User Tag List

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    These rackets are most probably designed around the specs that the top athletes want right now as oppose to what general consumers or beginner or lower intermediate level players can actually handle or desire.
    I don't think I'm a lower intermediate player, but I guess that's all relative.. I have been playing badminton for about 20 years. I don't think I'm the only person here who prefers medium stiff (if that's even a proper description) racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    ZF-II looks excellent! Doesn't appear to be glossy either so a satin/matte black finish Attachment 154462. It does very much look like a Z-Speed frame; perhaps that is why LCW hasn't switched ... yet.

Futuristic design.. getting this one later!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I don't think I'm a lower intermediate player, but I guess that's all relative.. I have been playing badminton for about 20 years. I don't think I'm the only person here who prefers medium stiff (if that's even a proper description) racquets.
    Oh no don't get me wrong, naturally many professional players prefer medium stiff etc too. Prime example being LYD for example, who uses a BS12 I think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the design but It's a shame they've copied Li Ning!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i just looooooove the idea of the racket being matte instead of glossy. finally a racket i can use to replace my superwave35!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, the original VT-ZF also had a lovely matte finish
    I'm a little intrigued by this talk about the "tungsten-infused grommets."

Quote from the YY website:
    "Tungsten infused grommets maximize the contact time between shuttle and string. This combined with the TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM ensure that the frame flexes in a controlled way, holding the shuttle on the string bed for longer for maximum transfer of power to the shuttle."

Does this mean that:
    a. All other frames have so far been flexing in an "uncontrolled way"?
    b. These grommets will never need replacement? OR
    c. If they do need to be replaced, they will cost an arm and a leg?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this on the Yonex's website.
    The tungsten infused grommets is the same "technology" as what they used in the Voltric 50, it kinda helps but it must be a pain trying to replace them when they break...

I hope this racket lives up to its expectation since I'm expecting a lot out of this racket since I love the current Z-Force and I can't wait to get my hands on the new one to try it out

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    6.5 6.7 or 7.0????
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrr
    The outer diameter may or may not be thinner than the VT-ZF or Z-slash. The technology will allow for a thinner extrusion of the material for the same strength....see below taken from the YY website:

*approximate measurement when compared to a conventional racquet shaft, tested by YONEX
    Flexural Strength (Bending Strength) (%) Flexural Modules (Stiffness) Impact Strength (Resisting External Shock)
    Conventional Graphite 100 100 100
    NANOMETRIC 108 98 140
    NANOPREME 108 109 124
    Number (CONVENTIONAL GRAPHITE = 100)
    Researched by YONEX R&D Team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will NOT be even trying the VT-ZF (II) as I heard from a friend in Japan who already had a chance to hit with the racket. It still suffers from the same dull feel of the Z-Speed. Though it is an improved version of the Z-Speed in the rest of the departments.

I was planning to sell my regular VT-ZF (4U) and my VT-ZF 88 Ltd. (3U), but because I was told the feel is still dull, I am considering keeping my old 1st gen Z-Forces and going to skip the 2nd gen Z-Force...

**Just a tip to those who wet themselves after seeing the VT-ZF II on Yonex.co.jp and Yonex.com, IF I were you, I keep at least 1 VT-ZF (1st gen) since I was also informed that the 1st gen VT-ZF is discontinued. The 1st gen Z-Forces will sell until stocks runs out.

I speculate Yonex might bring back the 1st gen in some form of a Ltd Edition run, but its just my guess.

On a complete side note, I REALLY HOPE Yonex use some sort of a coating on this VT-ZF II matte finish since the original VT-ZF (EXCLUDING VT-ZF Olympic Ltd, VT-ZF 88) has cheap decal stickers that could be easily lifted and peel by long fingernails (Especially the "Z" logo and the lime green colored decals)

