Urgent: Fake Victor Brave Sword LYD

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by IRNINJAH, Jan 11, 2014.

1. IRNINJAH

IRNINJAH Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone,
    I just bought this racket off a selling from Hong Kong who says its products are 100% Genuine or money back guaranteed. Well I just received this racket from him and I'm 100% convinced its fake. The reason why I have "Urgent" in the title is because his money back guarantee is time sensitive and I only have about a few days before its too late to dispute with paypal.

Can anyone confirm that this is fake in order for me to use this thread as proof? It would be extremely helpful if you can either find pictures of real versions, or take pictures of one that you own to show differences between genuine and fake. For now I will upload what I received and why I think it is fake.

P.S: It could just be me and I might be completely paranoid and perhaps victor has some serious quality control issues with this line; however I don't think that is the case with all the below issues I've found.

Thank you very much in advance,

racket model: Victor Braveswrod LYD

shaft serial: TWE9283095
    source : Hong Kong
    Price : $130.00

sam_0589.jpg
    1. Grey graphic to the left of the signature looks a bit dull.

sam_0590.jpg
    2. Bottom grommets right in the middle at the neck has a wide gap. Grommets are also strangely mis-cut and uneven.

sam_0592.jpg
    3. Not sure if the outer part of the grommets are supposed to be red. My real Victor Bravesword 12 has the inner part of the grommet red, but on the outside of the frame its black.

sam_0600.jpg
    4. The racket on the right is the BSLYD. The logo on the buttcap looks very different from my real bravesword 12 on the left.

sam_0593.jpg
    5. Grommets on the inner frame seem like a very dark red compared to the ones on my real bravesword 12. The gold paint on the frame also looks a bit dull.

sam_0596.jpg
    sam_0597.jpg
    sam_0598.jpg
    sam_0599.jpg

2. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

The 2nd last pic is a best proof that it's fake.

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Care to explain why?

4. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Unless it's due to the flash of the camera, the wordings on the cone looks like a "print on" and can be easily rubbed off.... :eek:

5. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

BTW TS, which shop / website did you buy the racket from? So that we can avoid buying fakes again.... the grommets placement in the 2nd pic is a huge sign​ it is a fake.....

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    For Victor , hard to prove its fake racket , not like li ning got Holo gram to prove.

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Did you get it through ebay?

8. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

The font and the print of the wordings. In addition, the logo of the buttcap is wrong.

9. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i dont remember how buttcup of my bslyd looked like, but the one on my jjs looks like yours on bs12

10. IRNINJAH

IRNINJAH Regular Member

Student
    To answer above questions, I did buy it from ebay. I usually avoid buying rackets on ebay as much as possible but this listing looked very safe. Buyer has 99.1% positive with over 300 ratings and a "Genuine or Money Back Guarantee" in his listing description, so I lead me to take a chance. Seller name is dayuan0122168 in case you wanted to avoid them.

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Just as Im suspected. Saw the same pics

12. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Fake fake fake

13. carvalhosa

carvalhosa Regular Member

service industry
    Buttcap and cone words look fake

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have to say I'm not completely convinced it is a fake but it is hard to say from looking at photos.

Victor does have quality control issues, we all know that. And I read that they have been known to shift manufacturing of different models to different countries which also causes some descrepancies in their products.

I think my BSLYD was made in taiwan, whereas later ones, I believe, are made in china.

I have a BSLYD, BS10, BS11 and MXJJS and they don't have exactly the same butt cap. The BSLYD, if I remember correctly has a shiny smooth plastic cap, whereas the JJS for instance has a more textured matt plastic cap.

So the trouble with Victor is, it is so hard to tell if its genuine because the quality can vary so much.

15. IRNINJAH

IRNINJAH Regular Member

Student
    Hi thanks for the reply,
    Can you tell me if any of your Victor Rackets have a the following differences:
    1. Wide gap between the two middle grommets at the neck?
    2. Red coloring on the grommets on the outer frame of the racket?
    3. Mis-matched, mis-cut grommets on the bottom of the frame similar to the one I have pictured?

I'm curious because, while I know Victor might not have perfect quality on all of their rackets, but having 5 or 6 defects on one single racket seems a little too much to be seen as genuine.

16. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

the points # 1 and 3 should be enough to sound your alarm bell.

17. IRNINJAH

IRNINJAH Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone, just a quick update, I could use your help one more time!

I spoke with an ebay representative from customer support and they said that they do not tolerate sellers with fake product on ebay and will look into having the buyer suspended and get my full refund if I can provide primary proof.

This means I need a letter from a victor representative or manufacturer that prooves that this is a fake product. I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows anyone who might work for Victor or where I can go for help! I truly need a representative that could write me a letter so that I may resolve this issue and stop this seller from falsely leading on buyers.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,

thank you guys!

18. Rene Feibicke

Rene Feibicke New Member

Badmintonator
    If you are still interested, i can ask my Victor Partners to valdate this serial no.
    The first thing Victor will ask is who sold the racket. The dealer might get a lot of anger, even if he is in asia. Victor is pretty agressive with asians selling to europe and to fakre sellers.

l8er
    Rene

19. amleto

amleto Regular Member

you need victor representative... so email victor! common sense :-/

20. Rene Feibicke

Rene Feibicke New Member

Badmintonator
    Ok,
    here we go:
    with victor Partner i meant my kollegue within Victor Germany. He is the Sales Manager for Germany/Europe and as you might imagine he is very keen to solve this issue.

He is pretty sure (as i am) that this one is fake. They are just investigating this issue with your photos.
    The also have a black list for ebay and other internet sellers selling fakes or illegal stuff.
    If you can tell me the ebay seller name vie PN or here that could speed up things.

l8er
    Rene