Training at home

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by NemChua, Jan 12, 2014.

1. NemChua

NemChua Regular Member

Engineering student
    Hello guys !

I am currently a student living in a tiny dorm, and since i'm really bored i have been thinking about how i could train at home. I tried to practice my strokes but, well, the ceiling is too low, i can only do that while i'm sitting.
    I also have been trying to train my muscles by doing some push-ups and some squats. But i want to find other ways. I'm about to buy some weights so i can gain some strength. (My height is 172cm for 57kg).
    The thing is that before playing badminton i did taekwondo, so all my muscles are in my legs and i have very tiny arms. But i think it is more important to train my legs than my arms since my footworks need improvements ihmo. I have also been considering doing some roadworks like 45min per week.
    Also, we have a big gym at school but i have nobody to play with...
    How can i practice alone ? I can only train my serves and doing some shadow at school. I have great willpower and i want to improve.

Please advise me.

2. NemChua

NemChua Regular Member

Engineering student
    Just to add some information i forgot to mention that i have access to the gym whenever i want, and it is a real gym ( 2000m²)

3. captaincook

captaincook Regular Member

captain
    Keep asking around to find if there are others who want to play, don't give out. You may need to travel a bit around your area.

You can hit against wall... but you really need to get on a court. Try to invite players to come to yours gym too.

I wish I have the time and the access to a gym.

4. catman

catman Regular Member

5. joetheshow

joetheshow Regular Member

Fulltime day dreamer
    Is your room big enough to do some shadow badminton?

I live in a tiny apartment with 9-feet ceiling, so I can do some half court length footwork while swinging a heavy training racket.

With access to the gym, you can do a whole range of exercise that will fundamentally improve your game. Work on your legs, shoulder, triceps, forearm, abs and back.

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Exercise yr wrist, either wrist curl or even squeezing a ball of scrap papers will be fine

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Checkout Paul Stewart 's youtube video on armchair wrist exercises . Easily done with a racket head cover on the racket.