Though graphics makes a racket look fancy and futuristic, and it may help to promote the racket to sell (especially for collectors and visual racket appreciators). But the decals are no way as durable than plain paint designs (like the older models MusclePower series, Ti series, ArcSaber series etc...) Most of the times, just a few mishits, the decal will have "oval" shaped pieces missing from the decal (even with a clear coating)
    Last edited by mms6a; 01-16-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mms6a View Post
    **Just a tip to those who wet themselves after seeing the VT-ZF II on Yonex.co.jp and Yonex.com, IF I were you, I keep at least 1 VT-ZF (1st gen) since I was also informed that the 1st gen VT-ZF is discontinued. The 1st gen Z-Forces will sell until stocks runs out.
    It is true about it being discontinued. I recently bought another 4UG5 version the the ZF1. In all other stores except for the one I bought mine at it was sold out. Most stores only have some 3UG5 left.
    Good thing I bought it in time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VTZF 4u is going to be discontinued soon? Is that true?? If that's the case, I think I'm going to backup one more of it. another hole in my wallet this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Boy02 View Post
    The VTZF 4u is going to be discontinued soon? Is that true?? If that's the case, I think I'm going to backup one more of it. another hole in my wallet this week.
    If you like the ZF1 then I recommend you buy it now. Now I finally know the reason why it's discontinued... I thought it was weird at first since the stores never gave me any answer except for "We are sorry, the answer we got from Yonex is that it's 'sold out' ".
    If it's true that the ZF2 is supposed to be more like Z-Speed rather than the original ZF1, then I think they should have just kept the 1gen in production for a while longer... I think people buy ZF because it's a Voltric, not because it's a Z-Speed wannabe.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ I think there is still a lot of ZF88 stock floating around. Maybe that's why they've eased off on VT-ZF production... just guessing.

Of course, that's no use if you want a 4u.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VT-ZF 88 still have a good amount of stock left. Here in NA, less people spent the cash on the VT-ZF 88, and more people just bought the regular VT-ZF. This is however different in SP as more collectors and nostalgic players are present.

And I was told be my friend from Japan that the VT-ZF II 3U/4U is a complete replacement of VT-ZF I 3U/4U

Whenever the VT-ZF 1st gen is sold out, you will not be able to find one until Yonex either reintroduces the original VT-ZF racket or make yet another limited run of the VT-ZF (e.g. Premium/Ltd Editions)

There should be no shortages of the 1st gen VT-ZF in the SP and TH Yonex distribution regions for at least a year since the suppliers have ordered lots of batches of the 1st gen VT-ZF.

HOWEVER, if you live in the European or North American territories, this may not be the case as most stores order very limited supplies of each rackets. Once the newest made batch (I was told the last batch of the 1st gen VTZF will be made sometime in March 2014 to May 2014), then all supplies will be VT-ZF II.

Those live in EUR or NA, it is wise to buy a backup or 2 of the 1st gen VT-ZF if you are a fan of the the original Z-Force.

If you are tight on budget and still want one, it will still be in stock until the end of Summer 2014, so you can save up until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im just gonna wait for yonex to release a LCW edition (whichever model) for his retirement in due time... for keepsake purpose... hahah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering why the ZF is running low

ZF2 has a high expectation since the ZF was a big hit compared the ZSpeed.

from what it says, they made it head heavier and stiffer so becoming a Li-Ning N90??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mms6a View Post
    The VT-ZF 88 still have a good amount of stock left. Here in NA, less people spent the cash on the VT-ZF 88, and more people just bought the regular VT-ZF. This is however different in SP as more collectors and nostalgic players are present.

And I was told be my friend from Japan that the VT-ZF II 3U/4U is a complete replacement of VT-ZF I 3U/4U

Whenever the VT-ZF 1st gen is sold out, you will not be able to find one until Yonex either reintroduces the original VT-ZF racket or make yet another limited run of the VT-ZF (e.g. Premium/Ltd Editions)

There should be no shortages of the 1st gen VT-ZF in the SP and TH Yonex distribution regions for at least a year since the suppliers have ordered lots of batches of the 1st gen VT-ZF.

HOWEVER, if you live in the European or North American territories, this may not be the case as most stores order very limited supplies of each rackets. Once the newest made batch (I was told the last batch of the 1st gen VTZF will be made sometime in March 2014 to May 2014), then all supplies will be VT-ZF II.

Those live in EUR or NA, it is wise to buy a backup or 2 of the 1st gen VT-ZF if you are a fan of the the original Z-Force.

If you are tight on budget and still want one, it will still be in stock until the end of Summer 2014, so you can save up until then.
    That is quite true, VT-ZF (SP) can be easily available here.
    Many had tried and not able to wield it thus end up in local sales thread.
    Even new ones are being sold at higher discount rate.
    Still the VTZF-II looks great !!! Simple yet classy
    Last edited by soulsync; 01-17-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast