User Tag List

Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renmazuo, the transition between 4U vtzf to 3U vtzf2 will be indeed minimal. Just maybe 2-5 minutes of getting used to the faster swing and that's it. I also experienced that you'll have to use less power when clearing or hitting the shuttle to the baseline because if you dont, the shuttle will probably go out. I dunno if 4U vtzf2 would be more suitable for doubles though. I mean 3U is already fast enough. 4U might be less beefier. Just a theory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi everybody!!! I'm a long time reader but first time poser
    I just want to share the photo of my racket I am a 13 year old boy
    the racket isn't in my hands yet but its in Japan with my parents they bought it in Japan but I thought the case will be the hard cover/the voltric series cover but they only gave the soft cloth cover... by the end of March it will be in my hands already God bless us all!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  62.7 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the racket isn't in my hands yet but its in Japan with my parents they bought it in Japan but I thought the case will be the hard cover/the voltric series cover but they only gave the soft cloth cover... by the end of March it will be in my hands already God bless us all!!

Views: 1501
Size:  43.8 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views: 1413
Size:  33.7 KB
Views: 1413
Size:  26.5 KB
Views: 1501
Views: 1402

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Z-Force II | Initial impressions

So I finally had my first play session with this racket. 4UG4, around a 308mm balance without any strings or added grips, wrapping etc. Strung with Zymax 62 at 24/25 lbs. First thing I'll say is that this is by far the best looking racket I've seen from an aesthetic stand point. The matt finish, the dark grey colouring, the futuristic decals etc, beautiful. It feels great in the hand too.

On to initial play impressions.

Initially my timings were off. It's slightly head heavier than my current go to rackets, the JJS and the VT80, and straight off the bat the stiffer shaft, heavier balance and smaller head started affecting my play. It felt quick in my hands, but played slightly different to the other rackets.

Like with the JJS, I also found that the ZF2's sweet spot was less in the centre of the strings, and instead just slightly above it.

After a few practise matches, I started to get in to the flow of things, and the racket and me started to click. Switching back and forth between the JJS and the ZF2, there was a difference in feel. Both cut through the air extremely well, but the JJS had just a touch more repulsion and hold in the shots, despite still feeling very solid, whereas the ZF2 I felt had more of pop and whack. It feels slightly crisper, but there's very little play, and immediately you feel it in your shoulders.

I'm very wary of what I call "new racket syndrome", where every time you get a new racket, especially one that looks as sexy as the ZF2, you want to call it the best yet. So rather than letting me be the only judge, I let my badminton friends do the judging. I asked them to hit me a load of different practise shots, and let me know which racket had the harder returns. Sure enough, the ZF2 had the more powerful returns compared to the JJS and VT80, almost consistently. Smashes felt harder, made a louder pop and made the shuttle fly quicker.

Power at a price?

But there are downsides. The main one being that my shoulder started to ache after a while, which is something I've not experienced in a long while, not since using the original Z-Force. The question then is, is the added power and crispness the ZF2 offers, worth the added demand on your arm or shoulders? Well, I think to answer that I need to play with the racket more.

There is a chance that the next time I play I'll be more used to the racket and my shoulder conditioned to it, which I feel will most likely be the case as my shoulder was only marginally aching, I continued playing with no issues.

But one thing I was really impressed by was that none of the other parts of my play were really negatively impacted despite the extra influx of power afforded by the racket. The only thing I'd say is that it was harder to be as consistent overall compared to the JJS and VT80, likely due to the smaller head (and sweet spot), and slightly less forgiving overall feel. I certainly had a few more mishits with this racket compared to usual, but again, that could just be me needing more time to adjust to it.

I'll reserve my final review for later, in which I'll do a full comparison with the VT80, JJS and MX90.

Some photo's I took in the mean time.

