NEW GOSEN R4X RYUBI66 (New 0.66 string)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by forumer, Jan 14, 2014.

1. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Anybody had info on this new string or had tried it already?

Attached Files:

2. mso663

mso663 Regular Member

Had a play with this string. It was quite fragile for a 0.66mm gauge but power was okay and nice sound. Personally preferred the R4X Momone over this one, as it has more crisp sounds whilst maintaining durability (and better packaging).

3. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Tried both of them, but on different rackets. Ryubi66 on Astec Pro800 (even balance, low3U weight) and Momone on RS Sickle Smash (4U slightly head heavy). Seems to prefer Ryubi, a bit better on repulsion (somewhat softer string than momone). A decent alternative at a much lower price than BG66Ultimax, about half price already strung.

#3 sautom88, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. espido

espido Regular Member

Recently, I had it strung on my vt80 @ 24lbs. I had another vt80 strung with n98 @ 24lbs. I prefer ryubi.

Anyone can share their experience on this new string?

5. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

Agreed om, i've been using Ryubi for the past year, about a dozen strings all together, totally worth buying if you are an attacking player without really great power but instead more of timing & placement attacking game.

Basically slightly better resilience than YY BG-66 with its durability level, and decent control though not all that grippy. Don't dare to lift the shuttlecock hard from the front court though, without precise control of power, it will easily fly out of the court.

EDIT:

I use it on four Hart rackets with similar characteristic, 5U oversize frame head heavy medium stiff long shaft specs, at around 24-26 lbs tension.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

I think Gosen has come out with newer strings in the past 2 yrs, namely G-Tone 5, which is 0.65mm and is excellent overall. Check out its thread.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  7. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

Yeah, i've been using this string type too, just not as much as the Ryubi. This particular string has it going for its durability (atleast twice better than Ryubi), great tension retentivity, and control, with its distinctive sound character & more hard feeling. But the power & resilience is quite less (atleast by 10% in my experience) and i much prefer the softer feeling of the Ryubi, so G-Tone 5 is still a second choice for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

visor likes this.