Apacs Tantrum 500 or RKEP Rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pxwee5, Jan 13, 2014.

1. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Dear Forumers,

In 2012 I have bought an Apacs Tantrum 500 based on DinkALot's review. Truthfully that's one of the few Excellent+ rackets that's why the decision has been pretty easy.

It's been a great companion thus far but after a couple of beatings, the frame has a half crack. Even the stringer wouldn't string it unless I guarantee him that I'll take the blame if he spoils my racket during stringing. (Convenient hye?)

So right now I need to get a new racket.

I love my Tantrum 200, but I think it is a tad too stiff for my physical requirement. I'm not exactly the most powerful hitter but luckily I get to utilize the excellent control of the racket using BG66 Ultimax at 26lbs and a karakal grip.

So after some spec comparison and research ... I've shortlisted my candidates down to these few.

1. APACS Tantrum 500
    - Due to the medium stiffness

2. RKEP PRO6000 or PRO9000 or their newer models.
    - Perhaps you guys can shed some light on these models as they have received immaculate feedback from Eric's thread.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/107655-RKEP-PRO6000-PRO9000-badminton-racket

2. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Some help here would be much appreciated :D

3. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    My opinion but I think you should look into the apacs virtuoso performance. All I remember reading about the tantrum 500 is how prone it is to snapping. The AVP is a great all round racket racket that is medium stiff and only slightly head heavy feel. Specs say otherwise but I never notice it.

Not to say the RKEP ones are garbage because I have no idea but since i have personal experience with the AVP I don't know how you could be disappointed since you like the T200 and want something slightly less stiff.

4. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Yeah I did hear that the Tantrum 500 is prone to snapping ...

But with the AVP ... are you guys talking about the Apacs Virtuous Pro or the Apacs Virtuous Performance?
    http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100571/Apacs-Virtuoso-Pro--Purple-

or

http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100609/Apacs-Virtuoso-Performance

LOL Price differs by a lot.

5. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    The performance one.

the Pro version is the xstiff version =x.

6. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i made the same mistake when i was first researching APACS. i had the names in my mind in order, but jumbled up with i got to the store. i recommended the storeowner he import the apacs virtuoso performance gold and purple versions as they look cool online and may sell better too :p. im sure he knew i got it mixed-up and took his time before i was corrected, ahem.
    so, get it right: AVP = Performance, and it comes in just one color - the ugly supersweet horrible awesome fiery orange :)

7. KELVIN HO

KELVIN HO Regular Member

BUILDER

RKEP rackets are very nice to play but NOT so powerful .....in smashes ...

APACS virtuoso performance good racket but the DROP shots areas not so good ...

8. KELVIN HO

KELVIN HO Regular Member

BUILDER
    FOR ATTACKING players ....
    THE APACS FORAY 707 is better than the VIRTUOSO PERFORMANCE but it takes some times to get use to it maybe 10 SESSIONS OR MORE ...

9. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

sweet. have to try it sometime, haven't seen it here yet.
    time. time is all we have :) lol

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    According to specs, the Foray 707 is the most flexible amongst APACS lineup. Since he like the Tantrum 500, the Foray 707 might be too flexible for him.

11. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

i think the tweet 6000 is similar to tantrum 500 but is a newer model...for that price range rm200-300 however i personally prefer prince rackets with their 50T carbon material and slimmer shaft (50T vs 40T , 6.5mm vs 6.7mm)...