Last edited by Naim.F.C; 03-08-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VTZF-1 has been officially discontinued but what a great racket the VTZF-2 is.
    So easy to restring.
    Name:  1977025_539759546121435_1409578567_n.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  26.0 KB
    Last edited by mds nl; 03-08-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Renmazuo, the transition between 4U vtzf to 3U vtzf2 will be indeed minimal. Just maybe 2-5 minutes of getting used to the faster swing and that's it. I also experienced that you'll have to use less power when clearing or hitting the shuttle to the baseline because if you dont, the shuttle will probably go out. I dunno if 4U vtzf2 would be more suitable for doubles though. I mean 3U is already fast enough. 4U might be less beefier. Just a theory
    Thanks for your thoughts Deity. Reason I went for a 4u Zforce2 was i actually struggled with the 3u zforce for doubles. As I like to play fast and i tend to favour the fore/mid court area, the Zforce LTD did admirably in these areas, as it was quick, light and packed decent punch (though my only gripe would probably be the lack of feel-felt quite spongy).

I may give the 3u zforce 2 a shot to see how it goes in 3u, as you say the quicker swing speed may offset the weight do help to sweeten the deal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    So I finally had my first play session with this racket. 4UG4, around a 308mm balance without any strings or added grips, wrapping etc. Strung with Zymax 62 at 24/25 lbs. First thing I'll say is that this is by far the best looking racket I've seen from an aesthetic stand point. The matt finish, the dark grey colouring, the futuristic decals etc, beautiful. It feels great in the hand too.

Initially my timings were off. It's slightly head heavier than my current go to rackets, the JJS and the VT80, and straight off the bat the stiffer shaft, heavier balance and smaller head started affecting my play. It felt quick in my hands, but played slightly different to the other rackets.

Like with the JJS, I also found that the ZF2's sweet spot was less in the centre of the strings, and instead just slightly above it.

After a few practise matches, I started to get in to the flow of things, and the racket and me started to click. Switching back and forth between the JJS and the ZF2, there was a difference in feel. Both cut through the air extremely well, but the JJS had just a touch more repulsion and hold in the shots, despite still feeling very solid, whereas the ZF2 I felt had more of pop and whack. It feels slightly crisper, but there's very little play, and immediately you feel it in your shoulders.

I'm very wary of what I call "new racket syndrome", where every time you get a new racket, especially one that looks as sexy as the ZF2, you want to call it the best yet. So rather than letting me be the only judge, I let my badminton friends do the judging. I asked them to hit me a load of different practise shots, and let me know which racket had the harder returns. Sure enough, the ZF2 had the more powerful returns compared to the JJS and VT80, almost consistently. Smashes felt harder, made a louder pop and made the shuttle fly quicker.

Power at a price?

But there are downsides. The main one being that my shoulder started to ache after a while, which is something I've not experienced in a long while, not since using the original Z-Force. The question then is, is the added power and crispness the ZF2 offers, worth the added demand on your arm or shoulders? Well, I think to answer that I need to play with the racket more.

There is a chance that the next time I play I'll be more used to the racket and my shoulder conditioned to it, which I feel will most likely be the case as my shoulder was only marginally aching, I continued playing with no issues.

But one thing I was really impressed by was that none of the other parts of my play were really negatively impacted despite the extra influx of power afforded by the racket. The only thing I'd say is that it was harder to be as consistent overall compared to the JJS and VT80, likely due to the smaller head (and sweet spot), and slightly less forgiving overall feel. I certainly had a few more mishits with this racket compared to usual, but again, that could just be me needing more time to adjust to it.

I'll reserve my final review for later, in which I'll do a full comparison with the VT80, JJS and MX90.

Man...those are are some sexy pics Naim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power at a price?

Can you upload more photo? Including your grip, please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nelson1990 View Post
    Can you upload more photo? Including your grip, please?
    Uploading the rest with my review

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    What? Ratchanok is using also? From the FB to a VTFZ 2? That's one massive transition.....
    Name:  1959524_691221244277863_1056913750_n.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  59.6 KB

looks like a repainted VTZF...so dont think its a massive transitision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uploading the rest with my review
    Alright! Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing pictures Naim, those strings look intense on the matte frame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ agreed. My next strings will be that color

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I got it... $196.50 not too bad! Pictures came out upside down... =/
    Name:  34t8msp.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  195.9 KB
    Name:  so7j1f.jpg
Size:  129.5 KB
    Name:  9u5gg6.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  119.6 KB
    Name:  23ke0ds.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  89.3 KB
    Name:  2lwr5ft.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  110.8 KB
    Name:  2mlq3m.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  172.6 KB
    Name:  zo6v7q.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  112.7 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foo's ZF2 review

My review on VT ZF2 (BG66Um 28lbs) is as follow:

Reviewer: Foo
    Intermediate to advanced player
    normally use 3u 8DX 27lbs bg80p and 5u ARCFB 29lbs bg66um as main racket.

