looks like a "print on" and can be easily rubbed off....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW TS, which shop / website did you buy the racket from? So that we can avoid buying fakes again.... the grommets placement in the 2nd pic is a huge sign​ it is a fake.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Victor , hard to prove its fake racket , not like li ning got Holo gram to prove.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you get it through ebay?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Care to explain why?
    The font and the print of the wordings. In addition, the logo of the buttcap is wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont remember how buttcup of my bslyd looked like, but the one on my jjs looks like yours on bs12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer above questions, I did buy it from ebay. I usually avoid buying rackets on ebay as much as possible but this listing looked very safe. Buyer has 99.1% positive with over 300 ratings and a "Genuine or Money Back Guarantee" in his listing description, so I lead me to take a chance. Seller name is dayuan0122168 in case you wanted to avoid them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as Im suspected. Saw the same pics

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake fake fake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buttcap and cone words look fake

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say I'm not completely convinced it is a fake but it is hard to say from looking at photos.

Victor does have quality control issues, we all know that. And I read that they have been known to shift manufacturing of different models to different countries which also causes some descrepancies in their products.

I think my BSLYD was made in taiwan, whereas later ones, I believe, are made in china.

I have a BSLYD, BS10, BS11 and MXJJS and they don't have exactly the same butt cap. The BSLYD, if I remember correctly has a shiny smooth plastic cap, whereas the JJS for instance has a more textured matt plastic cap.

So the trouble with Victor is, it is so hard to tell if its genuine because the quality can vary so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I have to say I'm not completely convinced it is a fake but it is hard to say from looking at photos.

Victor does have quality control issues, we all know that. And I read that they have been known to shift manufacturing of different models to different countries which also causes some descrepancies in their products.

I think my BSLYD was made in taiwan, whereas later ones, I believe, are made in china.

I have a BSLYD, BS10, BS11 and MXJJS and they don't have exactly the same butt cap. The BSLYD, if I remember correctly has a shiny smooth plastic cap, whereas the JJS for instance has a more textured matt plastic cap.

So the trouble with Victor is, it is so hard to tell if its genuine because the quality can vary so much.
    Hi thanks for the reply,
    Can you tell me if any of your Victor Rackets have a the following differences:
    1. Wide gap between the two middle grommets at the neck?
    2. Red coloring on the grommets on the outer frame of the racket?
    3. Mis-matched, mis-cut grommets on the bottom of the frame similar to the one I have pictured?

I'm curious because, while I know Victor might not have perfect quality on all of their rackets, but having 5 or 6 defects on one single racket seems a little too much to be seen as genuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IRNINJAH View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply,
    Can you tell me if any of your Victor Rackets have a the following differences:
    1. Wide gap between the two middle grommets at the neck?
    2. Red coloring on the grommets on the outer frame of the racket?
    3. Mis-matched, mis-cut grommets on the bottom of the frame similar to the one I have pictured?

I'm curious because, while I know Victor might not have perfect quality on all of their rackets, but having 5 or 6 defects on one single racket seems a little too much to be seen as genuine.
    the points # 1 and 3 should be enough to sound your alarm bell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, just a quick update, I could use your help one more time!

I spoke with an ebay representative from customer support and they said that they do not tolerate sellers with fake product on ebay and will look into having the buyer suspended and get my full refund if I can provide primary proof.

This means I need a letter from a victor representative or manufacturer that prooves that this is a fake product. I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows anyone who might work for Victor or where I can go for help! I truly need a representative that could write me a letter so that I may resolve this issue and stop this seller from falsely leading on buyers.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,

thank you guys!