pros pro xp gripper breaking string ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by scottyc93, Jan 13, 2014.

1. scottyc93

scottyc93 Regular Member

as in the title. new machine got it today when tensioning the string it puts indents in the string then finally snaps half way through the mains. im sending the gripper part back to him for him to sort out . anyone else had this with new machine ?

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Use some card folded in half, that's what I do with mine.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

That's only a temporary work-around. Might as well get the gripper plates sorted out while it's under warranty - not your fault if the machine is breaking strings.

4. scottyc93

scottyc93 Regular Member

Surely there a way where you dont need the card ? He must file it down a bit I spose

5. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    Scotty have you tried adjusting the size of the string gripper by changing the dial that is on them for different thicknesses of string?

6. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I don't have the machine but I have seen a picture of it and there is a screw attached to the end of the gripper. The tensioning gripper gets narrower the further it goes into it's Hub. Screw the screw in further which stops it going so far into it's hub so it will not grab and break the string so hard. Is that where? unless it is the fixed clamps - to adjust them just turn the dial on their side

7. scottyc93

scottyc93 Regular Member

Spent a good few hours with trying everything I could think. I took the gripper to the point of it slipping, then tightened jt so it just gripped enough still the same thing I think the front of the gripper was to rough in general ive sent it back to him to sort out. Its the gripper part yeh.

8. mysteryman592

mysteryman592 Regular Member

IT
    I have the shuttle express from pros pro. It also put indents in the string and even if I get the racket strung the strings break easy. I sent a video of what was happening and they sent me a new gripper. Still didnt work right after I got it, so I took both parts apart and slowly worked it till it worked, somewhat. There is a small part that puts small indents in the string but I put electrical tape on the small part that does that and now works fine. Not a complete fix but it works. Planning to get the wise 2086 to replace it so I dont have to worry about it.

9. scottyc93

scottyc93 Regular Member

Hi haven't replied in a while got my tension head back a few weeks ago and its working perfectly no dents in string