Generally, I don't write reviews in such a short period of play.
    However, VTZF2 makes me do this review after only 5 hours of game time and few hours of practice.
    Initially ZF2 makes me feel not able to get used to it's feel and timing.
    But I get used to zf2 with a pretty good learning curve.
    (I initially think it would take a long time to get used to zf2.)
    This kind of learning curve may not apply for everyone,
    but it makes me feel confident to post a review about this racket.

Something you should know first: nanometric rackets requires good wrist work to accelerate the racket head to maximum speed in a very short time to perform great. If your style is long swing distance or using head weight to generate power, this review might not be helpful.

Flat drive (front-mid court):
    speed in between 8DX and FB, excellent for a headheavy racket.
    Zf2 perform equally good in active & passive stances.
    I would rate it as 4.5/5 in this area.

Flat drive (long distance) :
    Very impressive speed and distance, better than 8DX and FB.
    However, in passive stances, where some ppl might not be able to
    generate good wrist power, the performance suffers.
    In this area I would rate zf2 as 5/5 active & 3/5 passive

Defence :
    Very swift, the aerodynamic head shape ,small frame , long handle make zf2 defend reasonably well, though not as good as 8DX & FB.
    (small head still have some drawbacks)
    I would rate zf2 as 3.5/5 in this area.
    Note: 3.5/5 is a general verdict in denfence department. In some sort of defensive shots zf2 can get 5/5.
    Clear:
    Good at clear is nothing special for a head-heavy racket.
    The frame is a little more stable than ZF1, but 8DX is more stable.
    Improvement over ZF1 is there, but not much.
    Whip with your wrist makes the clear fast & deep, even cross court.
    (this is something very impressive in this department.)
    I would rate zf2 as 4/5 in this area.
    Note: In term of best performance, zf2 can be rated as 4.5/5 or even 5/5. But the small head and frame stability stops me from rate it over 4 points.

Smash:
    Initially I canít smash well in the first two days. the timing is simply off.
    On the 3rd day, I incorporate wrist work and body pressing altogether.
    The result is awesome.
    You may have to make some adjustments to squeeze the bests out of zf2.
    Itís performance is over what I can expect from a 4u racket, no complaint.
    I would rate it as 4.5/5 in this area.
    Note: still, there are a lot of high swing weight monsters out there,
    so that 4u zf2 canít hit the ceiling.

Serve/net/drop:
    Nothing special, not very impressive. However, no complaint at the same time.
    I would rate it as 4/5 in this area.

Feel:
    Generally, feel is not a required area for decision making.
    For nanometric rackets, some ppl may worry about over-damping & lake of feel.
    ZF2 is still dampened by nanometric, but the impact is minimal.
    The feedback feel, IMO, is much better than ZSP.
    Itís very close to traditional rackets.
    However, since itís less dampened & the frame is not one of the most stable shapes,
    the vibration on impact is there.
    IMO, this is a good compromise between feel & vibration.

Overall:
    Iím not going to give Zf2 an overall rating.
    I think the performance varies on different ppl & situations.
    I canít make a recommendation on something you might think it sucks.
    However, from my personal viewpoint, itís in the top tire.
    Iíll definitely switch my main racket to Zf2 4u.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lingo124 View Post
    Well I got it... $196.50 not too bad! Pictures came out upside down... =/
    Name:  34t8msp.jpg
Size:  195.9 KB
    Name:  so7j1f.jpg
Size:  129.5 KB
    Name:  9u5gg6.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  119.6 KB
    Name:  23ke0ds.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  89.3 KB
    Name:  2lwr5ft.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  110.8 KB
    Name:  2mlq3m.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  172.6 KB
    Name:  zo6v7q.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  112.7 KB
    With purple strings? Or was it dark blue?

It blends in well!

Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast