Eagnas ST-200 or Easy-3 stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by clinton, Feb 18, 2004.

1. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    The specification for the Eagnas ST-200 (US $279) and Easy-3 (US $209) are very
    similar, both use six-point mounting system and manual crank spring tensioning
    system. The only difference is ST-200 comes with 2 floating clamps and Easy-3
    comes with 1 floating clamp and 1 swivel clamp.

Which one is easier/faster to string ? Which one is the better buy ?

The following link has details on each machine:
    http://www.eagnas.com/badmint.html

Thanks.

2. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Having a fixed clamp is infinitely easier than messing around with floating clamps. I also have the impression that fixed clamps can hold tension better than floating clamps since floating clamps tend to give a bit after you lock it in-place.

-Rick

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In old days, there were some reviews against Eagnas' quality control. Ppl claimed the string machine seemed damaged their string. However, no idea about whether they improved or not recently.

If ur machine is just for personal usage (less than 1 racket per day), u might consider alternate choices such as Klipper: www.klipperusa.com (M140) This machine is 2-point drop weight configuration.

4. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

When I bought my stringing machine I looked at both models but finally settled on the Flex 740. Guess I just didn't like the way the racket is supported. I have read bad things about the quality of Eagnas. The main complaints seem to be inconsistent quality and poor support/customer service. However I have to say that I am quite happy with what I bought. The machine is fairly well made, everything worked and it is surprisingly solid. No complaints. May be I am just lucky. I think that generally Eagnas machines are a good deal, if you get one that is well made.