Li-Ning A+600

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Trinhity, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Has anyone tried these shuttles before? I plan on getting myself a box of 50 tubes very soon! :D

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

judging by the quality of the A300, A600 must be pretty darn good. on par with as50 i think.

3. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Apparently these shuttles were used in the World Badminton Championships!!! I'm guessing they are the top of the line stuff!

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Only "guessing" huh :D? Just like you are only "trying out" 50 tubes :p ...

The A300 is a damn good shuttle already, no individual should ever need to use the A600 nor most tournaments (unless of course the quality of the 300 goes down).

#4 demolidor, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

My buddy is going to take half and I guess I have to take the other half unless you want to buy some of the tubes off me? ;)

We like premium stuff and want to try these high end items! :)

6. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i like a300 for its durability, the flight is very much ok for me but a bit "under" as50 as the pros i sometimes play with say, around the as40 but a tad faster. and it costs significantly less than as50. don't know for sure, but my bet is that at superseries li-ning events they definitely use the a600, not the a300

7. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I tried them from a club member, and they are quite good, but at $34.00 + tax, I would rather get the Yonex AeroSensa-50 from MaxSports for $32.00 and no sales tax.

In my opinion, the A+600 is still a little bit fast when playing in Toronto's winter conditions, unless the place you play is warm (20 degC or above) or if you do a quick hot stream once before you play.

Flight is comparable to AS-50.

But since the A+600 is around $6.50 more expensive per tube compared to Yonex AS-50, I would get the AS-50 in a heartbeat.

AS+50 is a bit more durable, speed is good, the cork feels slightly better. The A+600 is very comparable to the AS-50, and if the facility you play at is warm, it is slightly better.

Then again, since Trinhity is a Plat Sponsor for LiNing Canada, your price might be cheaper than retail. If the A+600 is much cheaper for you compared to AS-50, then the A+600 is a great buy.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    How many of you guys use the top end shuttles in Canada? There are very few places where I play that would use such high end shuttles.

One guy came in saying he wanted to use AS 50's. It comes at about 30-40% more expensive than the current ones I play with. Crucially, our local tournaments don't play with such expensive shuttles and some guys don't even play in tournaments. So why use such high grade shuttles in practice? It can cause problems adapting to match play. When advising on trying out shuttles, I found many club players can't actually tell the difference between a nicer shuttle and the one they presently use :( So, it was difficult to convince that club to switch even with a one and a half Canadian dollar difference in price per tube.

From our HK championships, in my division, we got AS 30's. Then at quarter final stage, we got AS 40's supplied. Unfortunately, I am not used to such luxury and lost at that stage.... :( I blame it on the shuttle, not the opponent who happened to be an ex-pro. :p

#8 Cheung, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  9. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

If you play enough, you should notice the difference in shuttles. Try looking at how it flies in terms of how long it takes for the shuttle to flip, how long the shuttle sits in the air, and how it drops. These are some factors that are affected when looking at different grade shuttles. Of course there is also the durability factor.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Don't get me wrong. I can tell the difference myself. :)

Just curious how much the top end shuttles are used in Canada (or your locality) in clubs.

Our local tournaments are sponsored by community sources so our entry fees are usually very low. Typically around 7-8 Canadian - so that's why we don't get good shuttles.

11. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I've seen some AS30,40,50 used at Yonex tournaments but the local ones tend to have some sponsorship from Li-Ning, black knight, victor, or RSL. We usually see tournaments where the players bring their own shuttles so your game play can vary point to point!

12. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Funny thing that there is a guy in my club who ALWAYS bring tubes upon tubes of Yonex AS-50s.

When we play games, He just use his supply of AS-50s and I just stick with my cheaper Aeroplane Blacks..

But indeed, the AS-50 shuttles are a superior shuttle compared to my Aeroplane Blacks. The Aeroplane corks are really bad, after about 5 or 6 good powerful smashes I execute, the head deforms quite drastically, to the point that the middle synthetic cork becomes a squeezed sandwich...

The guy who always brings in the AS-50s gets it from a Yonex sponsored player I think. He gets a tube of AS-50s for around similar price to a tube of Aeroplane Blacks, Victor Masters No.1, RSL Classics, or A+300 retail prices ($21-$24 depending on the number of tubes the guy he buys it from has in stock)

Though, you guys are right, most clubs in Canada I have been to do not use such high end AS-50s or even AS-40s.

Most stick with cheaper quality or cheaper brands...

13. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

Depending on which group I play against during drop ins, surprisingly most members use as50 lol, I was quite shocked but I wasn't complaining since I didn't have to fork a penny out lol.

I only had my cheap hangyus